Indoor Champs vs. Snowbirds

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Indoor Champs vs. Snowbirds

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

one word describes why the birds is a far beter race every year!

"oval" they don't offer it at the champs.... zoooooooooooooom zoooooooooom zoooooooooooooom
Old 12-06-2004, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by UCHEATULOSE
one word describes why the birds is a far beter race every year!

"oval" they don't offer it at the champs.... zoooooooooooooom zoooooooooom zoooooooooooooom
Oddly the lack of Oval is just one reason I think the Champs is the Superior race. Plus Where else do you get the level of announcing you get at the Champs LOL!
Old 12-06-2004, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Ian, Kenny and Dave do an awsome job handling the heats at the Birds. Then there was the abusive announcer on Saturday night at the Champs. Ian, you and John should NEVER let that guy announce again. I don't care if the speakers belong to him.

But then as a participant in KayoKi announcing on Thursday night, there is some good announcing at the Champs as well.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:22 PM
Tech Adept

After about a 10 year abcense, I went back to Cleveland this year. I had fun, but I have to say that Florida in February is pretty awsome.

I did attend the Champs for a few years back when it was just 12th scale, and before there was a masters class. You either ran stock or mod. That's it, one class. And there were always 320 entries. We still ran until the wee hours of the morning and thrashed on cars the rest of the night. It was the same back then, the competition was brutal.

I went to the Snowbirds a couple of years ago and had a blast. Snow, sleet and ice here in Ohio, and shorts and t-shirts in Florida!!! The oval program gives the on-road only racers a nice break. I've given up racing oval, but it is nice to watch, and the competition at the Snowbirds sure makes it a ton of fun to watch.

The only bad thing about the Snowbirds is that it is really a full week of racing. You need to be there and ready to run on Tuesday. But other than that, if I had to choose one as the best, the Snowbirds would get my vote.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

After attending cleveland this year for the first time I can compare. Who ever said the competition isnt tight at the birds! they havent been to both. How can that comment have been said when 90% percent of the road racers attending from up north! The same guys that run the champs. As far as fun the birds take it.

For prestige being the oldest race probably the champs I have been reading about it since the mid eighties.

But for overall expieriance diffinatly the BIRDS! It seems like for once almost everyone has agreed!
Old 12-07-2004, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by davidl
Ian, Kenny and Dave do an awsome job handling the heats at the Birds. Then there was the abusive announcer on Saturday night at the Champs. Ian, you and John should NEVER let that guy announce again. I don't care if the speakers belong to him.

But then as a participant in KayoKi announcing on Thursday night, there is some good announcing at the Champs as well.
Dave, my post was purely sarcastic. I know that Kenny and Mike put on an awesome show. I get ABSOLUTLEY NO SLEEP at the Champs, and I know that the 'birds would be even worse. I'm a diehard roadcourse racer and I just can't see spending all that time there for the Oval prtion of the event. I also detest Florida.

Bring on the Indoor World Champs in VEGAS baby!
Old 12-07-2004, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

adding another qualifyer for the birds X 800+ entries. equals more lack of sleep, and more time...

P.S. OVAL is the best part of the birds... it seems to be the only race, thats shows how big oval really is... There are to many other big races each year, with 10 diff sanctioning bodies.. this is the big one and the real deal....
Old 12-07-2004, 02:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by CypressMidWest
Bring on the Indoor World Champs in VEGAS baby!
The best part about this race......NO Oval....

Both races have good and bad points and they are both ran and anounced great. It does seem like the birds is the only Oval race that gets more then 100 people to show up. I wonder why that is? Anyway if I could afford to go to both I would, you can and will have a great time at both if you can afford to go to both.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Cypress- Detest Florida? Why? Girls too good looking? Too much to do? Weather too nice? Not enough Ice, snow and sleet on the roads? LOL!!!!!
Old 12-07-2004, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

I like snow