Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
The Bob Stormer "Radio Control History" project.  Needs you! >

The Bob Stormer "Radio Control History" project. Needs you!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Bob Stormer "Radio Control History" project. Needs you!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You know, for some reason I always thought that a "dorkmissile" was a car with too much power and a bad driver who had no fear of the trigger. Neeeer-BOOM Neeeer-BOOM Neeeer-BOOM is the sound it makes as it accelerates and crashes, and your afraid to lap him because he will probably collect you against the board.

I had never heard of that crazy guy on a dance floor thing, maybe thats for people who remember disco.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris K
I will be glad to help in any way possible - and that may be in furnishing scans of articles from now defunct magazines! BUT, I'll be glad to help in any way that I can! I'm still working full time and still racing (or my version thereof!) as often as possible!

Chris Kovachevich

You in. Somebody get this guy a hardhat.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:16 AM
Tech Adept

Default gobble gobble

Originally Posted by RacinJ
Team Dorkmissle, National Champions.

Yeah Baby!!!!
Old 11-07-2011, 04:16 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well thatīs a very interesting project!
Just found this thread and already saved it to my favourites. I have read a lot of your postings here and at RC10Talk and always thought it would be interesting seeing your collection of cars.

Iīm racing since 1978 but Iīm not from the USA but always have followed the US racing scene at magazines and internet. I have seen Mike Reedy several times at large races in Europe and had a good contact with Big Jim so this really was hard when he passed away unexpected some years ago. I still have some stuff from him laying here.

Regarding pictures from the Predator if you donīt have any please contact me.

Iīm also a big fan of pancars as thatīs what I started with and still racing but collect them just since this year. So have just a fraction of yours but some I like a lot as the Deltas, the TRC Pro12, the first Hyperdrive H10 and as for small companies you mentiond a RaceCo 1/12th. And the AYK, the Mugen 1/12th .........

BTW pancars 1/10th 235mm are not dead. These are still raced at least in Germany and the Netherlands. Not indoors but outdoors where they belong.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Default Visited Glasgow,Montana once...

you wouldn't believe Bob's basement! i'm sure we will one day see a Stormer RC Museum! Did you ever get your street renamed like you wanted to?
Old 11-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dork Missile
you wouldn't believe Bob's basement! i'm sure we will one day see a Stormer RC Museum! Did you ever get your street renamed like you wanted to?
That was 20 years ago Now it's organized chaos over running a different building. I think in 2-4 years I can get it pretty ironed out. Tough to figure out how to display everything so you can see it well, and then be able to reach out and touch it. If you can't touch it or handle it, I'm not as interested. This also leads to problems with my arch enemy... dust. And he's winning. ...lol... I've built a lot of the older kits that a hardcore collector would faint to see happen. But they're doing it for money. I'm not doing it for money or because I hope the kit will be worth more money down the road in the package. I wanna build it and show it off and hand it to somebody. Everytime I'm having a bad day, I just pick up an old relic and the history, fun, stories are all right there. Puts a smile on my face every time. What fun is a box with the cool part hiding inside? Get that thing OUTTA THERE!!! Let's build it and enjoy it.

These are off my phone. I was in there last night, here's a few fun things.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:48 PM
Tech Addict

do you have one of those Kyosho 4wd 1/12 scale cars? i happen to have spotted one recently.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dork Missile
do you have one of those Kyosho 4wd 1/12 scale cars? i happen to have spotted one recently.
I have parts, not a whole car. I think my problem with those is we really never ran those, so I don't have an emotional attachment to them. Would like one if the price were right.

I really have to go look. A guy offered me a Kyosho Axis... and I'm like yea, that would be great be cool to see one in person... turns out, I already had one. That's what I'm up against.

I think I need a spreadsheet thing, or need to start alphabetizing them. They're not all in one spot, or even in the same building now.

I'm confident I don't have the 4wd 1/12 as a whole car. Johnny wishbone has 10 of them he uses to level up his coffee table.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
I think I need a spreadsheet thing, or need to start alphabetizing them. They're not all in one spot, or even in the same building now.
Really something you should do for yourself. I have a spreadsheet I use for my WWII Rifle collection, and it's a great way to keep tabs without a lot of guesswork about what you have, or need/want to pick up in the future.

If you add pictures for each car, the file size can grow pretty large, so watch out for that. Once you get the basic sheet started, it's fairly simple to add macros to make searching for a particular car really easy.

On my rifle sheet, I have things like: type, Arsenal/Factory of origin, approximate date of manufacture, caliber, serial number, storage location, as well as a photo.

For your RC collection, I think a good start would be: brand, scale, model, approximate date of manufacture, drive train type, storage/display location, Notes/distinguishing features, and a photo or 2. Once that's done, it's usually a fairly straightforward process to get it into a web format, if you wanted to do that.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:34 AM
Tech Adept

I think i have a Schumacher 1/12th fiberglass "1981?"car in the basement missing the axle..hmm anyone know of someone who may want this? I think the tires slide off the rimms...
Old 11-08-2011, 09:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cookie1
I think i have a Schumacher 1/12th fiberglass "1981?"car in the basement missing the axle..hmm anyone know of someone who may want this? I think the tires slide off the rimms...
That is funny since it was Schumacher who did the first rear axle diffs
Old 11-08-2011, 10:09 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Iīm interested please send me a PM. Canīt find email or PM at your account.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Send it over. I'll take it.

Davis told me he thought you had one.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11257

Interesting thread there, seems Gil Losi Sr. owned the Del Mar Skate Park and Jr. made his first off-road track there. Their skateboard brand had a deck called the "Street Weapon."
I remember seeing that ad in Transworld, or maybe it was Thrasher...

Anyways, back on topic
Old 11-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
I remember seeing that ad in Transworld, or maybe it was Thrasher...

Anyways, back on topic

You're still quite on topic. The street weapon deck became the street weapon car, as I understand it. That's cool information, and the stuff I'd like to eventually preserve somewhere.

Gonna be tough to whittle down everybodys great storys. Mercifully, I type quickly. Or "woefully" depending on your perspective.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.