Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 12:22 AM
Tech Master

The last car was the OVA, if I'm not mistaken.

All the manufacturers seem to be going for belts these days. Schumacher, Corally, X Ray and Losi have always stayed with them, though in different configurations.

Tamiya have both but it seems that their drivers prefer the belt car most times. Now HPI - Hot Bodies have modified a Pro 4 with twin belt - mid motor too, and I suspect that's the way Yoke will go with this new car. It makes sense.

Twin belt mid motor cars from Tamiya, Corally and now X Ray seem very quick so that has got to be the way to go. It makes alot of sense too with your heaviest items as near the centre of the car as possible.

Anyone remember the old YR4 J type ? Now if we turn the motor mount round so that the motor goes ahead of the spur gear, put bigger pulleys everywhere, and fit it out with SD suspension components, that should be our latest Yoke. What do you think?

As for which is best, that's anyone's guess but manufacturers are there to make money and if they can sell more cars by producing both types and giving us a choice, then I don't see much wrong with that. Especially if it gives results, both in terms of dollars and wins.

Lookslike the TC3 was the first successful shaft drive car and the TC4 will be the last, though we know from Snowbirds that the TC4 is as good as any now.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by eeyan
T4L2... It's made by Ova (exotic r/c company in Japan). Uses a number of Yokomo parts, but the drivetrain itself is designed by Ova... Looks similar to the new cars, huh? And to think that this has been around circa 2000~2002!!!
Hmmm... that looks very much like K-model's Shadow, take A look at the spurgear area!

K-Models (kai) Shadow
Old 02-24-2005, 02:03 AM
Tech Master

Default since you talked about EXOTICS....

i have few cars from NEVERLAND

Old 02-24-2005, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally posted by johnbull
Anyone remember the old YR4 J type ? Now if we turn the motor mount round so that the motor goes ahead of the spur gear, put bigger pulleys everywhere, and fit it out with SD suspension components, that should be our latest Yoke. What do you think?
I'm glad that someone else besides me remembers the Yokomo YR4 Series cars. I used to have the YR4-M2. I think that Ultimate Hobbies sill has some of these YR4 cars.

Since we're going down memory lane, anyone remember Yokomo's Front Wheel Drive car with the unusual rear suspension???
Old 02-24-2005, 05:46 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yep, I remember that Yokomo. Back when Tamiya was trying to push the idea of FWD TCs, that was Yokomo's racing model for that class. It was a truely funky design, from a time when companies didn't mind being a little different.
Old 02-24-2005, 06:56 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Rob Phillips
yokomoninjabelt
I'm sure 1000% this car will run backwards when you hit the throttle
Old 02-24-2005, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Tekin
Hmmm... that looks very much like K-model's Shadow, take A look at the spurgear area!
K-Model(Kai) uses parts from other companies... Kai only makes the carbon fiber pieces and some tidbits. So basically the K-Model is a derivative of the Ova one...
Old 02-24-2005, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

COME ON MONDAY GET HERE ALREADY>>>>>>>>>>I am so tossed right now.....DO I GET THE NEW RIDE OR JUST THE UPGRADE TO THE SD>>>>>>>>hhhhhhmmmmmmm Maybe both....I HOPE THE NEW RIDE IS AFFORDABLE>>>>>>>I AM ABOUT TO SELL MY 1/8TH SCALE FOR A GRADE I WILL HAVE TO SAVE THE $$$$$$$ GOTTA SEE PICS>>>>HEY STEVE HAVE YOU GOT THOSE YOK NINJAS OFF YOUR BACK>>>>>>MONDAY MONDAY WHERE ARE YOU>>>>>LOL<<<<<< Never thought I would be saying that phrase....LOL
I HOPE SOME GOOD FOLKS IN JAPAN HAVE THE PICS POSTED HERE ASAP>>>>>>OH THAT'S RIGHT THEY ARE LIKE 9 HOURS AHEAD OF US ON THE WEST COAST>>>>>>>MAYBE A SNEEK PEAK ON SUNDAY NIGHT>>>>>>>>>NOW I CAN'T WAIT>>>>>
LOL LIKE A KID IN A CANDY STORE>>>>>ANY WORD ON RELEASE DATES>>>>STEVE<<<<YOU KNOW I AM TALKING TO YOU>>>>>
LOL
Take Care All & GOD Bless
Stephen <><
Old 02-24-2005, 08:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm trying man...I'm trying! I know they are going to release the information next Monday, I'm trying to get some pictures by this Friday (no promises) so we can all sleep well over the weekend I'll throw them on here if the ninjas are so kind to share some pre-release photos

Steve Wang
Old 02-24-2005, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by SpeedTech
I'm trying man...I'm trying! I know they are going to release the information next Monday, I'm trying to get some pictures by this Friday (no promises) so we can all sleep well over the weekend I'll throw them on here if the ninjas are so kind to share some pre-release photos

Steve Wang
I am going to Pray those darm Ninjas soften up there hearts and let us mear mortals have a peak.....Hey Steve will you be grabbing up one of these new ones.....
You got me all confused though first its the Rayspeed new conversion, then the SDW conversion and now a whole new car man Steve your killing me.
LOL
Thanks for smoozing the Ninjas for the photo's.
Stephen <><
Old 02-24-2005, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Steve is the Ninja of marketing/promoting/selling/distributing etc etc... Beware grasshopper...
Old 02-24-2005, 09:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

GO STEVE GO!
Old 02-24-2005, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Do your "thang" Steve.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

BAHHHHHHHHH

Cant bloody wait. I had a feeling it was about time yok brought a new car out......

i cant wait but it is not going to look massively different to lets say the 415, FK05 or the HB car......

The SD is a sexy looking car, just put a belt in it!
Old 02-24-2005, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by ttso

Kawada Sigma2

1 belt, motor in center of wheelbase
Looks like a xxx-s with a more advanced motor position......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.