Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by kmorast
It's probably time to let that poor guy off the hook who went out and bought an RDX. I really like the RDX but it makes more sense for me to purchase the BD since I have spare parts already. I just hope it lives up to the hype we've been giving it. Spending $400+ on a touring car is a big decision, one I don't want to be disappointed in. The RDX has proven itself, the BD has not proven itself yet. In fact, beyond a few comments here and there from Matt Howard about how Masami feels about the car we have nothing. It's hard to tell how good it corners or accelerates from a few photos. I'm going on my experience with yokomo's, there built great and are capable of winning races; the BD should not be an exception to that rule. I bet when it does finally hit the shelves it will be like all new touring cars; better than everything else. When the newness wears off; a new faster car will come along and everybody will go buy it.
well i have a feeling that if the car wasn't better, it wouldn't be released. but its my understanding from yok usa that this car was designed for mod. if your running stock or 19t they recommend the shaft.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Turtlemaster
well i have a feeling that if the car wasn't better, it wouldn't be released. but its my understanding from yok usa that this car was designed for mod. if your running stock or 19t they recommend the shaft.
I wonder why they would say it was designed for mod. The belted cars are winning races all the time. I really do not see any advantage or disadvantage to the shaft.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by kmorast
I wonder why they would say it was designed for mod. The belted cars are winning races all the time. I really do not see any advantage or disadvantage to the shaft.
So they can sell both....I wouldn't tell anyone that the shaft car is no good or that it doesn;t have its place...Man they want to sell both not just one. I will have both by the end of this month and will let you know how each drives well at least for me.
Later,
Stephen <><
Old 03-21-2005, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

with the yok shaft drive there are "issues" going thru switch backs while using a mod motor, the belt car takes care of these issues, believe it has to do with torque steer. i'm not saying the belt car won't be a good stock motor car. in fact when talking with masami he says it is easier to drive then the shaft car in mod so i would imagine it would be a breeze in stock

and if it was just about selling cars, the worlds car would not have been a limited edition car.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Turtlemaster
with the yok shaft drive there are "issues" going thru switch backs while using a mod motor, the belt car takes care of these issues, believe it has to do with torque steer. i'm not saying the belt car won't be a good stock motor car. in fact when talking with masami he says it is easier to drive then the shaft car in mod so i would imagine it would be a breeze in stock

and if it was just about selling cars, the worlds car would not have been a limited edition car.
Indeed but they still want people to hav3e a choice between belt and shaft so they can have both of the market share. I mean if someone is a shaft drive loyalist....(I use to be) they have the chioce of the SD and if there is a belt drive loyalist there will be a car for them to buy also...It just helps them either way...But be on the look out for the SDW conversion kit though....so the Yes the SDW limited will be a scosh off from the conversion but the conversion will bring the SD up to todays standards I believe...Heck I will drive both and which ever one is better will be the one I drive more often but then again if it is a tight (high corner count) Track I still can bust out the SD and take care of business cause in my opinion a shaft car is better for those kinds of tracks. Just my two pennies. And yes I bet the BD will bring good results in stock and 19T as well just giving everyone a good choice.....
Stephen <><
Old 03-21-2005, 06:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Shaft car like SD will experience the torque steer in Mod....
no question ask.... it will either pull left or right
depends on your setup. (my pulls to the left)
in stock, the torque steer is less but sometimes you can feel it.
just gun the trigger all the way from stop to full speed.

haven't really own a belt drive car yet, at least for myself.
so i can't really tell how it handles...
Old 03-21-2005, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by aoizip
Shaft car like SD will experience the torque steer in Mod....
no question ask.... it will either pull left or right
depends on your setup. (my pulls to the left)
in stock, the torque steer is less but sometimes you can feel it.
just gun the trigger all the way from stop to full speed.

haven't really own a belt drive car yet, at least for myself.
so i can't really tell how it handles...
Your going to be very happy is all I will say.
Stephen <><
I Hope Steve Wang can get us in to help put together some kits when Yokomo USA gets the big shipment....LOL Yea Right they might let Steve go in and put them together but I dought they would let Joe Shemo (thats me) in. But if they do I would pleasantly suprised. HINT HINT Steve...LOL
Stephen <><
Old 03-21-2005, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Default A Rayspeed question.....

I'll be getting A Rayspeed conversion soon for my CGM...

(only reason being I think a flat chassis will be easier to clean AND add weight to than the CGM with it's catch everything molding holes lol)...

anyway what I'm wondering is does (or should I expect it to) this chassis handle any differently if I use exactly the same setup as I use on my CGM including the shocktowers and steering?

This question brought to you by the BD thread because the SD thread has fallen way down.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: A Rayspeed question.....

Originally posted by Mabuchi540
I'll be getting A Rayspeed conversion soon for my CGM...

(only reason being I think a flat chassis will be easier to clean AND add weight to than the CGM with it's catch everything molding holes lol)...

anyway what I'm wondering is does (or should I expect it to) this chassis handle any differently if I use exactly the same setup as I use on my CGM including the shocktowers and steering?

This question brought to you by the BD thread because the SD thread has fallen way down.
First your lazy....Just like me...LOL
The Rayspeed is really a different monster than the CGM. The Rayspeed is a Asphalt Killa/////the CGM is more for Stiff chassis racing as the Rayspeed is a lttle lest stiff but stll rigid. I suggest if you ge the whole conversion (which by the way is awsome) yoou need only try the recommended setup and work with very little incriments as that setup works wonders just about everywhere.
Hope this helps..
Oh since you posted here you have to go and buy one now....
that is the rules right guys....
Stephen <><
Old 03-21-2005, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: A Rayspeed question.....

Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
First your lazy....Just like me...LOL
The Rayspeed is really a different monster than the CGM. The Rayspeed is a Asphalt Killa/////the CGM is more for Stiff chassis racing as the Rayspeed is a lttle lest stiff but stll rigid. I suggest if you ge the whole conversion (which by the way is awsome) yoou need only try the recommended setup and work with very little incriments as that setup works wonders just about everywhere.
Hope this helps..
Oh since you posted here you have to go and buy one now....
that is the rules right guys....
Stephen <><

I had a look at the recommended setup by downloading the instructions but I don't know how I'm going to get the shocks the lengths they suggest using stock shock parts?

As for having to buy one now, who says I wasn't thinking that anyway.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

The Rayspeed setup was originally designed for the longer SS shock bodies - there are now some Rayspeed shock towers available as options for the standard SSS bodies. I think people have managed to get by by using the long shock ends though.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Originally posted by sosidge
The Rayspeed setup was originally designed for the longer SS shock bodies - there are now some Rayspeed shock towers available as options for the standard SSS bodies. I think people have managed to get by by using the long shock ends though.
Thanks for the info .... I'll look into that otherwise I'll probably end up using the kit graphite ones.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Paul,

I sent you a reply, but I'm not sure if you got it. I've lost track of where we are on this? right now I don't have any billing information on your order (CC info) we can take care of that by:

1 - go through the pre-order process again so we can obtain the CC number securely

2- if you wish to pay by other methods like paypal, then we can settle that once the car kit arrives.

I'm not sure if I answered your question

Steve Wang

I will probably be paying by paypal,(90%sure)
if i end up paying by CC i have ordered off of you before and i sent a copy of passport and credit card.. will this need to be done again?
Old 03-21-2005, 03:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mabuchi540:

you can try using the longer shock end to acheive the shock
distance/travel you wanted.(that is how i did it)
also get the rayspeed spring cup holder and the rayspeed or ae spring.
as they are longer and offer more tunning.

The chassis on rayspeed is a lot stiffer then regular SG but
won't be as stiff and tweak free as CGM.
which means you well get more taction on the asphate track
as it has more roll.... (sorry.. i'm still a noob. matt or pop can explain better)
it is also a lot lighter then the cgm... by... 1000gram..
i'm not really sure as i don't have a grammeter at home.

if you can wait for another month or so. the SDW conversion
is coming out... get that as it offer most up to date stuff....

unless you want to be as anxl as me like to run plate car..
buy 1 extra top deck for the rayspeed and double stack it
and run it on the crapet. to me.. it is stiff enough....

try the SD forum... as there are more info their...

~Ming

btw... get your lazy butt to the SD forum!!

Last edited by aoizip; 03-21-2005 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by pheyhoe
I will probably be paying by paypal,(90%sure)
if i end up paying by CC i have ordered off of you before and i sent a copy of passport and credit card.. will this need to be done again?
HI Paul,

No problem, you will not need to send those documents again.

Thanks for replying

Steve Wang

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.