Wiki Posts
Search

With all these new cars coming out LHS gotta be pissed

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default With all these new cars coming out LHS gotta be pissed

X-ray, Shumarcher and you the TRF 416 and Evol 5 will be out in the fall. it si gonna hard for these stores to keep parts like we would want them too, sometime its not cost affective, feel sorry for you X-ray guys who just bought their car
Old 01-20-2005, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Personally i cant see a problem, half the xray stuff is backwards compatible and the FK has been out a while now. Few people run the schumacher cars compared to the others in my experience. People who run tamiya know they bring a new car out every year or so.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Shumarcher is coming out with a new touring car ?
Old 01-20-2005, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: With all these new cars coming out LHS gotta be pissed

Originally posted by dawgmeat
X-ray, Shumarcher and you the TRF 416 and Evol 5 will be out in the fall. it si gonna hard for these stores to keep parts like we would want them too, sometime its not cost affective, feel sorry for you X-ray guys who just bought their car
Welcome to the competitive market!! There's really no reason a LHS has to carry these cars anyway. At our local track we have X-Ray, HPI, Losi, AE, and Corally drivers. The hobby store carries HPI, LOSI and AE. Why? Because the parts don't go stale two weeks after they arrive. If you run a car your LHS doesn't carry parts for, you get the privelege of stocking those parts for yourself. I really can't blame any LHS for leaving cars outta the loop that are Manufacturer Direct Distribution only, or are obsoleted by their own manufacturer 2 weeks after their release.

By the same token, I can't blame the manufacturers' for constantly evolving their products in order to keep up. It's the nature of the game.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

No new car coming out for Schumacher right now. New parts and options are always in the works but no new kit. There's really no need, the Mi2 is already an awesome performer.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

most stores (smart ones) only carry what the majority of their TC racers run and buy/support. our shop it's AE & Losi with some limited HPI stuff.

when you buy a non-mainstream (commonly run locally) here in the US. you in up sometimes end up having to become your own hobby shop. i know this from experience, you can nickle and dime your self to death or if you can afford it, you can spend the money up front and buy 2 kits. one for parts, one to race. 2 guys i knew did this with Schumacher offroads years ago and i did this with a Yok offroad. these cars at the time had to be ordered from Europe or Japan. Phone rates were outlandish back then and postage was killer. we all three saved more money than those who didn't.

these days it can "sometimes" be alot easier to keep your car running due to internet and having quicker access to shops worldwide that ship anywhere

even hobby shops have problems getting some parts at times for these cars. one of local Hobbytown employees got a Tamiya 415......couldn't get the parts in he needed...ended up selling it and getting a HPI Pro-4.

you can only hope when they release a newer car and you plan on getting one, that the majority of parts x-fer over.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default how about all the Trucks

i don't race them but i see them every WEDS/SAT. once there was mostly EMAXX/TMAXX trucks. now we have racers running the REVO, AE BFT, Losi LST, plus all the aluminum goodies and hopups associated with them

also the 1/18 trucks.... Losi came popular first, now AE, Duratrax, Trinity have chimed in.

i know the shelves at the HT i race at have had to be redone several times in the last 6 months. because the 12th and TC parts are constantly moving to the right and the peg boards are getting taller.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:45 PM
Tech Addict

LHS gonna be pissed? not really,

there all happy 80% of us will go out and buy the new cars
Old 01-23-2005, 12:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Besides, both of the R/C hobby stores here do special orders for most kit-specific parts, and I assume most others do as well. Imagine carrying every body shell kit for every chassis of even one brand.

They'll be fine. All they need is the catalogue.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Liko
They'll be fine. All they need is the catalogue.
And a lot of customers, buying these new cars
Old 01-23-2005, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Correction: The kid behind the counter stocking the shelfs (me) would probably be more pissed about it than the LHS it self. Even then the kid is happy to have a job and be able to race