Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2005 International Indoor Championships @ Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Yeti35
I'm not even looking for a discount, just wanted to know how much. Boomer, I think I owe you a drink for this mess!!
a drink !! how bout a pitcher of long island ice tea
Old 09-07-2005, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
I'm not even looking for a discount, just wanted to know how much. Boomer, I think I owe you a drink for this mess!!
LOL Stop by and introduce yourself. I will be working check in for a while on Tuesday. Unless i am stuck at the poker table.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big Daddy Boomer
OH MY!

What a fire storm. I will see what we can do to accomodate everyone.

Just so I understand.........

All the guys that want to use a credit card for tire purchases would not mind paying the surcharge that the credit card company charges us for that luxury?

Or will that cause a WHOLE NEW fire storm?

Let me make some calls while i am at work tomorrow and see what i can do.

Boomer
Boomer, I don't want to put you guys through more work than you're already doing. My only gripe is that notice would have been nice. That's all. I know I'd be able to figure out a way to pay for this stuff. And it's not about how much it costs. I just assumed that it'd be like every other major race I've been to with a on-site shop where handouts were bought there. I guess I shouldn't have assumed. It just seems like a detail like this is something that should have been mentioned quite some time ago.

Thanks for all the work all of you guys are doing to put this race on.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big Daddy Boomer
LOL Stop by and introduce yourself. I will be working check in for a while on Tuesday. Unless i am stuck at the poker table.
It will not be too hard to figure out who I am. They only one from West Valley City, UT. I'm one of four, well was supposed to be four, from UT. You have any idea if Dan Wendt is still coming? We have not heard anything from him in awhile. I see he is still listed in stock rubber, but no idea if he is even planning to attend.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:37 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by howard hudson
it was posted months ago that the rubber classes were going to be a spec tire. Just like any other race that holds a race with a spec tire you have to buy them from the race event. Now you can practice with any tires cs27s you bring but cant tech them or race with them. Thats just the way it is deal with it.
Whats there to deal with, you didn't state anything I didn't already know.
I guess all the other 399 people attending have been to a spec tire event, I haven't, forgive me for asking questions.

My point is I could use a credit card, I Had intended on buying all the tires at the Event, practice tires and all, but without the ability to use a cradit card it limits the amount I can buy

like stated before get a cash advance on your cc card or another alternative is start picking up aluminum cans sorry could not resist that one
Credit card companies charge much higher interest on cash advances then product purchases.

I also don't appreciate being talk down to like a child.

If they would of included 1 set of tires with entry, I would of at least had 2 sets paid for back in April.

Does it make any sense to say this is how much your entry is, annouce a spec tire that can only be purchased at the event, and not have the option to at least pay for 1 set when I sent my entry in.

I have spent good deal of money preparing for this event, I am over what I can afford already, I appreciate the corospondance with the organizers and I'm not about to drop out and demand my money back because of how Hard I know they have worked to get this event together.

I would be a fool not to expect some hicups here and there, whatever they do is fine with me, I'll be there, life will go on.

If this race is a huge sucess, which I'm sure it will be, it will probably only be run better and better each year, Just like the reedy race.

All I want to know at this point is the actual price of the tires?
Old 09-07-2005, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

OK guys give at least until the morning to tend to this.

No need to state your point any better than you have. Your concerns have been heard.

I am limited to what i can do at 1am.

At least give me till the morning.

Now where did i put those sleeping pills.
Boomer
Old 09-07-2005, 10:53 PM
Tech Addict

now for the important question.

we can smoke in the pits right?
Old 09-07-2005, 11:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TCR
Wait a second,
what if I want PB & J sandwhiches all week, am I forced to only eat them in my Hotel room?
Well, that realy sound like a boring menue for a whole week. Canīt be healthy either...

A racer needīs to be SHARP!
Old 09-07-2005, 11:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JohnMatrix

Your car can...but, you can't
Old 09-07-2005, 11:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JohnMatrix

That is not an important question in my opinion!!
Old 09-08-2005, 04:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Boomer, what's the lighting like in the ballroom? May have to rearrange items to make the 50 lb limit in my bags & wondered if a pit light is neccesary. Thanks for all your guys work. R.W.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rick Worth
Hey Boomer, what's the lighting like in the ballroom? May have to rearrange items to make the 50 lb limit in my bags & wondered if a pit light is neccesary. Thanks for all your guys work. R.W.
It seemed pretty good. I could take a picture without a flash and it turned out ok.

Just depends on if you like your pit blinding bright or not. If worse comes to worse I am sure you can find one out there if you need one.

Here is a sample.

Last edited by Big Daddy Boomer; 09-14-2008 at 05:51 PM.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 403forbidden
I am 99% sure that what you are proposing is a violation of cc merchant account terms (charging customers an extra fee to use a CC)

Why not use a Paypal account?

I am sure people could pay for tires with a CC from their laptop, then print out the receipt and pick up the tires.
Paypal charges the seller a fee as well.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TCR
I also don't appreciate being talk down to like a child.
DUDE !!! it was a joke! just trying to lighten up the drama. If you cant understand that ...... then you must be a child. If you want to take this any further PM me we can have a lil chat. Kiddo
Old 09-08-2005, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by howard hudson
DUDE !!! it was a joke! just trying to lighten up the drama. If you cant understand that ...... then you must be a child. If you want to take this any further PM me we can have a lil chat. Kiddo
...dude ...13 days to go, we're all sportin' our "game on" attitude ...no more fun and games, it's all serious from this point forward!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.