Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Hey guys whats a good tire sauce to use on the vintage tires for asphalt??
Old 04-14-2013, 06:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Potoczak
Buggy Grip, Tire Tweak and I've used Paragon black can. Our outdoor asphalt tracks get sprayed with soda, snocone syrup etc. Indoors Jack the Gripper , SXT and Tweak all work for us
Old 04-17-2013, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

This thread has been quiet for a few days!

I spent a little time this week to make a real scale VTA Driver for my car. Something I've meant to do for a long time.

I used old pieces including a body/torso from Tamiya car that was given to me, and a head from an HPI driver. I still need to paint him up, but the mounting method was super easy on the TC3 because of the battery hold down. The vertical post is just an old broken body mount post. I cut the ends flat and then drilled the ends and then used self-tapping screws to hold it all together. Its pretty stout. The "STIG" will make his 1st track appearence Friday.

Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-vta-driver1.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-vta-driver2.jpg  
Old 04-17-2013, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by Potoczak
Tire tweak or paragon white can have worked well for me.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Default vintage trans am in france

the first race usvta (french series) Grayan l'hopital (france) sunday 04/14
8 drivers
here the video
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mera'din
We have tried many thing to keep everyone from piling up in the first turn but it doesn't seem to sink in. Hold your line! We did rolling starts for a while, first lap at half throttle, etc...people just can't seem to wait.

I saw a few videos on the tube where the race director will restart a race if the first lap isn't clean. I think that is something I'd like to try. This was a qualifier so no restart there.
Cool video Todd! Where did you get that video recorder at? It takes pretty good video compared to the others that i have seen.

I think restarting the race when the first lap isn't clean is a GREAT idea! Have you mentioned it to Brad yet? Let me know, and we can mention it on Friday before racin starts.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rclolo33
the first race usvta (french series) Grayan l'hopital (france) sunday 04/14
8 drivers
here the video
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Great video! Someone took some time to make that. I really like the track too at the "Mini Racing Club" venue. If we ran on something that big, I think we could lower our FDR's for sure!
Old 04-18-2013, 02:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

What is everyone's preferred battery for VTA? I've been noticing lots of voltage drop off after about 4 mins. My lap times will suddenly take a quick drop by about .5 per lap. Anyone have a good battery suggestion?
Old 04-18-2013, 02:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hyujmn
What is everyone's preferred battery for VTA? I've been noticing lots of voltage drop off after about 4 mins. My lap times will suddenly take a quick drop by about .5 per lap. Anyone have a good battery suggestion?
What battery are you running, and how many cycles are on it? What condition is it in (puffed at all, etc.)?
Old 04-18-2013, 02:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hyujmn
EA Motorsports 70c 5000mAh VTA packs are hard to beat, and they stay strong during the entire 8 minutes. I run them in USVTA, USGT, and TC 17.5
Old 04-18-2013, 03:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by slashdriver
What battery are you running, and how many cycles are on it? What condition is it in (puffed at all, etc.)?
Im running Gens Ace 5000mah/50c batteries. They're older packs, had them for almost a year now. Not puffed at all. Still balance charges perfectly to 4.2v each cell, and after a run, they'll be within .01v of each other, like 3.98/3.97. So the packs themselves are in good condition. Im just noticing that I get really slow after a while. No matter what I do, I can't stay at the same pace. On my local track, I'll be doing 14.1-14.3 consistently and then I'll notice that my times go down to 14.7/14.8 every lap after about 4 mins. At the end of 8 min mains, I'll be averaging 14.9s every lap.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Are you sure the car doesn't start scrubbing speed through the run? Maybe borrow a buddies battery and test to see if there is a difference? I know my battery is not an issue as far as that goes, but that also occurs during races for me occasionally. Normally something in setup fixes it.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

For the ultimate VTA Driver Figure, you can now have YOURSELF made into a driver using a 3D printer. Its not cheap, but the 3D FigureWorks people were at the Toledo R/C Show making perfect miniature versions of real people! Check out their website if you have time. Its amazing! My wife says its "too realistic and creepy!" LOL.

http://www.3dfigureworks.com/People.aspx

http://www.3dfigureworks.com/NEWSEVE...edoRCShow.aspx

Old 04-18-2013, 03:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by oceanhighz
Are you sure the car doesn't start scrubbing speed through the run? Maybe borrow a buddies battery and test to see if there is a difference? I know my battery is not an issue as far as that goes, but that also occurs during races for me occasionally. Normally something in setup fixes it.
I thought about that too. I've got a set of Speedzone lipos that I was going to try out on my VTA car to see.

What else could be causing me to scrub speed though?
Old 04-18-2013, 04:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I too would consider whether something is up with the car first. gens ace may not be the finest lipo on the planet, but a 25.5 is an easy load, they should not be falling off that bad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.