Wiki Posts
Search

Chicago area rc drifters

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 09:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Chicago area rc drifters

Whats up fellow rc drifters. Me and a friend have been working hard on building up rc drifting in the midwest. It's very big overseas and also Cali but just hasn't taken off here. I think it just needs more exposure. We started a rc drift club in the area and are looking for members. We have many get togethers, shoot videos, and attend competitions sponsored by nos energy drinks. If anyone wants to come check it out please reply. Were about an hour west of Chicago. There's also a club in Chicago called Midwest slidewayz if your closer to that area. We try to get up with when we can because they have a large group of people that meet regularly. Also check out us on YouTube Midwest Drifterz
Old 05-21-2012, 09:41 PM
Tech Regular

How far west?

I'm in West Chicago and work in St. Charles at the HobbyTown. Got a TC3 RTR (second hand freebie!) that is slowly being converted into a drifter as well as a Traxxas 1/16 "Ralliestangdra" that is currently powered by a 1/10 VXL System.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:29 AM
Tech Regular

Default Chicago drifting

I live in the Ottawa area. Me and a friend out here drift together every other weekend. There's a drift club called Midwest slidewayz from chicago. The have regular sessions and hold competitions once in awhile. There's actually a get together planned for this sat 9pm to 2am in st Charles. If you wanna check it out let me know and we could meet up out there. Iam new to there group but they welcome any fellow drifters.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Badcompny44
I live in the Ottawa area. Me and a friend out here drift together every other weekend. There's a drift club called Midwest slidewayz from chicago. The have regular sessions and hold competitions once in awhile. There's actually a get together planned for this sat 9pm to 2am in st Charles. If you wanna check it out let me know and we could meet up out there. Iam new to there group but they welcome any fellow drifters.
I'll have to check it out then, where in St. Charles is the get together at?
Old 05-22-2012, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

Default St Charles meet

I don't know st Charles at all but I guess there's a parking garage behind wok n fire restaurant it's on the fourth level come check it out if you want to get into rc drifting these guys can help the know a lot and have drift sessions like twice a week but I only go every other week or so because it's an hour and half drive so far there's going to be five of us and there's a few maybes. I'll let you know a more accurate head count Friday
Old 05-24-2012, 10:28 PM
Tech Regular

Default St Charles sat night drift

So far there's gonna be about 6 of us out there
Old 05-25-2012, 12:25 AM
Tech Regular

Did you find out where it's going to be?

BTW, Here's what I've got so far.

Last edited by BJoe; 05-25-2012 at 01:51 AM.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:48 AM
Tech Regular

Looks good were having a competition this Sunday at Ill garage in addision Sunday. It's a five round series and this is round 4 so you can't win the whole thing but you can come and be in it for fun. It's sponsored by nos energy you should check it out let me know I joined in late to I just go to have fun
Old 05-29-2012, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

Damn, I'm working all this weekend!
Old 05-29-2012, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BJoe
Damn, I'm working all this weekend!
damn jobs nothing but work!
Old 05-29-2012, 04:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Westcoast bump... and how did you get NOS drink sponsorship for your meets? Trying to grow the Seattle scene, and local hobby shops are deaf, dumb and blind when it comes to RC drifting.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

Default Nos sponsors

I know how it is with the local hobby shops there the same way out here. I'm in the same boat trying to grow the local scene. I think if you contact nos though fb or something and if you have enough people they'll be up for it I can find out more for ya we do have this comp out here but that's it and the competition is pretty weak. I wish there were better people rather than more people
Old 05-30-2012, 10:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Badcompny44
Looks good were having a competition this Sunday at Ill garage in addision Sunday. It's a five round series and this is round 4 so you can't win the whole thing but you can come and be in it for fun. It's sponsored by nos energy you should check it out let me know I joined in late to I just go to have fun
What time on Sunday?
Old 06-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Tech Regular

Default Nos drift event

12 - 5 at Ill garge in Addison il
Old 06-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Tech Regular

Damn, we're open 11-5 sunday.......well, maybe next time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.