Wiki Posts
Search

Best ESC On The Planet!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Default I'd have to agree with you.....

Originally posted by 2BAD4ALL
That's what I'm trying to get at. The older Tekin speedos are "nearly" bulletproof, but like you said not as smooth as the newer ones. That's what I like about them, that raw power and punch that you just don't find nowadays. I grew up in r/c using the older ones and I guess just got used to them. My G-9 (U10) is probably 9-10 years old and I'm sure it'll run another 10 years easily. Good luck with the new micro midget speedos. Later!
As I used Tekin back when I raced off-road (late 80's) and I have a Keyence now and have to say that I'm running 540 stock class (on-road) and "raw power and punch" isn't that good.

But then again it's been a while and such raw power would always look better in off-road compared to on-road where everthing is so low (hope that makes sense).

However I'm sure with all the adjustments available today that a new Esc could be made to perform just like any other Esc from back in the day.

Minimum drive power adjustment for example.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Arrow GTX

GTX, GTX,GTX,GTX,GTX,GTX,GTX,GTX,GTX,GTX,GTX
Old 02-02-2005, 04:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Windsorguy99
Do you have a link to that CS Cole?....
Rocket Max link
Old 02-02-2005, 08:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by RochesterRC
I am liking my Mtroniks Cirrus ESC. So far it is running well for me.

Shan
I have a Cirrus as well. I like it mine a lot. I also have some others, but prefer this one.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Of course the G-9 doesn't offer many adjustments, but the last time I checked all you need in racing is throttle and brake. If you can regulate those 2 things with your finger you don't need any more adjustments. Most guys are too wrapped up in how many adjustments they can make with their speedo and think it can make up for being a crappy driver. Wake Up!!!
I tend to agree with you.... But on the other hand, if you mounted a LRP v7.1 - which you cant melt down - wouldnt you drive just as good as with a Tekin, even though it's silky smooth?

Buying expensive stuff, wont take you to the podium. As an example, my Pro2, P2K, LRP v7.1 and Presto from the previous millenium, has taken me to the podium, a couple of times. But some stuff suits a certain man/woman better, than other.

I've finally upgraded my v7.1 to the Rocket Max. And I really like the ability to set it up, to suit my needs and preferences. Because that v7.1 is made for mod, and untill now, I race stock exclusively.

Ohh, and I really agree with you, that I wont get a tiny-micro-speedo, before they fix these melt-down problems

One thing, I really enjoy by racing older stuff, is when I beat the guys with their hyper-gismos

Last night was my first night with the Rocket Max. That frequency-auto-shift thing works well. Smooth when needed - and raw power when needed However, I havent tested deep (time limit!), but the first impression was definately, that this speedo helps me runnung a smoother line.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for your reply. IMO at least someone (other than myself) on here thinks the right way. You're right about the V7.1. I know it's really smooth, as is my Cyclone, but it's just that I like the raw power and punchy feel of the older Tekins. Smooth is OK, but can sometimes make the car feel sluggish. To each his own I guess. Let me know how the Rocket Max performs in different situations. It's amusing that LRP claims that they were the first to use reactive frequency in a speedo, when in fact CS used it several years before them. I haven't heard anything negative about the Rocket Max either, but the LRP Q2 sounds like a piece of crap.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Arrow

Novak GTX hook up two caps you can set it for raw or smooth. very user friendly and aponents nightmare
Old 02-04-2005, 12:07 AM
Tech Elite

It's amusing that LRP claims that they were the first to use reactive frequency in a speedo, when in fact CS used it several years before them. I haven't heard anything negative about the Rocket Max either, but the LRP Q2 sounds like a piece of crap.
I really agree about this !

I would appreciate, if LRP told us more about how their technology works. I think some of their products are good. I've been told, that the way the QC2 works, is it measures the amp draw from the motor, and that's how it figures out which frequency to use. It's not from LRP staff I got this, so I'm not entirely sure that's how it works. The Rocket Max does it in another way, it watches how fast the driver moves the throttle. Fast movement=low frequency, slow movement=high frequency.

And yep, a smooth speedo often feels sluggish, which I definately dont like

About Tekin; I've been close to get a G10 several times, I really love the way it can be adjusted. No need for manual, SO intutive. In this discipline, it's far superior to the Rocket Max - and any other speedo, I know of, with the same amount of adjustment.

I tell you guys how the Max works, when I've learned it better.