Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic E4RSII

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 12:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Phil2112
spacendeman
The car looks very nice! hmm making choices now.. but don't know :-)
thanks for the pictures!
Old 01-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evoracer
You apparently never drove or looked at the E4 layout. Don't get me wrong, I can see where the 3 belt design might have some drawbacks but the E4 handling was fantastic once you started to understand the different dynamics at work. As for your engineering theory...inertia is only one property at work when dealing with the mechanics of automotive suspensions.
And the comments about most tc's looking alike is very true. In many cases it comes down to particulars of the design but primarily how well the manufacturer supports it. TM dropped the ball with the E4 in this country. My confidence, or lack of it, won't let me justify buying a clone car from a company with such little vision. Sorry TM....Epic Fail !
Epic Fail....? Seriously?
TM is the white car tht starts in last place and finishes 1st. Red car is Photon and Blue car Associated. Xrays are the pink and black cars. The rest are phontons.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DcpsUksFOQ

By the way... TM not only won the Amain but it also won the Bmain...
Old 01-10-2012, 11:50 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

The new TM magic TC is the best car I have ever owned. And I have owned Tamiya 417, serpent s411, Top photon and associated TC5. It outperforms any of them straight out of the box. Also, Wolf Hobbies is good so far for parts support.

BTW I was the B-main winner. Shoulda been 1-2 finish in the A, but qualifying with new guys was very tough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz4b4...layer_embedded
Old 01-11-2012, 10:52 AM
Tech Adept

Hello everybody,

You can find here some setups and a revised blank setup sheet with more adjustement possibilities: http://blog.hrcdistribution.com/?page_id=120

You also could find assembling tips here: http://blog.hrcdistribution.com/?page_id=171

New setups and tips will be posted soon.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RC Infos
Hello everybody,

You can find here some setups and a revised blank setup sheet with more adjustement possibilities: http://blog.hrcdistribution.com/?page_id=120

You also could find assembling tips here: http://blog.hrcdistribution.com/?page_id=171

New setups and tips will be posted soon.

Thanx... will give these setups a shot.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Phil2112
Epic Fail....? Seriously?
TM is the white car tht starts in last place and finishes 1st. Red car is Photon and Blue car Associated. Xrays are the pink and black cars. The rest are phontons.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DcpsUksFOQ

By the way... TM not only won the Amain but it also won the Bmain...
Yowsa ! No offense meant and I'm glad you guys are liking the new car but no one has, as yet,
made any comments as to just WHAT differences in this car make it any different or better than the other clones.
I've never denied TM's quality. I thought the E4 was a real quality item with some great engineering.
And THAT is the only reason I said what I said.
The E4 was unique and had some truly unique qualities in handling that made it worth supporting TM.
So tell me why I should buy the new car vs. any number of others that are better supported and have at least equal performance ??
No real need to answer.
It's just a clarification of the point I was trying to make and why I wouldn't support the new car.

Last edited by Evoracer; 01-12-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jamison R
The new TM magic TC is the best car I have ever owned. And I have owned Tamiya 417, serpent s411, Top photon and associated TC5. It outperforms any of them straight out of the box. Also, Wolf Hobbies is good so far for parts support.

BTW I was the B-main winner. Shoulda been 1-2 finish in the A, but qualifying with new guys was very tough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz4b4...layer_embedded
Can you elaborate on that?

I've noticed your posts in the s411 thread before. People have said that the s411 is good, how is the TM better? Also have you ever had an XRay and if so, how is it better than the XRay?

Also, is Wolf Hobbies the only US source for these things or are there others now?
Old 01-12-2012, 07:11 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Can you elaborate on that?

I've noticed your posts in the s411 thread before. People have said that the s411 is good, how is the TM better? Also have you ever had an XRay and if so, how is it better than the XRay?

Also, is Wolf Hobbies the only US source for these things or are there others now?
I have nEver owned an X-ray. SO can't compare wih that. Straight out of box, kit set up is dialed. All the other cars are good as well. Just takes a bit more set up work and testing. Wolf hobbies is the only us distributer I know of. They ship very quick.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Evoracer
The E4 was unique and had some truly unique qualities in handling that made it worth supporting TM.
So tell me why I should buy the new car vs. any number of others that are better supported and have at least equal performance ??
Why ?

-The car looks similar to other, but they are all unique. I'm sure that everybody who has experience in RC car could understand than similar layout don't mean "same performance / same handling". The Flex of the E4RS II is more symetrical than any other car. The flex setting possibilities are also different, with the system of "no flex interference" I developped on the Nuremberg 2011 prototype for the flex point you could decide to use or not.

-The car is off course very different than the E4RS. The E4RS was for sure interesting for its very special layout. But it was +/- 100g heavier than the E4RS II, making it very difficult reach the minimum weight. It was also too hard... it is simply impossible to get the flex on a E4RS we created on the E4RS II, event with highly softer chassis / upper deck and totally revised bulkhead I had in 2011.

-In terms of performance... my lap record, after 18 months with E4RS and E4RS Prototype at my local track was 8'031 (13.5 / 0° fixed timing). Only 2 top drivers was under the 8 second barrier... so my lap record wasn't ridiculous. The week-end I got the new E4RS II, I made... (I'm searching on my "test book" !) 8'024 at the second run, 7'933 at the fourth... with "kit setup" + Kfactory prototype spool. The next week-end, with revised setup, I made 7'842 at the third run, and 7'821 at the sixth run... which is the track record for the 13.5 Stock category. So, yes the E4RS II is clearly more performing than E4RS... a lot more I expected.

-In terms of handling, the E4RS II is a lot more predictable than the E4RS. Even with a "bad setup", it is possible and easy to drive it, as the "possible setup" range is a lot wider than the E4RS. It's also easier to work on the car, especially on these points: motor access, transmission access (not only due to 2 belts vs 3, but also due to the absence of the *%ç&*% O-rings on the pulleys !), anti roll bar setup (it was very difficult to obtain perfectly symmetric bars on the E4). Adjustment are also more easy and had more possibilities (especially on steering system). Droop adjustment is a lot more consistent due to the modification of screw size and screw location... it never change during an entire day on the E4RS II... when I had to verify it after each run on E4RS.

This car is "the one" I waited for, and it's only the start of its life
Old 01-13-2012, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Cars great!!

Last edited by Phil2112; 01-24-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:56 AM
Tech Regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51fwj...layer_embedded

Had a rough day of qualiying... started the B-main at the front. The orange car is the E4RSII. Think Ill be softening up the setup alittle bit for the next race. Been messing around with small change here and there but I think I've decided n what I wanna stick with.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Just got mine put together gotta get a body on it and do some tweaking. I am very pleased with the build, went together very well. Cant wait to get it out on the track
Old 02-17-2012, 06:38 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

It's a very good car with stock set up!
Old 02-20-2012, 10:31 AM
Tech Adept

Patrick Gassauer joins Team Magic in Touring Car category.

After successful test,s Patrick Gassauer choose the new Team Magic E4RS II as weapon for 2012 in 1/10 Touring Car electric category. Patrick always shows superb performances to enter A-Mains at nationals and European championships. HRC Distribution and Team Magic are looking forward to have some nice time and strong collaboration with this very talented driver.

Picture shows Patrick Gassauer on our booth at the 2012 Nuremberg Toy Fair.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:33 AM
Tech Adept

Team Magic E4RS II dominates round 4 of Swiss Indoor Championship

In the Pro Stock category, Team Magic driver Lionel Troyon shows all the potential of the all new Team Magic E4RS II by dominating all the race week-end.

After his double victory the last week at the MTCC Challenge, Lionel tried new setups solutions on Wednesday between the races and set a new track record in Pro Stock category during his tests.

At the Swiss Indoor Championship, Lionel increased his performances of the last race by almost 2 complete laps ! He managed the pole position by three runs of 52 laps while all the other A-finalists realized 50 laps runs.

During the finals, Lionel managed the overall victory ahead a very hard battle for the podium between young talented driver Noah Asendorf, Nuño Santos, Rolland Kupper and Jordy Dubuis.

Final results:
1. Lionel Troyon – Team Magic E4RS II
2. Noah Asendorf – Corally
3. Nuño Santos – Xray
4. Roland Kupper – Schumacher
5. Jordy Dubuis – Team Magic E4RS II
6. Donato Larocca – Serpent
7. Tom Eicher – Xray
8. Florian Oellig – Xray

Team Magic E4RS II setup of Lionel can be found on the setups page of our blog.

A very great race week-end for the Team HRC Distribution / Team Magic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.