Wiki Posts
Search

Time to upgrade my batteries.

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 11:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
The dyno, and track testing shows the RevTech to have a pretty significant advantage over the D3.

Newer 40c is still not like the TP65c, believe me. I run 12th scale mostly, and you can feel the slightest difference in batteries because the car is so light. I have IP 50c, TP40c, TP65c and CRC 6300 50c, and the CRC pack is BY FAR the fastest. I have also run the CRC 5600 65c packs, and they are faster still. The clock doesn't lie.
im about to start running 12th scale soon,i cant wait.im saying the tp 40c is considerably weaker than the ip 60c for sure.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kman16jr
im about to start running 12th scale soon,i cant wait.im saying the tp 40c is considerably weaker than the ip 60c for sure.
Agreed. You'll LOVE 12th scale. More track time, less maintenance, and generally better racing. ALL GOOD!!!
Old 09-10-2011, 10:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I feel that all the packs mentioned here are good performers, but have they withstood the test of time ? How is their puffing up reputation ? How about testing with tc mod cars rather than 12scale? What about mandatory standardized tests with battery stickers for all lipo manufacturers ? As of now, my only way to pick a good brand is to follow their puffing up rep, and see what the top guys are running ! Thunderpower leads the pack ! Also, Paul Lemieux won the Nats with Thunderpower, eventhough he was not the fastest, and that 's enough for me to choose Tp !!!!
Old 09-10-2011, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

IMO A good quality new battery will always feel better than an old one even if the new pack happen's to have a lower c rating. I would not discout some of these newer low c rating stock spec packs from Thunder power and Revtech. I have been using Thunder power batteries in 17.5 boosted tc without issue for the last 18 months going from G4 40c to G5 50c and G6 65c. Having to purchase new packs recently and having tested a few mates packs including the new LRP 6300 packs and the 60c Revtech packs, I am now using a Revtech 28c pack and it has provided me with more consistent and just as fast a lap times over 6 minutes. I think this is due to the motor and speedy not being over powered by the 65c pack at the start of the race and because of this not using excessive mah out of the pack early and giving you better power at the end of the run.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

IMO the best Lipo available in market is the Thunder Power Pro Race G6 65C 5300Mah. I've used ALL kinds of different Lipos and found these to be the most consistent, durable and puff resistant. With the right charger you can easily charge them @ 10amps without issues...even more if you want. Currently I have 3 in my rotation and HUNDREDS of charges...they still feel the same as when I first bought them.

That's my 2cents.

Cheers