Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree8Likes

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 02:53 PM
Tech Regular

And for the record I held Stock A final winner Andy Robson's MI5 and my friend Kirk Beasley's.

With the inner 5 top deck screws removed the BD7 has pretty much the same side to side flex as the MI5
Old 05-27-2013, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mi4cxl
I watched a majority of the races at Stafford on the weekend. Whilst not every car looked perfect. The stand out car which looked nervous and very on edge was pretty much all the bd7's.

The conditions are the same for everybody (as are the tyres). This car clearly has fundamental issue with low grip conditions. It gives ZERO confidence for the driver. It's been designed in a competely different country around different tyres, driving style and tarmac/asphault.

The MI5 is already looking to be a good all round car. This car isn't. Even west london isn't a massive grip circuit (When compared to the cotswolds) and is pretty much the same layout as Stafford (which is a track i love and did a lot of the track maintainance on) so it will be interesting to see how it goes there.

Maybe the car needs some 'radical' setup changes to get it to 'work'? Who knows.

It's mightily frustrating for whats supposed to be the best car on the market.
Everyone is just so brain washed with you have to follow these setups that Yokomo posts to a T that going anything other than Silver Silver or Pink Blue is taboo.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:20 PM
Tech Adept

Nolan u are right no two driver, driving style is the same so using someone else's setup does not necessarily work a basis but that's it really.

Regarding saving tires actually btcc is 2 sets, yes not using £50 pounds worth of tires plus a set or two on Saturday.

I appreciate the time and effort that goes into preparing tracks come winter I help with a big series. But why say the tires this the tires that when in actual fact it's the black stuff on the floor that's the issue! If stafford wanted to get back on the map properly why was it not resurfaced! Now this is a bd7 forum. There are a few tracks around the uk that are beyond low traction stafford is 1 the bd7 is designed around high traction tracks not ultra low grip tracks.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

So then it is the car ;-)... Fundamentally not a low grip car.

You should be able to set a car up good enough eventually regardless of grip levels. Resurfacing an entire track is stupidly expensive and not cost effective...

Plus it adds some diversity to the series having varying grip levels across a series.

Btcc isn't limited to 2 sets either. It's a 'gentlemens agreement' that people stick to 2 sets. However if you're serious and rich enough you could run a new set every round.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:39 PM
Tech Adept

I'm fighting the loosing battle so it seems.... Yes the bd7 is crap... Lol
Old 05-27-2013, 03:43 PM
Tech Adept

Ill give the suggestions a go thsnks.

Have any of you guys tried long links there?
Old 05-27-2013, 03:49 PM
Tech Adept

Which ride tires did u compare to?

Longer links will make the car lazier it will calm the nervousness also spacing the shocks out too will help with longest wheelbase and going wider too
Old 05-27-2013, 03:57 PM
Tech Initiate

I watched a majority of the races at Stafford on the weekend. Whilst not every car looked perfect. The stand out car which looked nervous and very on edge was pretty much all the bd7's.

The conditions are the same for everybody (as are the tyres). This car clearly has fundamental issue with low grip conditions. It gives ZERO confidence for the driver. It's been designed in a competely different country around different tyres, driving style and tarmac/asphault.

The MI5 is already looking to be a good all round car. This car isn't. Even west london isn't a massive grip circuit (When compared to the cotswolds) and is pretty much the same layout as Stafford (which is a track i love and did a lot of the track maintainance on) so it will be interesting to see how it goes there.

Maybe the car needs some 'radical' setup changes to get it to 'work'? Who knows.

It's mightily frustrating for whats supposed to be the best car on the market.
Chris Grainger may have made it look easy there but I will say I was talking to a few Mi5 drivers who were having the same problem as the bd7, tyres gone after 1 round. He also said it was the surface not the car.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

So then it is the car ;-)... Fundamentally not a low grip car.

You should be able to set a car up good enough eventually regardless of grip levels. Resurfacing an entire track is stupidly expensive and not cost effective...

Plus it adds some diversity to the series having varying grip levels across a series.

Btcc isn't limited to 2 sets either. It's a 'gentlemens agreement' that people stick to 2 sets. However if you're serious and rich enough you could run a new set every round.
Come across the pond to play my car works great in "low traction". I think we could give you a run for your money. If not I can find someone else to pilot my car.

Last edited by NolanP; 05-27-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:21 PM
Tech Adept

Nolan u setiously don't understand!!!! We have some shocking tracks and no sun to warm them up.... When we get sun the throws the tire prep out the window! Lol seriosly mate or tracks have leaves on and everything pmsl

Some are a cross between ice rinks and a piece of glass!
Old 05-27-2013, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Does anyone know where I can buy the new version of this, which allows a better fitment of bigger pinions?

Thanks
Old 05-27-2013, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jampot
Nolan u setiously don't understand!!!! We have some shocking tracks and no sun to warm them up.... When we get sun the throws the tire prep out the window! Lol seriosly mate or tracks have leaves on and everything pmsl

Some are a cross between ice rinks and a piece of glass!
I was running my car this weekend on 58 degrees, damp(I helped dry the track), cloud covered. Car was pretty much still money. No leaves though. But a lot of the guys were having issues with traction and finding it to be a drift track if you will. I was having fun. Sun comes out I change springs and back to good.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bukil
Does anyone know where I can buy the new version of this, which allows a better fitment of bigger pinions?

Thanks
As far as I'm aware there is only 1 version can u not find a smaller spur that fits?
Old 05-27-2013, 10:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cyclone
Ill give the suggestions a go thsnks.

Have any of you guys tried long links there?
I tried long links both front and rear. Made no difference. Car was still terrible.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jampot
As far as I'm aware there is only 1 version can u not find a smaller spur that fits?
I have tried different combinations. If I use a smaller spur, I can't seem to get the FDR that I want since the motor will not move any further towards the spur.

My goal is to be able to use a bigger spur.

Check this post out.

Last edited by bukil; 05-27-2013 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Hyperlink fail

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.