Spintec Battery Manager

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spintec Battery Manager

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 04:34 AM
Tech Adept

You are the world champ in the being nice competition!

Hope you like your techy thingy
Old 02-16-2005, 04:45 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

I used it last night on some 1.168 promatch cells
charged them up put the thiney spinny on ,was a couple of hours before it stoped, batts were luke warm, is that right??

A/v 7.71
cap 3656
r/time 421 secs
IR 51, i`m hoping to get this down

I have had these club cells for 4 months used twice a week @ 5.5 a charge

funny really i have a CDC eagle it registered 3896 mah to go in
ir was 36 p/v 9.178

i will bench test the cells again friday night, i`m not racing till the weekend & i can`t wait that long
Old 02-18-2005, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Right done the second charge & wotnot, here goes
charged them the same way board them on a LRP one(not by telling boring stories)
this went in via CDC 5.5,4mv
4056 mah
peak v 9.313
ir 39

the first firure in the following table was the first discharge & the second was the second discharge

this is what the spinny techy thing said
Run/t 421 /418
a/v 7.71/7.63
95.8 joules, i don`t know if this is good figure,Erik tell me??
cap 3656/3723
ir 51/44.5

What i like is the ir has come down quite a way just on the second cycle

I`m racing properly on sunday then we can do a bit more playing around
Old 02-18-2005, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

This is the 3rd charge & wotnot

IN
cap 4140
p/v 9.25
ir38

out ( using the spinny thingy)
cap3755
a/v 7.59
95. joules (is this good??) Erik get on here & tell me
ir 43
r/time422

So i think it is doing things to my cells ir is coming down, runtime has improved & average voltage is still well good considering they are only 1.167 cells
It discharges at 35 amp pulse, cells are only luke warm from full discharge & you don`t have to baby sit the gadjet either,small, trick LED`s keeps the info onboard also how many times you have used it,

Like this alot ,lot of money in the uk though running out at £75 squids,
but on the upside if you just brought 4 packs of batts @£60 a throw (£240)eek: (not mine ,i must add)then this is a bargin,6 month warrenty with it,
this is a plug in & play jobbie
Now where`s my commision Erik

When i first saw it i thought `how can this look after your cells through 2 wires`Bloody contraption
Don`t know how it does it (over my head here), but when i put the cells on the board the lights nearly go out together as opposed to being all over the place before

Right waiting for that charger Erik, that does look trick, if you won`t a unbiased tester i`m your man ,love to find faults in things ask tonyv on the x-ray site about the battery strap saga he did get a bit upset, still don`t think it`s right
we are still comunicating

Last edited by MR JOLLY; 02-18-2005 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:06 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I seen some of the guys at the Snowbirds using these dischargers.....Seemed to work very very well. I never asked any questions then but now wish I had to see how it worked first hand. As soon as your charger is ready I would love to guy some along with the dischargers. Let me know when you get your US distributor worked out or if you need any help with it in the US.

Thanks

Eric Anderson
EAMotorsports
Old 02-18-2005, 08:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Any word on where this product can be purchased??
Old 02-19-2005, 12:53 AM
Tech Elite

The idea of it is you bung it on your batts as soon as your race is over even though your the batts will be hot through current drain in race conditioned this spin thing won`t add to the temp cos of the way it pulses, you can here the cracking noise coming from the cells as it`s discharging & breaking up the crystals

That`s about it 2 wires connected them that`s it no buttons,no menu`s to select,tell you r/time in secs

method of it discharging
We all know that when you race the batt`s are not drained at a constant amp, it varies all over the place,so the spintech tries to reflect that with a 35amp pulse & it does work,

The test pack were promatch1.168 (like $35. ones )

Nearly all the new packs used to start with a ir around 34-37, i have had a pack that was down to 29, but as the charges go in * the battery gets used the ir goes up with usage, but the spintech seems to be undoing this in a dark & secret way

Looks quite cool aswell sitting on your bench quitely doing it`s buissness, nice blue lable aswell
I`m doing well here Erik
Old 02-21-2005, 01:33 AM
Tech Elite

Erik
I have found a fault ,yipppppeeeeeee
I need a idiot light to tell me when it`s finished discharging, when you are in the hustle & bustle of the pits, noise,distrastions & so on, you can`t tell when it`s finished just by glancing at it

See i told you i will find some thing
The only thing that gives it away .if you missed the `finished discharging message` is when it scrolls throught he whole setup capacity of internal resitence only come up when it`s finished
Oh & it`s heat sink is cold, dohh

The battery i have been testing was real good on the track
running in the 19t class. a 2 dayer next down c/wars
Old 02-21-2005, 05:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Mr Jolly.
From the data that you have present , i agree that the IR went down but i saw also the Av Volt to go down.. Why this?? or i am reading something wrong here??
And about the joules is the energy that your pack can deliver. (if i am not wrong)
Old 02-21-2005, 08:35 AM
Tech Adept

Mr. Jolly, thanks for all the testing! Looks like you are having fun with it

About your energy numbers, they are OK I think. Have seen them a little better, just over 100 kJ.

We will consider putting in a LED light or something to more clearly indicate it is done discharging. But I think ones you get to know the scrolling texts, you will see it quite easy.

Eric, thanks. Keep an eye on the Spintec website. US distribution will be set up soon.

Rock56, take a look at the distributor list on the website. If your country is not listed, send me an email.

Erik
[email protected]
Old 02-21-2005, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by harris

From the data that you (mr jolly)have present , i agree that the IR went down but i saw also the Av Volt to go down.. Why this??
Erik,

Can you explain this please?
Old 02-21-2005, 09:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default how much

how much is this battery manager?
Old 02-21-2005, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Last one
think i got to grips with this thing now
in
4150 cap
p/v9.285
ir 36

out using spin doctor
R/Time 439 secs
ir 42
a/v 7.51
joules 97.7
3904 capacity

i am happy with this , the run time has jumped from 421 to 439
ir has come from 51 down to 42
capacity gone from3656 up to 3904
joules from 95.8 up to 97.7
a/voltage,?? this is the only bit that has dropped in the wrong direction from 7.71 down to 7.5, but this could be `this will fall
evertime you use the batts syndrome`

This from a earlier post by speed 1
Pack SMC gold peak gp3306s
capacity:3873
resistance:61.5
average voltage:7.56
runtime:435sec
energy:98.8

going by this the 1.168 promatch $35 ones will perform better then those of smc
this does not include how old these packs are , smc`s could be 10year old ones

it does feel better on the track, responsive, a nice feeling when you use the batts ,till you crash of course then you have lost that advantage

I forgot to say this is at 35amp discharge in pulse, which doesn`t count in between pulses to get dodgey figures

Last edited by MR JOLLY; 02-21-2005 at 01:45 PM.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

pizzadude
Same as average road speed from point A to point B , you start fast & furious then die out a little towards the end ( sound`s like my sex drive )
higher the average voltage more power through the discharge curve = more power deeper into the race before fade sets in
Old 02-22-2005, 12:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

I agree with you Mr Jolly that the numbers looks good, but it is very strange to take out a battery 439 sec discharge time (equals to 35Amp linear discharging).. I have a spintec and a turbo 35 but none of my batteries (15 times played, LRP and Peak top batteires) can show more than 430 sec in 30AMP..
I believe that the discharge sec that we see in spintec is not exactly the same as a 35Amp linear discharging... (my opinion).
Erik please correct me if i am wrong.

Mr Jolly how much time it take you to dicharge a fully charged battery with spintec??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.