Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 07:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by zy0000yz
So you have one with the Ultra wide angle driveshafts and a one way? Thats it, no special alloy or 3rd party parts/mods needed?
Option 2 is remove dogbones and increase steering angle to max and go 2wd
I tried the ultra wide angle driveshaft with stock C hubs and they were fine.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by alunjai
I tried the ultra wide angle driveshaft with stock C hubs and they were fine.
Did you have to set endpoints on your steering, and was the front spool still in?
Somewhere back in this thread (can't remember where) someone said that the chatter is caused by the slop in the steering assembly. So I disconnected the steering and held the wheel straight with my hand (on the balljoint closest to the wheel, not sure what it is called) while setting the trim for the car to go forwards by itself. Still chatter towards 35 degrees at minimum throttle (sensor less system, freewheeling off the ground)
http://www.asiatees.com/display?3Rac...id=60309&pid=1
Can someone tell me if these will fix my problem?
I already have these installed:
http://www.rcmart.com/3racing-sakd33...Path=1102_1106
Everything but the driveshafts, my homemade belt tensiner, and wheels/tires is stock...
Old 01-10-2015, 01:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Default SSKs have a smaller max angle than the UWAs

http://www.asiatees.com/display?3Rac...id=60309&pid=1
Can someone tell me if these will fix my problem?
The SSKs have a smaller angle than the UWAs. Can you take them apart? (don't remember). Maybe there's some dirt in there. See my post #1520:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...l#post11895107

repost of the image:

( i get to post urls )
Old 01-10-2015, 03:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by kwadruppel
The SSKs have a smaller angle than the UWAs. Can you take them apart? (don't remember). Maybe there's some dirt in there. See my post #1520:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...l#post11895107

repost of the image:

( i get to post urls )
Shouldn't be any dirt in there, they are less than a week old, and I took them apart and put them together again when I got them. (Don't have access to a dremel so I haven't flattened the pin yet. The car has almost exclusively been used on carpet at the LHS or at home (which I vacuum the living room before using it. :P )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuz3XW8Io4s
Same symptoms as this guy.
Please note I have the front spool in (the plastic one) and already have the UWA's installed.
At higher RPM's (close to full throttle), even tiny angles like 20 or so cause chatter! (When the wheels are off the ground)
Somewhere someone said a one-way will fix it (in the youtube comments) when matched with the UWA's.
Pickled, I think you recommended the SSK's to others, what do you think?
Just wanna drive...
Old 01-12-2015, 06:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Shouldn't be any dirt in there, they are less than a week old, and I took them apart and put them together again when I got them. (Don't have access to a dremel so I haven't flattened the pin yet. The car has almost exclusively been used on carpet at the LHS or at home (which I vacuum the living room before using it. :P )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuz3XW8Io4s
Same symptoms as this guy.
Please note I have the front spool in (the plastic one) and already have the UWA's installed.
At higher RPM's (close to full throttle), even tiny angles like 20 or so cause chatter! (When the wheels are off the ground)
Somewhere someone said a one-way will fix it (in the youtube comments) when matched with the UWA's.
Pickled, I think you recommended the SSK's to others, what do you think?
Just wanna drive...
When you installed UWA D331, did you install the M5x10x3 bearing on the inner side of the knuckle? This bearing comes with the UWA.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by alunjai
When you installed UWA D331, did you install the M5x10x3 bearing on the inner side of the knuckle? This bearing comes with the UWA.
Yup, I replaced the original bearings with smaller ones that came with the UWA driveshafts.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Yup, I replaced the original bearings with smaller ones that came with the UWA driveshafts.
Have you tried installing the stock driveshafts with the smaller bearings? For some reason this works for me and not experiencing any chattering even at full lock. But UWA actually chatters at full lock which is strange. Now I just use the original driveshafts.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Alright, I have mostly fixed my chatter... With a $70 servo! It is a savox 1290 MG and I got it from my LHS. 0.04 turn speed. A big step up from my $10 futaba. Also I took out the brushless and put a 27 turn brushed. It does the job. Next up-One-Way!
Old 02-11-2015, 12:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Skulking About...

Hey Everyone

Just introducing myself at this point.
Located in Southeast Michigan, US. and practice drifting at Larry's Performance R/C

I have finally read this entire thread.... 152 pages... *whew*
I picked up a Sakura D3 CS for Christmas and have been tinkering around with it. I have put a fair amount of 'off the shelf' mods on it so far and i am enjoying it.

It seems that the thread died off a bit at the end of summer 2014

@pickled;
@eunique;
@caseymacgyver;

^^ you guys are brilliant
Old 02-12-2015, 04:51 AM
Tech Rookie

So far the hopups that i have bought and installed are-

FOW
UWA axles
alloy c-hubs
alloy knuckles
YR alloy arms, Front and Rear
alloy 6mm wheel hex
Ti pulley shafts
alloy 13t pulleys for front gearset
alloy steering
delrin ballends (not yet installed)
HPI 7-spoke 6mm offset wheels + Superdrift rubber tires
Spec-R Magnetic body tools/mounts
Yokomo FC3S RX-7 Street Version body
Old 02-20-2015, 03:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi everyone
I am a rookie and have just ordered a D3
I hope that this thread is not dead but even if so, i have so much to learn from it that i am sure that all my possible questions or problems will have an answer in some post
Since my work blocks this kind of sites, i have just saved every page and links to check during my lunch times
I am new to drift and got hooked thru a Hobbyking 1/16 4x4 Rally Extreme Edition after fitting the Drift kit on it
I loved it and enjoyed it but wanted the real thing, so i sold it, looked around the web and settled for the D3
Started placing orders at the end of January and am expecting them soon
Orders take long to get delivered to Brasil
Got everything from Rcmart
This is what i ordered..........so far
Alum One Way Tube
Alum Rear Bulkhead Bearing Housing Ver2 (because of the built-in tensioner)
Alum Spur gear adaptor
Alum Steering System
Ultra Wide Angle Universal Driveshafts (now i read in this last post that the SSK are better
Alum Motor Mount Heatsink with Fan Mount
Alum Motor Plate
NOVAK Drift Spec Sensored Brushless System 13,5T COMBO
OMG Low Profile Digital High Speed Coreless Servo - #D2LPCM07S
.........and obviously the D3

I hope i made the right choices
Now all i have to do is to get it all, assemble it and start learning to drift

Anything i missed?

My thanks to all contributors of this great thread as i am sure it will be my "manual"

Regards
Carlos
Old 02-21-2015, 04:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi all!
Had my d3 for over a year now. Its a bit of a missile at the moment!
Started off with a speed passion 10.5t combo. ESC shat itself a few a little bit so grabbed an esc off a mate (not even sure what it is). A part from that i have got an OMG servo in it and a F.O.W and a set of cheap work meister clones with t-drift tyres its stock. Rear suspension up right is currently plastic welded togeather from an incident with a pole. Stuffing around in a carpark a mate didn't see me so i swerved to avoid a head on and slide into a pole sideways.
Got a tamiya wrx shell on the car at the moment but have an e30 m3 shell all painted up ready to put on when i have stealth mounts.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aw11Clown
Hi all!
Had my d3 for over a year now. Its a bit of a missile at the moment!
Started off with a speed passion 10.5t combo. ESC shat itself a few a little bit so grabbed an esc off a mate (not even sure what it is). A part from that i have got an OMG servo in it and a F.O.W and a set of cheap work meister clones with t-drift tyres its stock.
Got a tamiya wrx shell on the car at the moment but have an e30 m3 shell all painted up ready to put on when i have stealth mounts.
As long as the repair works... Nothing to worry about.
For stealth mounts, you can use styrene to tie both posts together, then use industrial strength Velcro on it and the body and it will hold good... I even use that technique on my scalers and they have taken a tumble and still work good
Old 02-21-2015, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mozflyer
Hi everyone
I am a rookie and have just ordered a D3
I hope that this thread is

Started placing orders at the end of January and am expecting them soon
Orders take long to get delivered to Brasil
Got everything from Rcmart
This is what i ordered..........so far
Alum Steering System
Ultra Wide Angle Universal Driveshafts (now i read in this last post that the SSK are better
Alum Motor Mount Heatsink with Fan Mount
.........and obviously the D3
Anything i missed?
My thanks to all contributors of this great thread as i am sure it will be my "manual"
Carlos
You are on your way to a great drifter... I love mine and have have modified it extensively.
I like UWA better than the SSKs. As you can see in my earlier posts.. I started off with SSKs (only because it was only part available at the time prior to UWA release). Hope you ordered the alum knuckles also because those work together and steering to give you max possible angles. Also, make sure you set end points on your steering throw in your remote so you don't ruin your servo. I ruined a good BlueBird high speed servo that way.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MaruRx7
Hey Everyone
I picked up a Sakura D3 CS for Christmas and have been tinkering around with it. I have put a fair amount of 'off the shelf' mods on it so far and i am enjoying it
@pickled;
@eunique;
@caseymacgyver;

^^ you guys are brilliant
Congrats... Good job on reading all pages. There's excellent info in this thread.

*anybody tring out this chassis for first time, don't get discouraged.. It takes a while to get used tothe overdrive countersteer of this chassis (specially if you came from 50/50 drifting)... But once you get used to this chassis, it's excellent and a ton of fun!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.