Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 05:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by VooDooPH
there's a 1deg front-front toe block? kinda got confused... bot a 0.5deg front toe block and thought i'd get a front-front piece. but when i arrived i was a front rear block.
sorry if that came out wrong, i meant the 1 degree steering knuckles. i did read the instructions that said remove a little off the arm but i just put the block on and the arms moved free so i didn't cut them.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turtlemaster
sorry if that came out wrong, i meant the 1 degree steering knuckles. i did read the instructions that said remove a little off the arm but i just put the block on and the arms moved free so i didn't cut them.
Cool I'll have to try the mount, I was avoiding installing it as I didn't have time to start custom fitting stuff.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just gotta BD used yesterday and was wondering how I can get Xray/AE/HPI springs to work on it. I put them on but there was about 11-12 mm ride height and no room for droop setting with rubber tires.

I put the short Yokomo springs on it and it was fine but i was just seeing if there's anything out there to run longer springs.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by R/C Anonymous
Just gotta BD used yesterday and was wondering how I can get Xray/AE/HPI springs to work on it. I put them on but there was about 11-12 mm ride height and no room for droop setting with rubber tires.

I put the short Yokomo springs on it and it was fine but i was just seeing if there's anything out there to run longer springs.
rayspeed spring cups
Old 01-24-2007, 09:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default posting here...

Hey guys, I am running the older belt drive MR-4tc and wondered if the new belts fit the older TC.

I am running on carpet with foams, scary traction for me, as I am used to rubber.. I see a company Team Bomber that has stuff that will work on this car, just wondered if they have a site to see everything they offer? or do you just have to go through retailers?

What is a newer BD going for used? I am the only Yokomo runner at my track, and to be honest until I can get better (need TIME) I dont need a better car.. its me holding me back.. not the car.

Finally does anyone remember any mods on these that you said.. was a MUST have? I see some pics of some mods.. no idea if any will make a significant difference at my level of skill.

James
Old 01-24-2007, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by Bikerbob
Hey guys, I am running the older belt drive MR-4tc and wondered if the new belts fit the older TC.

I am running on carpet with foams, scary traction for me, as I am used to rubber.. I see a company Team Bomber that has stuff that will work on this car, just wondered if they have a site to see everything they offer? or do you just have to go through retailers?

What is a newer BD going for used? I am the only Yokomo runner at my track, and to be honest until I can get better (need TIME) I dont need a better car.. its me holding me back.. not the car.

Finally does anyone remember any mods on these that you said.. was a MUST have? I see some pics of some mods.. no idea if any will make a significant difference at my level of skill.

James
No to the BD will fit mr4tc parts (there be a couple of things that will fit both cars but not what your after )

second hand prices in ££ seen them for less then £100.00 (about $200.00)
on fleabay

dremeling out the ladder type top deck to make it flex more ,that`s about it

i had one of those & the special with narrow chassis
Old 01-25-2007, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default One last question.

ANyone know anything about the Penguin chassis for the MR-4tc?

BD and SD I assume use a chassis that allows for droop screws? Does the upgrade Yokomo chassis or the Penguin chassis allow screws to be used with I guess newer arms?

Thanks for putting up with older car talk guys.

James
Old 01-25-2007, 04:30 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Bob!

These are two MR4-tc Worlds editions I recently sold I ran them on carpet and it worked pretty good. I too was the only one with this car and loved being the odd man out. I still am the only one that runs a yokomo at my track because everyone is chasing the car hype (corally and xray 007). Keep to your guns and drive your car until you realize that its the car keeping you back and not your skills and then upgrade. All I can suggest is to figure out the rollout for the track, and what tire compound every one is using and run some stiff springs in the front and the rest is on you. The Chassis itself is pretty stiff and should work well on carpet! Remember Do you, because its like a R/C fashion show at the tracks these days everyones checking out the others pits to see what he or she has, Just drive your car.

Last edited by Wayne1one; 02-09-2007 at 11:51 AM.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Any rumors of a new BD car? Im really liking this used BD i got.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Zacharopoulos
That's actually not the way i do it when racing with 5 cells but i will post pictures later , after installing my new magnesium screws!!!

anyone know where i can find TIR cvd??
try www.teamalmighty.co.uk
Old 01-26-2007, 06:04 AM
Tech Regular

thanks man!!
Old 01-26-2007, 11:24 AM
Tech Regular

At the first pic is my car , before installing the new screws!!
At the second pic , the total weight of the new magnesium screws
At the third pic the total weight of the screws ( most of them titanium) and servo mounts i removed
At the fourth the total weight after installing the screws including premounted LRP VTEC 30R tires
and at last the total weight of my car after installing magnesium screws , without tires!!
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR4TC-BD-dscf0440.jpg   Yokomo MR4TC-BD-dscf0441.jpg   Yokomo MR4TC-BD-dscf0445.jpg   Yokomo MR4TC-BD-dscf0452.jpg   Yokomo MR4TC-BD-dscf0456.jpg  

Old 01-26-2007, 11:27 AM
Tech Regular

The only mods i am going to make are :
1. changing the front TIR spool with a handmade spool ( lighter and more durable than TIR) that a friend of John Doucakis ( who is my friend) will make for me!!
2. TIR cvd's at the front!!

and here are some more pics of my car , with Team orion Brushless system!!
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR4TC-BD-dscf0455.jpg   Yokomo MR4TC-BD-dscf0454.jpg  
Old 01-27-2007, 12:34 AM
Tech Master

nice car but

change the steeringnuckels to sd-415S, the ones you use are total crap.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Where did you get the Orion brushless system from? Its out on sale already? where can I buy one?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.