Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by crabboy
Dont know about relying on Martin, hes been very quite of late, maybe hes moving onto another car after hearing no new car until 2010, and Chris moving on.
The BD is still a fair car but you gotta get a bit sick of the same car for about 6 years, anyway thats what i think.

Rhys
Hi Everyone

Just wanted to clear something up before I move on, Yokomo not releasing a car till 2010 is not correct, they are constantly testing and Realise people want a new TC, there is one coming, as for when, well it will be when its ready. Maybe Spring/summer or late 09 or 2010, your guess is a good as mine, so please don't think nothing will come before 2010 as that may not be correct..

This was not my reasons for leaving, had a great run at Yokomo wanted to move on and work with a British Company for a change..

Martin will look after you he is a Top guy

Thank you all

Chris
Old 01-02-2009, 09:38 AM
Tech Adept

many thanks Chris .......and good luck for your new adventure !!!
Old 01-02-2009, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Grainger
Hi Everyone

Just wanted to clear something up before I move on, Yokomo not releasing a car till 2010 is not correct, they are constantly testing and Realise people want a new TC, there is one coming, as for when, well it will be when its ready. Maybe Spring/summer or late 09 or 2010, your guess is a good as mine, so please don't think nothing will come before 2010 as that may not be correct..

This was not my reasons for leaving, had a great run at Yokomo wanted to move on and work with a British Company for a change..

Thank you all

Chris
Chris. Thanks! you have been a great inspiration for all of us Yokomo drivers. I am one of the increasingly rare Yok racing fans here in US and have been pretty successful with the BD. I owe all my setups recently to yours as a start!

Best of Luck at Shumacher and I hope to see a new BD shortly!!!
Old 01-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Grainger
Hi Everyone

Thank you all

Chris

you can get NIB Chris Grainger Ed. kits for $330 shipped USD from the UK
Old 01-03-2009, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Chris, Good Luck with your future ventures with Shumacher,and it was a pleasure to catch you in Thailand. Just stay away from the ants

Does any one have a link or information for a replacement BD top deck thats a bit stronger than the standard one?
Old 01-04-2009, 12:58 AM
Tech Adept

if you are looking for a stronger topdeck i'm developing a new one....you can download CAD model on my blog: http://yokomo-fan.blogspot.com/ later it will be avaible on my blog in limited quantities (i'm looking for a waterjet factory that could cut cf...)

Ciao!
Old 01-04-2009, 01:10 AM
Tech Elite

that is awsome, i love your blog! is the stiffer topdeck available for sale yet? Do you have any 4mm SDW chassis? Do you make a stiffer chassis for the BD?

Will you ship to the US?
Old 01-04-2009, 01:45 AM
Tech Adept

top deck and other small parts are really easy to do (waterjet cutted), chassis requires much more works (CNC milling machine)
....however i'm activating to do some new parts including a stiffer chassis for the BD (3mm thicknes on crest design)....but i'm waiting for my friend new CNC machine is ready to work....

top deck are on the way i'll receive the prototype soon and if all work correctly i think to the end of this month will have some ready....., but i'll make only limited quantities, when will be avaible i can ship worldwide for sure.....

if you know someone with a CNC machine you can do it by yourself , download the cad model on my blog (the model is in "beta" version becouse i still don't have my prototype done)

SDW chassis was an experiment to run foams on carpet, i've done one only chassis sorry, but same here you can download the CAD model.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by capellone24
top deck and other small parts are really easy to do (waterjet cutted), chassis requires much more works (CNC milling machine)
....however i'm activating to do some new parts including a stiffer chassis for the BD (3mm thicknes on crest design)....but i'm waiting for my friend new CNC machine is ready to work....

top deck are on the way i'll receive the prototype soon and if all work correctly i think to the end of this month will have some ready....., but i'll make only limited quantities, when will be avaible i can ship worldwide for sure.....

if you know someone with a CNC machine you can do it by yourself , download the cad model on my blog (the model is in "beta" version becouse i still don't have my prototype done)

SDW chassis was an experiment to run foams on carpet, i've done one only chassis sorry, but same here you can download the CAD model.
good work man... how measure thickness new topdeck
Old 01-04-2009, 06:07 AM
Tech Adept

actually i have only 3mm carbon fiber...later i think to make some 2.6mm for asphalt racing
Old 01-04-2009, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

top deck looks great. I am interested in one when you make them!
Old 01-04-2009, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by capellone24

please keep us updated on the 3mm BD chassis parts, I would like a set for foam tyres.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:01 PM
Tech Adept

ok, but if you are looking firm for a 3mm chassis you can buy from daemon power product in uk .....i've one and it is very good:

http://demonpowerproducts.co.uk/prod...oducts_id=1574

ask them for avaibility.....
Ciao!
Old 01-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

yes I checked that out, they have discontinued that product and is no longer in stock unfortunately.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

capellone24,

I'd be very interested in a thicker top deck when you have them made.

Regards,

Calvin.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.