Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brushless Motor Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 02:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone using SS5800 know how to turnoff the drag-brake? I check over manual and said nothing about drag-brake. But in the play I can tell are drag-brake in action. Anyone know how to turn it off?
Old 03-26-2005, 02:16 AM
Exe
Tech Regular

i didn't notice any drag brake on ss5800, check your radio or a car for braking...

i just got my force75 and lehner basicxl 5000 motor... wow, this is really insane! on soft soft timing i got 8 minutes of runtime. the motor is aresome!!!
Old 03-26-2005, 04:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Exe
i didn't notice any drag brake on ss5800, check your radio or a car for braking...

i just got my force75 and lehner basicxl 5000 motor... wow, this is really insane! on soft soft timing i got 8 minutes of runtime. the motor is aresome!!!
That's strange, because the drag-brake effect is quite obvious. Will check drivetrain and radio later. Thanks.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ttso
Anyone using SS5800 know how to turnoff the drag-brake? I check over manual and said nothing about drag-brake. But in the play I can tell are drag-brake in action. Anyone know how to turn it off?
Turn off the drag brake??? My 5800 freewheels when off the throttle.... It takes a very different driving style to use it.... Brushed motors have a good amount of natural drag break than brushless doesn't.....

I too am paitently waiting on the Sphere.... I've been contemplating a Hacker for my 5th scale motorcycle....
Old 03-26-2005, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

I have the Novak bl w/4300 but want more out of it. Plus I want to switch with a brushed motor and brushless. So I'm looking into getting another bl system. Is the novak brushed/brushless available or the lrp? Who has them? Also, is the lrp a smaller speedo then the novak?
Old 03-26-2005, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

wow that should be a killer system. I run the u-force with a basic 4200 and a shadow. Best controller I have ever owned.
Old 03-26-2005, 08:23 AM
Exe
Tech Regular

and it is.. one moment yesterday was really exciting.. i was racing with a friend of mine, he has ss5800.. on our track we have something about 23-24 meters long straight, so we came out of the turn to this straight almost at the same time and my car just rooocketed, overcame him like he was standing there...
both of us ran 7.5 gear ratio.

this is hell of a system, Chris @ finedesign didn't lie saying that this is gonna be extreme stuff... i wonder how fast i could run if make gear ratio 6.5 .

this is the best 600$ i have spent on rc racing
Old 03-26-2005, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I have thought about getting the sensorless brushless (hacker or u-force) but had concerns about throttle feel. How does the sensorless (u-force) compare to the sensored (novak) as far as the way you drive them?

Thanks for the info.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Sensorless can cog when trying to start out.... All the sensors do is let the ESC know the position of the armature, but it makes the sensored much smoother....

I have a Mamba 6800 in my RC18T and the little truck litterally flies....

Last edited by vtl1180ny; 03-26-2005 at 10:00 AM.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:56 AM
Exe
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Joe Maxey
I have thought about getting the sensorless brushless (hacker or u-force) but had concerns about throttle feel. How does the sensorless (u-force) compare to the sensored (novak) as far as the way you drive them?

Thanks for the info.
i don't know about hacker, but my lehner is sooo smooth! no cogging at all, just pure smooth extreme power!
Old 03-26-2005, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Where can I find the Lehner? I just looking for something to run about like a good 9 to 10 turn. Which speedo do you use with it?

Thanks again.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Joe Maxey
Running a Plettenberg Shadow and a u-Force, there are two differences from the Novak SS that I noticed, other than power. I needed more negative throttle exponential, -55 on a 3pj vs -20, to get a linear feeling and the shadow has drag breaking.
As far as smoothness goes I didn't notice any cogging, but I don't think the u-force is quite as smooth stepping as the SS or a GT7, close though. It's still good though .

Edit: after getting the U-force set up right it's very smooth and linear like a brushed motor. Thanks Steve! Works in the Wet too

Last edited by ljohnson; 04-05-2005 at 09:47 AM.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:57 AM
Exe
Tech Regular

i bought it at finedesignrc.com

the owner is chris, really nice guy! this thing runs really better than 9-10 turn it's simply insane!!! actually when i had novak, i couldn't believe there can be a huge increase in power and speed, and now i see

chris told if you wanna be fast, take basic xl 4200 version, if you wanna go extreme, go with xl 5000... hell, i though, price is the same, so i got 5000 with uforce 75 esc.

cheers, can't wait to race again!!!
Old 03-26-2005, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The u-force is very smooth for a sensorless controller. When used with 4-pole motors (plettenberg, aveox) you can hardly tell that it is sensorless. Even with two pole motors, it is very good. The only thing that it will not power is the novak motors. I haven't found a sensorless controller that will power the novak. weird that novak was able to make a motor that a schulze can't power.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:41 PM
Exe
Tech Regular

Originally posted by kufman
The u-force is very smooth for a sensorless controller. When used with 4-pole motors (plettenberg, aveox) you can hardly tell that it is sensorless. Even with two pole motors, it is very good. The only thing that it will not power is the novak motors. I haven't found a sensorless controller that will power the novak. weird that novak was able to make a motor that a schulze can't power.
what do you mean can't power? i got response from schulze that uforce can run with novak, and i did connect it to esc, but didn't screw the motor on the car... gonna do that on friday, but the motor works, just don't know about the power.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.