Wiki Posts
Search

Intellect Battery hesitent ...

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 12:54 PM
Tech Addict

Default Intellect Battery hesitent ...

Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry to start another pointless thread, but I was just wondering if the Intellect IP 70C 6800mah batteries were any good ?

http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....ducts_id=12746
The link is above, and they seem to be quite low priced, and hich C rate with sufficient capacity, but I wanted to know if I should go ahead and get them, if anyone had previous experience to share, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Old 04-24-2012, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

Maybe the newer packs are okay... but almost every Intellect pack I've owned has randomly puffed at some point. I've had six, four puffed. We were early lipo adopters, they were always charged/stored properly.. and puff. Never had issues with the other three brands we've run before or after the Intellect. Your mileage may vary... good luck.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have had 4 Intellects, only 5000 50C's... I have persisted with them, but one puffed and another, the casing shattered on a not so hard hit...
Old 04-24-2012, 10:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Can you still use them once they have puffed? I accidently left my pack plugged in and my motor fan is hardwired. Managed to recover the pack but it is slightly puffed now..

Should i throw it or will it be ok?
Old 04-24-2012, 11:04 PM
Tech Master

Throw away a puffed pack..well put in a salt solution and that neautralises it so it can be thrown away safely.

I have had nothing but success with IP lipos and own several of the hardcase 5000 packs..red writing ones with the lumps on the bottom and they just keep on going and have used in SC truck, 8th scale truggy, TC and F1..have recently got a few of the 5600mah ones with the blue writing and expect them to be equally as good.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:02 AM
Tech Master

Been using Intellect packs now for the past 2 years, 40C upto 60C, no issues whatsoever.

Balance charge every run on a decent charger that's actually calibrated correctly (Bantam), charge at 1C, store half charged, and don't charge while the Lipos are still hot, and you'll be fine.