Community
Wiki Posts
Search

trinity 3600 cells :-/

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 11:06 PM
Tech Adept

Default trinity 3600 cells :-/

Well i assembeld 4 Trinity 3600 team matched cells for my 12th scale. I disscharded the batteries and the charged them on my millenium pro. and it only charges up to about 800ma and never goes over 1000 seconds.... what could cause this....do i have a dead cell?. would it be from shorting them out on accendient??? please help i dont know what to do.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:43 AM
Tech Elite

If you start them charging again, will they take more charge?

My guess is it is just a false peak, and if possible, turn the false peak detection of your charger on.

Josh
Old 12-29-2004, 06:02 AM
Tech Adept

i had the same problem with a set of fantom team packs, i just kept charging and peaking till they took a charge. the first run dumped quickly, i de-charged to .1v let cool and recharged, the second time around they charged properly. i use the ce turbo 35 gfx and turned the peak detector way up to stop reading false peaks. the packs scream now and dont dump.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Dead Cell

If you did short them together it is very possible you did damage one of the cells.

As someone else asked did you try restarting the charge process? If you did and it still stops at 800 then it probably is a dead cell.

Later,
Old 12-29-2004, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Dead Cell

Originally posted by CRASH
If you did short them together it is very possible you did damage one of the cells.

As someone else asked did you try restarting the charge process? If you did and it still stops at 800 then it probably is a dead cell.

Later,
I had the same exact problems a while back. It could be you have a bad cell or something wrong with the assembly. In my case the Millenium Pro Chargers were the problem and not the packs. I would take the packs that would constantly false peak on the Novak and put them on my GFX (not using the lockout feature) and no more false peaks. When I had the Millenium Pro's every two months I would have to send them back to Novak because they would false peak. Every time I sent them back, they sent me brand new chargers. They would work perfectly for a few months and then start false peaking. So I just threw them up on ebay and bought another GFX...never had a problem since!
Old 12-29-2004, 05:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Send them back to Ernie, and try to get your money back. Then go buy some cells from a matcher that will give you a FAIR price.
Old 12-29-2004, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default false peaking batts..

heres a thought .. try increasing the volt threshold ... it has worked for me with the mill pro's ... never had anyproblems after raising it a bit ...
Old 12-29-2004, 10:26 PM
Tech Adept

well i bought a novak equilizing tray...it solved all my problems... my charger now chared the cells up to 3500+ with is great for now... im just glad that it was not a bad cell.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:06 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Chad....

Your signature is rediculous... I don't care what kind of shocks you have....

But I am glad your pack works.....

Why not put that in your sig also?