Search

6 Wheel Custom F1 Pan Car...

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Tamiya P34

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean
You can buy the Tamiya body directly from Tamiya as a spare part,but its the earlier P34.
The wheels on the Morotech are 1/12 scale. Personally the Tamiya P34 works fine,i have a video of it someplace,the use of a 1/12th scale front end is overkill really but you know how people can be. I will post the video of the standard Tamiya P34 with the FRP suspension arms.

Best change for the Tamiya is changing the rear wing for something that isnt so heavy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usWHgNLjqHU
I just have a problem with Tamiya's looks! Dumb, I know. Most of their cars do not look like state of the are race cars but toys. Their "competition" cars are overpriced IMO.

That being said, they probably work fine. I had fun with my mini and the F1 cars, just my personal problem, I guess.

In the pics the Morotech front looks wide and big...

Thanks for the info on the body. Now to find somebody who sell them, preferably in the US...
Old 08-28-2013, 05:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jag88
Hi Dave, I remember that car from long ago ... it's a beautiful piece of craftsmanship (like all your cars and boats). Can't wait to see it back on the track.

Barry Z
Thanks Barry. That really was a long time ago......wasn't it. Oh wait! That explane's my grey hair...LOL. The new 6 wheeler should be even better that the 1st T-Bar version, and I can't wait to get it on the track either.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

where can we get those futuristic 6 wheeled f1 bodies from...i want one
Old 09-02-2013, 09:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by thefnshow
where can we get those futuristic 6 wheeled f1 bodies from...i want one
You may want to check post #14 from 2004 in this thread. There was a link attached in Japanese regarding those bodies....good luck.
Old 12-26-2013, 03:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hello Dave,

The fact that the thread-activity ended in september opens room for speculations. Is the car still in the making, or did other things change your interests?
Just wondering...
Old 07-21-2014, 09:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wtcc
Hello Dave,

The fact that the thread-activity ended in september opens room for speculations. Is the car still in the making, or did other things change your interests?
Just wondering...
Hi again WTCC. Well, to be honest, my "real job" has been taking a lot of my time this past year. But my enthusiasm hasn't changed a bit. I did get most of the materials that will be going into the P34 project though. The tool to vacuum the new body is still being revised. Hopefully it won't take too long. Thanks for your interest again.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Nice to hear the project isn't dead
Old 07-21-2014, 01:50 PM
Tech Adept

I made mine based on a F104 V2 chassis with Tamiya P34 front suspension modified to make it stiffer, more adjustable and have the servo at the right place. On track, with foam tyres, I found it better than the 4 wheels F104. I raced it just one time with the MOROTECH body, except a problem with the front spoiler which was going off every time I touched the wall, it was fine. But on rubber it was a nightmare.
Attached Thumbnails 6 Wheel Custom F1 Pan Car...-photo.jpg   6 Wheel Custom F1 Pan Car...-photo2.jpg  
Old 07-21-2014, 02:36 PM
Tech Regular

gurneyflap......

Nice to see other ideas out there on the P34 project too! Thanks for joining in and sharing your version with us. It looks great and I'm sure you had a lot of fun working on it as well. I need to get a few pics of the previous version I did back in the early nineties on this thread. It still has the nickel medal six pack batteries in it still soldered in as it came off the track back then.

Last edited by all4fun; 07-21-2014 at 02:50 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Subscribed! I have a Tyrrell P-34 re-release (polycarbonate body), that I just sold only to buy an earlier re-release (polystyrene body, rubber tires) and come out with a bit of profit off the top! I want to buy the current re-release with foam tires and polycarbonate body just so I can actually drive the thing and not worry about a small nick or scratch on the body.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

Default 6 wheel custom project

Here are some pics of my original 6 wheel Tyrell F1 project I did back in the early 90's. The vacuum tool I created for the body was off of the original styrene body from the original kit I bought back in the late 80's, with of course, a few of my own changes thrown in. Check out the older Novak esc and reciever I used back then. This car was a breeze to drive on carpet and turned on a dime and was ready for the next turn or straight.

Dave Berry
Attached Thumbnails 6 Wheel Custom F1 Pan Car...-pict1.jpg   6 Wheel Custom F1 Pan Car...-pict2.jpg   6 Wheel Custom F1 Pan Car...-pict3.jpg   6 Wheel Custom F1 Pan Car...-pict4.jpg   6 Wheel Custom F1 Pan Car...-pict5.jpg  

Old 07-27-2014, 08:15 AM
Tech Adept

Has anyone got specs on the morotech front end? I am wondering if there is a chance of converting the front end to using a hex setup so that one could use the rubber off 1/12 scale tamiya mini's?

I want to run a 6 wheeler but done here we only run on rubber not foams.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nivola
Has anyone got specs on the morotech front end? I am wondering if there is a chance of converting the front end to using a hex setup so that one could use the rubber off 1/12 scale tamiya mini's?

I want to run a 6 wheeler but done here we only run on rubber not foams.
Hi nivola,
I've already checked into that idea a few years back myself for the same reason of running rubber tires. And yes, it can be done, but if you're looking for correct scale appearance, in my opinion, the mini rims and tires look too tall for the 1/10th scale Tyrell 6 wheel F1 front end. I haven't found a company yet that makes either a 12mm hex wheel, ex: (mini's and touring car wheels) or even the 14mm hex wheels used in today's 1/10th scale F1 cars. I haven't given up though as I will continue to look at what's out there. Hopefully someone viewing this post can help out. The O/D of my foam front tires in the pics I posted above are 43mm and the I/D of the 1/12th scale rim is 33.90mm. Keeping in mind that ground clearance, mine is 3.5mm and also the space between the four front tires is correct so they can turn without touching one another.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:22 AM
Tech Regular

Hi nivola,
I stand corrected. After doing some searching, I found out that Tamiya re-released the Tyrell P34 car in, I believe 2010 and it had rubber mounted tires, front and rear. They actually did an awesome job of making the size of the front tires and wheels look pretty much to scale. Not sure if the front wheels/tires would fit on the current 1/12th scale pan car front suspensions though. But at least it's a good start. Hope this helps you out.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:46 AM
Tech Regular

Sorry to say after doing more research, the F&R rubber tires are discontinued. The 2010 re-released Tyrell car, which is still available, only comes with foam tires. My bad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.