Well I just brought two packs
Hope your right!
Old 06-09-2005, 11:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by loopedeloop
Well I just brought two packs
Hope your right!
I'm gonna assume you were talking to me and if so you should be happy with them. I just got two 3700 packs from him tonight. I can't comment on them yet for I did not run them. There were a couple others at our track that just got the 37's and were saying run time is no issue at all. All my 33's were great packs and still are, just looking for that little more as everyone else is.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by burbs
http://www.hyperform-racing.com/frame_product.html

here is some good stuff. for a good price...

my first choice would be hefty cells... there multi national champs.....thise can be found at http://www.lefthander-rc.com/catalog/index.php

lefthander is basically the only place online to get them.. i have used there stuff exclusivley for the past few years... Ive done well with them to..
Thanks for the plug burbs!
We do have a great sale on 1.175-1.179 packs this month...
www.Hyperform-Racing.com

Last edited by Hyperform Racing; 06-10-2005 at 12:50 AM.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:35 AM
Tech Initiate

It is amazing the mind set people get over a sticker that says something will do what ever as in batterys. I can make you a battery sticker that will say what ever you want it to say like 1.20, 1.19,1.18, does this sticker mean anything NO! for all of you that think the MaxAmp batterys are no good just because they don't have stickers then please go ahead and spend 50 to 80 plus dollars for your batterys with stickers. MaxAmps makes no claims other then they are voltage matched at 1.18 and they are. I match my own batterys and have yet to find one of their cells that will not deliver as advertized. Your high dollar matched batterys with their pretty stickers if matched by a reputable company will deliver as stated when new but after 5 to 6 charge cycles your stickers no longer mean anything as your batterys have changed and are no longer matched, close but not quite the same. I personally would rather buy three packs for 90 bucks then two for a 100 to 160 bucks,but then maybe you guys have money to waste! I do too but I choose to waste it on other things.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Then why do the so called pro's get the best of the best batteries from there sponsors???

4 matched 1.18 cells will cycle out better then 3 1.19 and a 1.16... The only way to feel the difference from battery to battery is how well your car works.. if your car isnt set up good, generally any cells will do.. but if your looking for that extra little edge. matched is the only way....

I run oval. and in oval, voltage is a big difference on the track, when the car is working well.. i can tell the difference from pack to pack... all my packs are numbered.. i run them based on cycling and average voltage...

BTW first post to defend max amps??? I wonder who you work for....

the main thing when buying batteries, is to find which matcher you like.. stick with them, and you cant go wrong... dont just look for killer numbers, buy with a reputation... Thats why i run HEFTY cells.. i know the matcher personally... I know his numbers are true... i have yet to have a pack come out other then stated... But i trust them so i buy them... Im not claiming there the best either...i buy what i know...
Old 06-10-2005, 12:52 AM
Suspended

Burbs dont knock something until you try it
Old 06-10-2005, 12:54 AM
Tech Master

ive been racing for 17 years.. trust me ive tried almost every mathcer, and not matched as well...and where did i knock anything?
Old 06-10-2005, 05:59 AM
Suspended

Last edited by cr250; 10-19-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I agree with Burbs on the comment about how you find a matcher you like and stick with them. I went through a few different companies before I settled on RaceDayRC. The numbers are real and the packs work great, not to mention if I ever would have had a problem, they are local for me. But I have not had one issue with any of the packs from this matcher. Bottom line it comes down to personal preference and my preference is RaceDayRc. You can argue all you want about this issue but is all based on opinions as is most threads started this way are. I'm not bashing any one here and feel everyone is entitled to their opinions.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

For all those that are testing cells on there own equiptment. How do you know that the volt meter reading is correct? Get a DVOM one with about 10MegaOHMs of impeadence. Usually those meters are more accurat. When you are discharging your cells connect the DVOM to your pack and see if it is the same to the charger readout. I will say for most it will not be. Your leads also have some play in it.

I have a few Maxamps cell and they are very impressive. I have a Peak SP pack with great numbers. I paid 75 for them. I have some of the GP3300 that were advertised as 1.18. I paid 30 for them. They cycle better than my Peak high dollar pack. And I can feel it on the track.

When LiPo packs come to market safer we will see the battery war go away. And all of the matchers with it. That will be better for the consumer.

Check the meter readings!!
Old 06-10-2005, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You will never see an end to the battery war.......even when Lipo hits....matchers will find ways to get more voltage and to match each cell. Basic electronics will tell you that this will make for a better performing pack.....even with the small differences, these are what us racers strive for to get that extra edge in a race.

So, if you think matchers will go away when Lipos hit....you are badly mistaken.....they will just simply evolve.

And while I am not gonna say anything about a matching company.....I can tell you, GP does not offer cells that are guaranteed avg 1.18x......I've never seen a case like that....especially on our equipment. Maybe they guarantee 1.18x peak.....cause a cell thats unzapped from GP, even from what they call their top 10% cases rarely hits 1.18x without zapping.....I can count them on my hand how many I have seen do that.....and GP doesn't zap batteries like we do......

Later EddieO
Old 06-10-2005, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Why would you want a battery war to go away? Dont you understand that with a battery war, the battery matchers are and in some cases have come up with ways to get more out of the batterys. And also the fact with many many matching companies out there battling it out, comes a price battle also. Not only do they fight about whos batteries are better but alot of times they also fight about pricing. All of this is good for us the racers, that buy our own stuff. The only thing that we as racers dont like and i am going to have to add the matchers in this catagorey as well, is the constant releasing of big cells. Matchers are just getting there shipments of certain cells as new cells are being released. Which mean for the racers the money we just spent on those cells , was kinda frustrating because new cells that have more punch or runtime are now out. And the matchers have the same problems because the cells they just bought and matched no one wants them anymore cause theres bigger and better out now. So the battery war is really nothing you should be glad to see go away. Although it would be nicer to see the cell compans slow down there devolpment or releasing of the newly engineered cells. But that to will never happen because they want to make there money back to help pay for the reseach and devolpent of the cells we cant even buy yet.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:25 AM
Suspended

Last edited by cr250; 10-19-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

LiPo's can not be cycled like we know of today. You are trying to take what we know of sub-C cells and apply it to a totally different beast.

The matchers would become more of a battery disounter. If all the LiPo's were very consitant than why match? So where do they go?

The brushless motors are getting better. The controller is a big part on how the run. What will happen to all the small builders of motors when they are not selling brushes any more?

There is a big change coming to this hobby. The retailers do not want it to happen because of a true loss in revenues for them.

The racing will come closer to driver against driver. The batt/motor issue will decline. We should see all this happen in ten years. So hold on.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have ordered some new GP3700's and some GP3300's at Maxamps.com. My 3700's are still to come, but I already received the 3300's.

I tried these cells for their first time last tuesday and I must say I was impressed with the performance! They seem to be pretty good. I must say I'm not that much into battery and matching because here in Holland we only have very, very slippery tracks in off-road. I experience high voltage rather annoying than an advantage. I'm simply unable to get the power of a high-voltage packs on the surface although I'm not a beginner...

So far I really like the packs and, more important to me, the price of the packs. Making the packs come all the way from America is some serious $ cheaper than buying them at my LHS.

Conclusion: I would really recommend buying at maxamps.com. Especially if you don't care about stickers and micro-volts that much. For the World Champions on this forum: please spend your money on the expensive and perhaps better other brands.

Gr,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.