Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So who is sponsered?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You better marry her!!....Soviet is absolutely correct. That itinerary that he posted is all about "FUN"
Old 02-04-2005, 07:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

Originally posted by StephenSobottka
Hey Guys,
This will be moved to offtopic in a bit, but I would just like to say that Dave Gullickson was the first guy to sponsor me as an up and coming driver. I owe it to him to where I got today. Having that little bit of help and putting in the tracktime helped me get to my goals. I did switch teams after a bit but I thanked Dave for what he had provided me with. I have now become recognised so to say in the stock touring world and it is very cool, but I am still having fun as I did when I was non-sponsored. If you ever stop having fun, something is wrong. Just a little insight as to how long I have been racing to get to where I am
---I started racing 4 years ago, and I was at the track every week at least once, and most times at least twice. I put in a ton of tracktime, I cannot stress that enough. I started traveling to big races 2 years ago and started to gain a lot of knowledge to help me get better. I can name a few people who really helped me when I started at the big events: Russ Schacht, Jim and Nick Stampfel, Jeff Choban and many others. I would not be where I am today without their, or my dads help.

Anytime man! Nice job at Novak
Old 02-04-2005, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

I'm not even sponsored by Dave and I'm going to tell you the guy turns out great motors.....
Old 02-04-2005, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What a great discussion.

As for myself, my sponsor will always be Team Yours Truly. I can run a decent heat every now and then, and have a lot of fun doing it. But, I know that my behavior is occasionally poor, and would not serve a sponsor well. Sure, it would be flattering if someone came up to me and asked if I wanted to run their products. If someone from Associated came up to me and offered a ride, then I would give it a little consideration. But I would rather have the freedom to do what I want, when I want. I think you guys are right when saying that sponsorship results in spending even more money. Promoting the product means looking fast on the track consistently, and that's too much pressure for me.

The bottom line is that these are TOY CARS. I like racing my toy cars on Friday nights, and that's enough for me. Sure, sometimes I'm serious about it, but it's expensive and I don't mind paying for my stuff.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:30 AM
Tech Champion

Personally I dont expect my drivers to be fast at every race as all tracks are different and the variety of drivers are different. I expect them to do thier best and help people if someone needs it, to me thats a good driver - someone that will help that novice out with the simplist things without acting like its an inconvenience.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by TeamButter
You better marry her!!....Soviet is absolutely correct. That itinerary that he posted is all about "FUN"
Butter, you're 100% correct! Having a supportive spouse makes this whole deal much more fun. Just as having a non-supportive spouse really sucks. I think we need to get a collection going to help Soviet buy her a ring...after all, Valentines day is coming
Old 02-04-2005, 09:55 AM
Tech Adept

Default Sponsorship

I'm willing to sponser anyone that is good at what they do.. But not only that.. but be willing to work hard to get better.. Right now i will offer discounts on all venom products to start.. And custom paint your ride for free with the venom logos on it via decals.. Simple as that.. Email not pm for details or interest. Thanks.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by dgullickson
Personally I dont expect my drivers to be fast at every race as all tracks are different and the variety of drivers are different. I expect them to do thier best and help people if someone needs it, to me thats a good driver - someone that will help that novice out with the simplist things without acting like its an inconvenience.
Well said.

I've had guys who are much faster than I am come to me for help because they know I've been doing this for a while and I have the support and the knowledge sharing from the factory. It's fun to see improvement in a fellow racer that is a direct result of the help you've given. Even if he is better than you.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Well said!! A true spokesperson for a product shouldn't always be the fastest guy on the track (yea it helps most of the time) - it should be the guy with the best reputation on the track...We've all heard rumors about how some of the "big" names drivers are jerks in one shape or another...So a manufacturer sponsoring a quality guy that just happens to be fast, is a huge plus

Bottom line - if I had my choice of sponsors, I'd pick a battery or motor company to inquire with...those seem to allow the most "freedom" for the racer since the it wouldn't require huge globs of money to run new equipemt...And of all the stuff we buy for our cars - the batteries and motors seem to be the "cheapest" in respect to everything else
Old 02-04-2005, 10:12 AM
Tech Champion

I have sold more Products through a place where the driver was an "ok" driver but a very good people person and have sold less from a driver thats way fast but is stuck up. I would rather sponsor a people person than the stuck up guy any day of the week, plus its less e-mails clogging up my mail server from people saying how rude he or she was.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:18 AM
Tech Champion

I have sold more Products through a place where the driver was an "ok" driver but a very good people person and have sold less from a driver thats way fast but is stuck up. I would rather sponsor a people person than the stuck up guy any day of the week, plus its less e-mails clogging up my mail server from people saying how rude he or she was.

I can imagine how that would make things better for you
Old 02-04-2005, 10:25 AM
Tech Adept

Default Famous Quote

It's not the fastest car.. It's the person not willing to lose.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:32 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Famous Quote

Originally posted by Team Entity
It's not the fastest car.. It's the person not willing to lose.
or can take loosing with class
Old 02-04-2005, 10:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

One thing I'd also like to mention. As a driver, it's a big confidence booster when you get a company who's willing to sponsor you. The support that I was given at the last Reedy Race from Fukuyama was awesome. (They were my only sponsor at the time.) Knowing that a company is willing to back you can be very flattering. Even if it is just a partial sponsorship. And if you're trying to be a competitive racer, confidence is essential.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:41 AM
Tech Adept

Default lol

Amen.. Its all heart, and the willing to learn and be better... Anyone with a credit card and some knowhow can compete.. Its the ones who don't have that shot and learn on there own become the best drivers and techs. In my opinion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.