Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 03:48 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by td-civ
my first kits came with 7mm and i dont know if your right or not as i never open the other ones from my orther kit as i never used them or mounted them

so if there 5mm cool
well I could be wrong I guess they could have released yellow 7mm with the kits just can't seem to get the yellow rims from 3racing in anything other than 5mm for the D3

Did you notice the error in the D3 SAK-324 one way instructions I even assembled it and it is definitely wrong
Old 11-20-2012, 03:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pickled
ok take it apart again look at the bearings

the arrow turns anti-clockwise toward the front
the centre diagram is what you should follow if your using the SAK-D324 put the spacer in, if your using the SAK-59/V2 leave the spacer out and use the solid axle screws
you can't go wrong if you follow the diagram.
when you have it re-assembled the one way appears to only spin forward when you spin them by hand but when powered they free spin when the throttle is released.
I see the arrow but does that come off so i can put it on the other side? Sorry but i feel stupid this is the first time i got stomped building a kit! I am using the sak- d324

Thanks
Old 11-20-2012, 04:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kuyamark
I see the arrow but does that come off so i can put it on the other side? Sorry but i feel stupid this is the first time i got stomped building a kit! I am using the sak- d324

Thanks
leave it intact the arrow would be the same as when you turn the unit over, put it in so the arrow rotates counter clockwise on the right hand side looking at the chassis from the front. when the arrow is at the top of the bearing it should be pointed toward the front of the car as that indicates which direction the oneway turns when engaged or when power is applied

this is the correct assembly if yours doesn't look like this or the arrow is facing the opposite direction then put the pulley on the other side

man I'm surprised at how clearly this picture turned out lol

Last edited by pickled; 11-20-2012 at 06:29 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:30 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks pickled
Old 11-20-2012, 05:42 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks pickled
So did you get it sorted

as for crazy mods here is what my KPI mod looks like with the rough edges cleaned up

Last edited by pickled; 11-20-2012 at 06:32 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pickled
So did you get it sorted

as for crazy mods here is what my KPI mod looks like with the rough edges cleaned up
Thanks i did get it sorted out its finally working thank you very much
Old 11-20-2012, 12:19 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks i did get it sorted out its finally working thank you very much
Awesome, good to hear. Have fun with it.

I jumped the gun and bought the new hop ups from 3racing only to find out 5mins after I payed for them that if I'd looked on rcMart then I would have saved about $10

Last edited by pickled; 11-21-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (96%+)

I need some help with my suspension tuning.

I built my kit according to the manual. I am having problems with my suspension. I'm guessing it's way too soft. I built my shocks with the 3 hole piston. I screwed my adjuster all the way up on all 4 shocks. I used the oil included in the kit also.

When I finished my kit and put it on my table, almost the whole chassis was laying right on my table.

What do I have to do to get my suspension set up nicely?

Can you guys post your suspension setups?
Old 11-21-2012, 09:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SerpentCT4S
I need some help with my suspension tuning.

I built my kit according to the manual. I am having problems with my suspension. I'm guessing it's way too soft. I built my shocks with the 3 hole piston. I screwed my adjuster all the way up on all 4 shocks. I used the oil included in the kit also.

When I finished my kit and put it on my table, almost the whole chassis was laying right on my table.

What do I have to do to get my suspension set up nicely?

Can you guys post your suspension setups?
Ok do you have a ride height gauge? I use a set of tamiya spring clips to give me more adjustment at the front. Get something about 5mm thick and long enough to slide under the chassis in front of the front wheels to use as a gauge wind the spring adjuster down till you can slide the 5mm gauge under it do it to both sides try to get it equal. Then do the same at the rear. I tap the rear end a few times to get the front to lift to it's correct height in between adjustments like when power is applied and I do the same at the front to check the rear. I used three hole pistons on the front and four hole pistons on the rear. I bought #400 and #1300 oil which is close to the standard oil and set it up the way the instructions say. I have mine setup at 4.5mm front and 3mm rear

Last edited by pickled; 11-21-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:54 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys...

I finally recieved my chassis yesterday, and immedietly started building. I didn't get far though. I have bought the aluminium suspension upgrades both front and rear. The parts that hold the pins which holds the arms in place. It seems like I need som pivot balls that fit into the aluminium upgrade parts.

That was not written anywhere I have seen, so i did not know that I needed them. Have any of you experienced the same issues and if so, which part have you bought? It seems these will fit, but they are out of stock everywhere it seems http://www.rcmart.com/3racing-41502-...5-p-32160.html

Now i need to build the standard chassis, and wait until I can get some pivot balls. Im very disappointed atm

Otherwise, the kit looks decent for what it is, can't wait to get it rolling
Old 11-21-2012, 11:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sgp-chris
Hi Guys...

I finally recieved my chassis yesterday, and immedietly started building. I didn't get far though. I have bought the aluminium suspension upgrades both front and rear. The parts that hold the pins which holds the arms in place. It seems like I need som pivot balls that fit into the aluminium upgrade parts.

That was not written anywhere I have seen, so i did not know that I needed them. Have any of you experienced the same issues and if so, which part have you bought? It seems these will fit, but they are out of stock everywhere it seems http://www.rcmart.com/3racing-41502-...5-p-32160.html

Now i need to build the standard chassis, and wait until I can get some pivot balls. Im very disappointed atm

Otherwise, the kit looks decent for what it is, can't wait to get it rolling
Doh yeah you need the pivot ball I bought mine when I bought the mounts these work, Tamiya (#50994) 5mm SUS. Ball and are in stock. Just assemble with the plastic mounts you can replace the mounts later easily without stripping the chassis. if you look up the mounts on the 3racing site it has the installation instructions which is how I knew to get them.

also go to the accessories section on rcMart and grab yourself some 3mx1mm/pk washers and possibly the 0.5mm washers eunique and I both shimmed the suspension pins with 1.5mm of washers on both sides instead of the plastic 1mm. or you could just get 1.5mm washers. it gets rid of the slop in the arms. I also bought tamiya ceramic grease HG (boron nitride compound) and lubed the pivot ball holes really well and the pins and washers so it doesn't bind.

Last edited by pickled; 11-22-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

use the tamiya ones as they fit better then the 3racing one
Old 11-22-2012, 06:45 AM
Tech Adept

I already have the washers thankfully. I ordered both the 0.5 and 1mm when i decided to order the upgrades. I know from experience that there could be some slop, and im not a fan of that

I just missed the pivot ball thing completely. I believe it's the first time in years something like this has happend. It's a bummer...

I wrote RCMART an email, asking when the 3racing ones would be back in stock, and if they knew of an alternative part I could use. They replied that I should just order the ones that where out of stock, and they would try and get it for me. They said nothing about these Tamiyas...

Thank you for the link, I will order them immiedietly!

Also, has any of you found a good setup with the stock shocks. Im thinking piston/oil/position combo. I wan't to upgrade the shocks at some point, but for know I will just leave them stock, and play around with the oil and positions. I read somewhere that you can run 30wt all around???

I would like to hear what you guys have found the best so far, and since this is my first drifter I have nu clue what to do in order to get the chassis handling the way I want it. That's why I would like a good basic setup to work from

Last edited by sgp-chris; 11-22-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:02 PM
Tech Initiate

What servo would be good with this car, and CS in general. Guess it should be fast. 0.10 ok? 10kg torque? a 50-60g servo?
Old 11-22-2012, 01:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Anthias
What servo would be good with this car, and CS in general. Guess it should be fast. 0.10 ok? 10kg torque? a 50-60g servo?
here is a thread on the same topic over at DM
http://forum.driftmission.com/Thread...s#.UK6WhIfqnmY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.