Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 03:00 AM
Tech Regular

pasali sa TAOB!
Old 02-23-2005, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

From Rczone.net already announce that yokomo going to develope a belt drive electric 1/10 kits and i will not replace SD series i think they should run two type of kits. the more detail they will announce at coming monday
Old 02-23-2005, 11:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here is some info I collected so far:

from http://www.rcmx.net/

ヨコモ新ベルトドライブEPツーリング カー
ヨコモã?•ã‚“ã?«å•?ã?„å?ˆã‚?ã?›ã?Ÿã?¨ã?“ã‚?ã€?æ– °ã?—ã?„ベルトドライブツーリングカーã ?Œ28æ—¥ã?«ç™ºè¡¨ã?•ã‚Œã‚‹ã‚ˆã?†ã?§ã?™ã€‚ç?¾åœ¨æœ€ç µ‚テスト丟ã?§ã€?ç”»åƒ?&詳細ã?¯2月28日( 月)ã?¨ã?®ã?“ã?¨ã?§ã?—ã?Ÿã€‚期待ã?§ã?™ã?Ÿï¼?ï¼ ?
(basically it said Yokomo new belt's detail and photo will be release on Feb28. plz use UNICODE encode to read if you saw garbage code)

from http://www.rczone.net/
( http://www.rczone.net/modules.php?na...rder=0&thold=0 )

The Yokomo belt car is currently undergoing final testing in Japan and official information and pictures will be released next Monday, February 28th.

The prototype has been tested by Yokomo in Japan for some time and it appears that testing has now proceeded far enough to decide the final specs of the car. No firm release date is yet known but will be announced next Monday.

The new belt drive TC will not replace the SD series of shaft drive cars, instead both cars will be developed and supported simultaneously. Even though the SD series has been quite successful in Japan, Yokomo have decided to go ahead and design a belt drive car as well since there is a market for both types of cars. Some drivers simply prefer the belt drive cars while other prefer the shaft drive cars and Yokomo want to offer a car for each kind.
Not much information about the belt drive car has leaked out from Yokomo yet but it is believed it will use the same suspension as the SD series of cars. The car will also be of a similar high spec as the SDW cars, i.e. very well equipped with a lot of option parts included.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Also, for photos of SDW, go to http://www.yokomousa.com/kits/mr4tc_sd/sdw/mrtc-sdw.htm

Old 02-23-2005, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

what website will have pictures and new info about yokomos new belt car come Feb 28?
Old 02-23-2005, 11:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by FW05R
what website will have pictures and new info about yokomos new belt car come Feb 28?
I check over yokomo.co.jp and they have a redirect page on front right now. I guess that will be replaced by new belt page on Feb28. We will see soon.

Magazine, must be latest issue of RC-World (JP one).
Old 02-23-2005, 11:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by B&O
Maybe they will improve on the SP or YRX series..............

Maybe they will use the bulkhead from SD.................(I think)
I dont think new belt will using bulkhead of SDW (limited production one). The new bulkhead showed in TITC already be one-piece bulkhead with upper-case removeable for easier diff change. That means the shaft-face are now blocked in new SD2 (lets say it's SD2, easier to identify which car we talking about) bulkhead. So most likly new belt will have its own bulkhead.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by ttso
I check over yokomo.co.jp and they have a redirect page on front right now. I guess that will be replaced by new belt page on Feb28. We will see soon.

Magazine, must be latest issue of RC-World (JP one).
thx alot man your always helpful and informative
Old 02-23-2005, 01:25 PM
Tech Rookie

i dont why yokomo is making a belt car , when the shaft proved itself in the Worlds, and dominating the jmrca nationals. i think they are taking advantage of the demand to make more revenue. yokomo is not alone in this idea, i think hpi is doing the same thing
Old 02-23-2005, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm sure all the r/c companies are in it for the money. Yokomo never said the the belt was better that the shaft drive, but was developed for poeple who preffer belt driven cars. I cant wait to see the pics on this car.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by jwf_frani
I'm sure all the r/c companies are in it for the money. Yokomo never said the the belt was better that the shaft drive, but was developed for poeple who preffer belt driven cars. I cant wait to see the pics on this car.
i'm glad someone see's it like i do, Yokomo will not say anything regardless, its all business.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:47 PM
Tech Adept

Hmmm..........

Another 415 clone?

If I get down the betting shop quick I might be able to make some money on that one

//Stu
Old 02-23-2005, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Actually Yokomo had that belt layout long before the 415... know your history dude.. The MR4 series came out around '98....

I'm glad Yokomo is offering a belt design once again.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by jwf_frani
well said der into business and hobby..
Old 02-23-2005, 04:24 PM
Tech Addict

is this the new car?!
It also has 2 belts an has the same layout....

(I just couldn't resist )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.