Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New 2.4ghz Radio Good/Bad?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 03:48 AM
Tech Adept

Default New 2.4ghz Radio Good/Bad?

Looking to Purchase one, but read that there was problems at the Indoor Champs with some hits. Is the Problem solved?
I was at the On-road Worlds and there wasn't any problem.
Old 12-03-2004, 04:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

They were not used at all at the champs. The Losi guys started taking them out the week before when they were at Toledo. I didn't ask why though.
Old 12-03-2004, 04:58 AM
Tech Adept

The problem was with pre-production units. They would go into fail-safe mode. The problem has been fixed.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:47 AM
Tech Adept

2.4GHz ? Same band as blue-tooth and wireless lan ? will they interference each other ? (like blue-tooth will suffer from micro-wave oven interference) Not sure about the technology behind though.

Seems that the new radio will assign channel automatically, that's a BIG plus.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

They make a statement like NO Hits and Glitch free, I will try one and if it does get glitched or hit I will send it in for a refund do to false advertisement. I have used the Novak system and had nothing but trouble with it (+ the receiver is too big) anyhow Horizon has been doing R&D on the Spectrum for some time now and has had great reveiws from the likes of Brian Kinwald and others from Team Losi. I trust that it has been put through the ringer and been tested well enough to know if it will suffer from the same likes as other radio systems.
Stephen <><
Old 12-03-2004, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: New 2.4ghz Radio Good/Bad?

Originally posted by scarecrow
Looking to Purchase one, but read that there was problems at the Indoor Champs with some hits. Is the Problem solved?
I was at the On-road Worlds and there wasn't any problem.
The system doesn't glitch. The frequency is higher than the highest interference frequency that the normal systems suffer from.

BTW Alot of your questions can be answered here.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=52760
Old 12-03-2004, 07:31 AM
Tech Initiate

I've been told the technology is spread spectrum so it jumps in and out of a range of frequencies so the chances of interference can be reduced since it doesn't say in a specific frequency for too long. And it's also a digital transmission, I'm sure they need to comply with the 2.4Ghz standards for "collision avoidance" and stuff like that to get approved. So it shouldn't have a problem with cordless phones, wireless routers or stuff like that... As for microwaves.... I'm not sure about that.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:43 AM
Tech Initiate

I've been told the technology is spread spectrum so it jumps in and out of a range of frequencies so the chances of interference can be reduced since it doesn't say in a specific frequency for too long. And it's also a digital transmission, I'm sure they need to comply with the 2.4Ghz standards for "collision avoidance" and stuff like that to get approved. So it shouldn't have a problem with cordless phones, wireless routers or stuff like that... As for microwaves.... I'm not sure about that.
Old 12-04-2004, 03:38 AM
Tech Adept

The System look pretty good. Hope it works as well as they say.
Thanks
Old 12-04-2004, 05:55 AM
Tech Addict

Another good thing about this new 2.4ghz band is less people on the 27mhz and 75 mhz bands. Less glitching for everyone.
Old 12-04-2004, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

I heard about the Clevland issue and was suppries to hear about it. Form what I hear there were a lot of drivers using the system at the World's with no issues...World's was before Clevland!
Old 12-04-2004, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

what is this "cleveland issue"? unless their are 81 people using a spectrum transmitter thingy at any one time then nobody should be glitching

as there are 79 permanent channels, and 80th which is temporary (if tall the other 79 are taken up, the 80th is used until a free channel in the other 79 is available) so if your the 82st person than your unlucky

if it ever becomes legal in the BRCA events (or is it already allowed? ) then i may consider one, as its a damn site easier then switching crystals all the time..and you can test your car in the pits at any time you want...sounds pretty cool.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I will stick with what is proven for now... good ole 27meg
Old 12-05-2004, 01:16 AM
Tech Master

I can't wait to get the Spektrum system.No more crystals!
Old 12-05-2004, 01:35 AM
Tech Elite

ok i want one. were can i get one for a mars ex10? (the old orange version prior to the mars R)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.