Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turnigy lipo and tc racing

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Tech Adept

Default Turnigy lipo and tc racing

hello my son and I are going to start to racing some gta,17.5,open mod in touring car
so we are looking to pick up a few lipos
and from what i under stand hobbypartz dont ship lipos to canada
we are racing in 3 class's each and need some lipos that are roar approved
(club rules)
so I was looking at the turnigy 5000 40 c to keep the cost down
is this a bad ideal? may be we might need to find a dif better battery for mod?

I did see turnigy battery on the roar list of lipos

is this a ok buy?

thanks for any info
I posted this in the Radio and Electronics but no responds
Old 08-15-2012, 05:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Turnigy stuff is great for the price. I wouldnt have any fear buying them. Their chargers are good deals too.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:40 PM
Tech Rookie

you can't go wrong tbf - would getting yourself a lipo safe bag too.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Turnigy Lipos are an excellent way of keeping costs down while getting very good products. I've owned a couple of Turnigy Lipos (usually the 2s 6600mah Nanotechs that aren't ROAR approved) and they're some of the best batteries I use.

Another good alternative to the bigger named brands is the Gens Ace batteries. You can find them at Hobbypartz.com. I use the 5000mah 40c ones for my VTA car and have no problems finishing 8min mains on them.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racespecs
you can't go wrong tbf - would getting yourself a lipo safe bag too.
+1
Old 08-16-2012, 12:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The nano-tech batteries have been good to me, I was surprised to see a few pop up on the roar list, but happy, though I would have hoped the 6000+ models would have gone up, but weirdly not.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Maybe it's just me, but I would rather support a company that I can count on to be there, such as speed zone!
Old 08-16-2012, 01:39 AM
Tech Elite

A couple of people at our local race track are using the Turnigy batteries and have said good things about them.
My first ever lipo battery was a Turnigy and it still performs well after nearly 2 years.

Just make sure that the Turnigy battery you choose is on the ROAR approved list, some of the Nano Tech versions are also on the approved list.
With some of the batteries stocked in the Australian warehouse, shorter shipping times here is another bonus along with the price.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:01 AM
Tech Addict

I run the nano 4.2's (40c) and they're great packs for me. I'm not a fast guy and don't seem to be great at getting the most out of my car at the beginning of a run, but the nano's seem to hold up throughout the entire race. I'm basically running the same times the entire 6 minutes in 17.5.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ta04evah
A couple of people at our local race track are using the Turnigy batteries and have said good things about them.
My first ever lipo battery was a Turnigy and it still performs well after nearly 2 years.

Just make sure that the Turnigy battery you choose is on the ROAR approved list, some of the Nano Tech versions are also on the approved list.
With some of the batteries stocked in the Australian warehouse, shorter shipping times here is another bonus along with the price.

Cheers
Rob.

ROAR years ago would support the racers and RC companies supporting ROAR.
With payment you would get a ROAR card, ROAR magazines, updates of all the race dates, insurance, stickers.

Now, just a website.
The insurance is now like a secondary insurance.
I guess this is why most tracks and big races don't run ROAR anymore like the Snowbirds.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

I've been running the Nano Tech 5800 30C for about 2 years and it's been pretty good.

And it looks like it got on the ROAR approved list on July 25th, cool!!
Old 08-16-2012, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i have 4 turnigy's myself and I have had them a while now... I would reccomend them for sure
Old 08-16-2012, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mr RCTech
Now, just a website.
The insurance is now like a secondary insurance.
I guess this is why most tracks and big races don't run ROAR anymore like the Snowbirds.
That may be the case in the US, however there are still many tracks around the world that hold either club level competition or major titles that require ROAR approved batteries.

The Op stated that their club has the rule of ROAR approved batteries, so they are making sure that they will be allowed to race at their local track.

It's good to see Turnigy batteries are also focusing on the competition racer with their batteries & making the effort to get their batteries ROAR approved which will equate to more sales for them.
I've heard both good & bad reports of them but it's the same with other brands.
For someone with an limited income or doesn't want to sink a lot of money into batteries the Turnigy offer a good bang for buck value.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:24 PM
gom
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

get the nano tech. i run 2 packs and they are great.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ta04evah
That may be the case in the US, however there are still many tracks around the world that hold either club level competition or major titles that require ROAR approved batteries.

The Op stated that their club has the rule of ROAR approved batteries, so they are making sure that they will be allowed to race at their local track.

It's good to see Turnigy batteries are also focusing on the competition racer with their batteries & making the effort to get their batteries ROAR approved which will equate to more sales for them.
I've heard both good & bad reports of them but it's the same with other brands.
For someone with an limited income or doesn't want to sink a lot of money into batteries the Turnigy offer a good bang for buck value.

Cheers
Rob.

This is good to hear.
Turnigy batters are Awesome.

I own high dollar packs and the IR internal resistance on the Turnigy packs are the same if not better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.