Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tosolini vs. Me

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 08:25 AM
Tech Adept

lol

i wouldn't wish that faith on anyone, lol...
Old 02-02-2005, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Evicerator
GRAVE DIGGER!!!!

whats that mean.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by speedxl

whats that mean.
dude thats from scuba steve just flow with it
Old 02-02-2005, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Please note that the name of the the track in question is Socal R/C Raceway not Socal Drift Circus. This place is known for having some of the best traction for rubber on asphault anywhere. People go there to go fast. Also, a lot of time and effort is spent preparing a mod car for that track and things can and usually do go wrong very quickly there without the help of other classes of cars on track. Ever try to practice on a Saturday Slay Fest? Guys running mod, 19T, stock, pan car, mini, micro all on the same track. It is ugly :

My point is.....errrrr I guess don't really have a point. But if you have an issue with another driver, you should speak with them directly to resolve things, not publically blast them.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:34 AM
Tech Adept

Default gravedigger

imagine a novice (middle age)

-money to burn, buys the latest everything / including alumi suspension arms.
-still learn to drive
-doesnt understand setups
-pits alone
-friends are imbarassed to be seen with him
-runs all the classes expert drivers do
-and sometimes runns a monster truck body on an on-road

lol
Old 02-02-2005, 08:36 AM
SRS
Tech Rookie

so-cal CERTIFIED intermediate!! Thanks for sending him our way scuba! LOL
Old 02-02-2005, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: gravedigger

Originally posted by rovic
imagine a novice (middle age)

-money to burn, buys the latest everything / including alumi suspension arms.
-still learn to drive
-doesnt understand setups
-pits alone
-friends are imbarassed to be seen with him
-runs all the classes expert drivers do
-and sometimes runns a monster truck body on an on-road

lol
whoa whoa whoa!!!

I agree novice drivers no matter what age dont know crap but with out the novice drivers comming into this Hobby laying down thousand's of dollar's to get started we would not have this hobby. WE! were all novices at one time . for me it was back in the stone age
Old 02-02-2005, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The nerve of him to hit another car on the track! Get a freekin life its hard enough to run with cars that get out of the groove let alone do it on purpose. Drifting with rc cars is freeking stupid period.
Tech Elite

Originally posted by howard hudson
dude thats from scuba steve just flow with it
I know it wasnt for me just didnt get the flow!
SA
Tech Rookie

Guys and RC lovers!

Relax. Take a deep breath. I have never met Chris before the Worlds. We practiced at Tampa. Masami, Mark Reinard, etc practiced there. We had a 14 year old that gave Chris a hard time around the track. He approached us and helped Michael Gibson.

I agree, the first time I saw him, I thought to myself – attitude man. He surprised us all. One of the SA drivers knew him and introduced us. I am sure he does even remember this, but the fact that he helped Michael, impressed me.

In SA we have a class where the guys run a Johnson 540 motor. I am running mods. This one clown tried to keep the mod guys behind him during practice. I have never done it before, but after the fourth time, I slammed the clown into the wall. Everyone thanked me, after this. Guys, we all love RC. BUT, when you are there to deliver, you have to deliver!

If I read the post correctly. Chris was there to do his job. Chicken shi> played. Get of the track if you have to. If there are 12 drivers on the stand, stay away or wait. A Main has 10 drivers, live with it!
Old 02-02-2005, 08:49 AM
Tech Adept

Wow,I can't not say anything..TOSO is my friend...
we will start at the beginning...It's a normal day of socal practice
Meaning,if i get one clean lap in a five minute run i'm doing good.
The drifters are out there once every hour or so,so it's cool.
They respect us,we respect them.They are having fun"that's what it's all about"..It may have seemed intentional when CT hit the guy
but i assure you it was not..It was mid straightaway full speed
I can't even see my car on the straight at socal it's going so fast
let alone see what im about to hit...LOL...anyway.I dont know what was said on the drivers stand,but it must not have been that bad because nothing happened"that day"..
I don't think that anyone has a problem with drifters,It's the tires they run..I went over and talked to them a few days later,they were cool.I explained to them that there tires were leaving residue
on the track,and on the day in question about 10 guys "everyday locals" packed up and left,because the track was crap..
It's all about fun,,If 3 guys have fun but make 30 go home?????
Hmm.. They seemed cool about it,I told them i would buy them tires if they needed..It was all good till this..When i say it makes the track loose.."it's bad" Ask Baker
He won't even come down there....LOL

In closing, im sure we can come up with a way to make everone happy,,The drifters have fun and that's what it's all about..

1- All it takes is a tire change.
2-You cant run snow tires on the offroad track...why??
3-You would think at a track like socal,they would have practice sessions, would'nt be that hard.Sure make things alot easier..

Can't we all just get along............L8.....fortheloveofthegame
Old 02-02-2005, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I didn't read the whole thread, but if you drifters keep this bitching up your probably going to get banned, A track is built to race on, practice nights are to practice for a race if there is no racing drifting class there is no purpose to practice for racing so you have no need to be on the racing track.

On the other hand maybe Socal should have a set aside time for drifters to do their thing, I don't get this drifting thing, I want to get around the track as fast as possible and drifting isn't it. But hey whatever makes ya happy. But if somebody is out drifting while I'm trying to practice for a race chances are your gonna get hit, I can't predict what a drifting car is gonna do and I'm out there trying to turn the fastest laps possible.

Moral of the story.... Drifting and racing don't mix
Old 02-02-2005, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Com'on guys, I can't believe some so called themselves racers would flame a guy like that. We were all novice once, remember? None of us were born a Masami! At the end of the day, this is a hobby. I'm sure every single one of us was taken out by a fast car once when we were novice and we have taken out novice when we got faster. The point isn't about "Toso vs. me" anymore, it's about promoting the sport, representing the sport, and not to drive a hobbyist away from the sport. I would rather see guys that come to a race track and hit a lot of stuff try to get a hang of running on a track then being a parking lot basher, whether it's drifting, mini-t, or what not. That, is the bigger picture of R/C. Maybe it's just me, being an officer of an R/C club, try to attract more racers each year and promote this hobby, that I believe is a more important issue than "Toso vs. Me".

Dom
Old 02-02-2005, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

The other thread was closed for a reason. Get over it!
Old 02-02-2005, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

I don't know why drifting and race cars are allowed to mix. Imagine drift cars on the track with F1 car? What an ugly site that would be.

I'd say that the track needed to do something to seperate the classes. Does the track shut down for the 5 guys to run for 20 minutes and drift? Or do they get a seperate day? Anyway you look at it it's an issue what the track wants to do. It seems to me they decided that racing is more important since Drifting was banned.

Do I think the place should turn away customer? No. But if you piss your core group off and they don't show up it's a bigger loss than 5 guys.

This thread is silly. I've had cars destroied in practice. If it was only $20 to fix I guess you're lucky.

I like to drift, it's fun. But it's really simple just to do it out in a parkinglot with a few cones.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.