Search

1.18+ cells -vs- orion's 1.19= cells

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 03:03 AM
TCR
Tech Addict

Default WoW

Originally posted by Oscar Jansen
@Pony klr: We will send you some of those packs, I wish you a lifetime supply of batteries! Send me a PM!

@ TCR: Just use them at the track! This is what Atsushi and Marc used at DHI..... Actually I gave them 442/1.195 for qualifying.
Thats awsome I can't wait to get these together.

I'm not selling them or anything, I've always loved Orion stuff

LOL wouldnt it be funny SMC "Danny" sends Orion aka "oscar" a lifetime supply of bateries...

Last edited by TCR; 01-20-2005 at 03:08 AM.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs down

@ TCR: Just use them at the track! This is what Atsushi and Marc used at DHI..... Actually I gave them 442/1.195 for qualifying.
Who are you fooling? Or were those numbers real instead of your normal labels?
Old 01-20-2005, 03:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ok I will chime in now.....
One Question,
Who has won more Races?????
That being said......
Buy what works for you, what makes you faster and everything else is just talk.....
I like Orions cells because I feel they make me faster than say my Fusion packs and that there numbers tend to not fall off very quickly unlike my other packs. That said and my point made. One thing though, Opinions are like arm pits (metaphore) everyone has a couple and they all stink to everyone else.
But that is what helps us occupy our time and energy writing all of ours here...LOL
I love RcTech.net
Take Care All & GOD Bless
Stephen <><
Old 01-20-2005, 04:31 AM
Tech Regular

@Pony klr: We will send you some of those packs, I wish you a lifetime supply of batteries! Send me a PM!

osacar uou have a pm thanks!
Old 01-20-2005, 04:49 AM
Tech Adept

when orion say there cells are 1.19 volts they are 1.19 volts using there matching methods

when smc say theres are 1.18 votls then they are 1.18 volts using there mathcing methods

reputable companies like these will not fudge there numbers on the cells they cant afford to lose there good name

however if you the customer doesnt research or read about how the matchers match the cells then it is your fault if you expect orion 1.19 to be substantially better than any other 1.18 cells

all companies will match the cells in the way that feel is most suitable

personally i only by matched cells as that ensures you get 6 'good' cells rather than if you buy them loose where you could end up with 1 or two 'bad' cells
Old 01-20-2005, 04:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

@ jarkkom: Fooling nobody, not my style. Just the truth...sorry.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Oscar got any of those cells you want to unload my way, The Hobby shops workers always buy them before (us) can get hold of them.
Let me Know
Thanks,
Stephen <><
Old 01-20-2005, 04:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Stephen, we just shipped a new batch to TO USA, with plenty of good stuff. Last GP3300 batch was awesome, specially voltage. Check with [email protected]
Old 01-20-2005, 05:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I assume oscar can answer this....

What is the peak current draw your matchers achive during your RDS method.

This is not for slander, I am just curious as I use an RDS method myself as it improves my cells performance after laying around for a month.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Dragonfire, we peak up to 50A shortly while cycling. For pack 'shake up' we have device which pulses 100A.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:52 AM
Tech Regular

IF i could intersead here i owned a battery company for 7 years from 89 to96 or so VOODOO BATTERYS EVERY BATTERY COMPANY has what they feel is the process that is best . 99 percent of them have the best intensions of providing a great product. if people want to buy a pack because of big numbers okay . but do your research before you buy you can not compare an apple to a bannana . room tempature alone can cause numbers to differ the turbo matcher 4 has a 8% tollerence as danny said early on he stream lines his cells through a tunnel like a bottle neck to machines that are constantly calibrated. and im sure oscar does the same. POWER PUSH has been using his own system for 15 years his numbers do not come out on a turbo 30 to what the lable says but they are wicked fast!!!!! i have my own battery program for grading cells and every matcher has a unique version that they have trained to performe a certain way i will not say this guys cells suck or this guys are the greatest put it in the car and decide for your self ! if you think the reason joel johnson can crush everybody is because of a battery pack your getting to close to the motor spray! thanks and god BLESS

Last edited by pony klr; 01-20-2005 at 08:06 AM.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:15 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: WoW

Originally posted by TCR
Thats awsome I can't wait to get these together.

I'm not selling them or anything, I've always loved Orion stuff

LOL wouldnt it be funny SMC "Danny" sends Orion aka "oscar" a lifetime supply of bateries...
Yes, do not sell those. I have several of them myself. You will not find stronger batteries!! At least I have not!
Old 01-20-2005, 07:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

The fur flies when the topic of batteries comes up doesn't it? It keeps things interesting to say the least. Bottom line: there is no set industry standard for matchers. Most conform to a certain general set of parameters ( cutoff voltage, charge rate, discharge rate, etc.) but not everyone. I feel it is misleading to deviate too far from these general parameters since the uninformed consumer shops by numbers only. Of course, some feel it is a good business decision to be selling the best numbers and this may be true, however, most racers check their batteries using these generally accepted parameters and tend to be very disappointed when their cells aren't what the label says. Like it or not, racers formulate their opinions of battery companies more by what the machines say rather than the performance on the track. I think all matchers feel their method is the best. I have a hard time believing any one matcher is head and shoulders above the rest. After all, we all use the same cells and the performance differences that can be extracted from these cells is marginal, at best.

I do have a question for Oscar, though, and I hope it doesn't come across as accusatory, because it isn't: If you are discharging at up to 50 amps, shouldn't the numbers be LOWER not HIGHER? When we use 35 amp discharge we get lower numbers than 30 amp. Just curious.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:09 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Since racing results seem to be important to some then Josh Cyrul won the ROAR Carpet Nats in MOd sedan, 12th scale Mod , Mod Sedan at the Cleveland Witner Champs. Ralph Burch won mod sedan at the Snwobirds and Novak race. Both racers were using our 35 amp matched GP3300s part number 3506MOD.

I have always been one to try and be helpful and I come on these boards to give my point of view. The reason I stopped on this particular thread is because SMC was mentioned. I just wanted to point a few things out concerning numbers.

We have had great results with our 35 amp packs and Orion also has great results with the way they match there packs we can't argue about this. Like I said in one of my earlier posts maybe it's time for SMC to change the way we setup the machine to make the numbers look more like some of our competitors. The performance of the pack will still be the same.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:10 AM
Tech Regular

JACK I BELIVE HE MEANS DURING CYCLING not on final grade ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.