Search

2005 International Indoor Championships @ Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Arrow TC3!

Originally Posted by STLNLST
are you talking about stock rubber??? If so he isn't TQ in that class.
nope. stock foam. the class of choice up here in cleveland. i run with jimmy weekly and he has one of the best stock sedans we have ever known.

it is great to see him doing nationally, what we've seen him do locally quite frequently.

good luck herrmannski! keep up the good work. The Gate will be watching you tomorrow from the track!!!
Old 09-24-2005, 10:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Where can everyone of us common people buy the "OLD" C1 arms at??Nobody that I know of has had any C1's for sale in what in several years.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BullFrog
Where can everyone of us common people buy the "OLD" C1 arms at??Nobody that I know of has had any C1's for sale in what in several years.
DC will wind a D3 blank Outlaw 19T arm (same arm as C1/C2) any way you like

Pattern wound, smaller gauge wire , Hemi or Cross...what would you like...lol!
Old 09-24-2005, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chad Phillips
all we had instock at the shop were chameleon 2 motors "crosswrap" and hemi arms.. i just put hemi arms in a crosswrap can. we still sale both hemi and crosswrap arms, i was not cheating but they think i did. what can i do. C1 and C2 hemi arms are the same. i see cheating at using 18 turns or handwound arms or another manufactures arm in a different can cheating. Bobby did not deserve what happened to him. rules just said Chameleon 2.. it didnt say it had to be hemi or crosswrap.. both are legal. oh on chameleon one's we dont sell them anymore nor have we had them instock. so what can i do.. anyway i will anwser your questions best i can.. ask away...
From TechTalk
Old 09-24-2005, 10:12 AM
Tech Champion

Hemi or crosswrapped? I like Hemi's- I'll take my Dodge in Green please. Which version are we racing in two weeks?
Old 09-24-2005, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

hot off the press! both motors were "borrowed" from rafs pit box? not sure what all that means?

no point arguing over this...they got dq'd they were found to be breaking the rules set up by the race promoter. cover this with chocolate syrup if you like...it still tastes like shizznit!
Old 09-24-2005, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default Don't blame Alex or Bobby

WOW!!!!! I wake up to this. Let me start by saying that calling/labeling Alex or Bobby cheaters is wrong and make you sound like an a$$hole. Now did Chad screw up? Maybe, but I agree with Eddie O on the fact that the rules on 19 turns at this race are not exactly clear.

On a personal note I've know Alex Lopez since he was 12 longer than anyone here, and trust me he would never knowingly cheat. All he did was pick up a motor from his motor guy and bolt it in. Same thing anyone else would do, and Bobby did the same thing.

As far as the C1's being faster in my experience they run much stronger than the crossrapped C2's. Especially Zapped to advance the timing

Tha last thing I want to get off my chest is why didn't they do hand-out motors at this race??? They did hand-out tires for the rubber classes. Oh and NO open practice???? don't get me started on that.

Roly
Old 09-24-2005, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

[QUOTE=EddieO]AdrianM, I am well aware of the benefits of hemi winding.....the point I was making is that they could of just ran a c2 hemi wound arm....100% legal and the same benefit. The c1 has no comm lock, which does make it tweakable. I would hope the tech guys are able to spot an obivious cheat. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to measure the comm slots to see if the yare you are more than 2 degrees advance (allowed as a tolerance under the rules).

They could have run a c2 hemi----but they didn't

the c1 has no com lock---these motors have no com lock

yes eddie the tech guys can spot an obivious cheat---a c1 arm in a c2 can

no excueses they got caught cheating
Old 09-24-2005, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

I think the IIC tech really dropped the ball on this issue

From what I gather the motors were 100% legal except for the fact that the magnets in the can were just backwards so the drivers had to wire the motors backwards. (Chad -the motor guy- said they were C2 arms)

So basically, If I went to the race and had an "old" C2 can with a "new" C2 arm and ran it I'd be DQ'ed. Thats pretty lame. If I paid my hard-earned $$ to run this race along with the $$ for transportation and rooming, I'd probably take legal action against the smucks who DQ'd me!

These are just my personal opinions...if you dissagree then reply in a mature matter
Old 09-24-2005, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

PaintingRoly;
Maybe you should shell out $60,000 and 100's of man hours and have your own race!!

And the rules were clear---you could run 3 kinds of motors the part numbers were listed. I don't remember seeing a part number for a c2 can with a 3 year old c1 arm
Old 09-24-2005, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BlackKat
I think the IIC tech really dropped the ball on this issue

From what I gather the motors were 100% legal except for the fact that the magnets in the can were just backwards so the drivers had to wire the motors backwards. (Chad -the motor guy- said they were C2 arms)

So basically, If I went to the race and had an "old" C2 can with a "new" C2 arm and ran it I'd be DQ'ed. Thats pretty lame. If I paid my hard-earned $$ to run this race along with the $$ for transportation and rooming, I'd probably take legal action against the smucks who DQ'd me!

These are just my personal opinions...if you dissagree then reply in a mature matter

these arms were c1 arms =no com lock
early c2 arms were hemi wound with com locks
Old 09-24-2005, 10:53 AM
Tech Adept

What car is Hara running?
Old 09-24-2005, 10:54 AM
Tech Champion

"If I paid" we didn't so were all just reading the stuff like you.I've seen the big teams just hand out motors to there racers and they just install them into the cars. At the end of each heat they turn them in and they are redone. Now saying that if your told to wire it differently shouldn't that ring a bell? But then I wasn't there- Just reading the news.....
Old 09-24-2005, 11:02 AM
JKA
Tech Master

I'd probably take legal action against the smucks who DQ'd me!
...if you dissagree then reply in a mature matter
I just found that funny. Right or wrong. lol
Old 09-24-2005, 11:34 AM
Tech Regular

I guess i dont understand chad's defense.

Say stock was a bring your own motor class.
that is like using a Monster can but since they were out of monsters arms decided to use an epic roar stock arm in it. anyway you look at it, it's a Hybrid motor, even if its manuf by the same company.

Agree?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.