Need serious help NOW!!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need serious help NOW!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 09:06 AM
Tech Adept

I'm hoping I get a chance to go to the track before the winter weather hits. I finally got my car running, have a hugh freshly paved parking lot, and it's raining.

Either way, I can wait, I think. I'm already thinking of my next car. Am I enjoying this too much???
Old 11-12-2004, 09:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The probelm with reverse is you don't get the same feel for braking you do when you're using a competition ESC. You'll want to learn how to be gentle with the brakes instead of slamming on them. If you're in a wide open lot, there shouldn't be anything for you to run into and get the car stuck on so reverse shouldn't be needed.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by jkerr0043
The probelm with reverse is you don't get the same feel for braking you do when you're using a competition ESC. You'll want to learn how to be gentle with the brakes instead of slamming on them. If you're in a wide open lot, there shouldn't be anything for you to run into and get the car stuck on so reverse shouldn't be needed.
yeah right, if there is something in that parking lot it will get hit. I let me good friend drive my nitro car. The parking lot was huge!!! Only thing that was in it was one telephone pole, and guess what he hit it! Since the car was coming towards him, he thought turning the steering wheel right would make the car go left and advoid the pole, nope. He turned the steering wheel right, car went right and crash. LOL Newbies
Old 11-12-2004, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by jigga21
I'm hoping I get a chance to go to the track before the winter weather hits. I finally got my car running, have a hugh freshly paved parking lot, and it's raining.

Either way, I can wait, I think. I'm already thinking of my next car. Am I enjoying this too much???
No need to wait buddy. Your solution is called an indoor carpet track! These races are not affected by the weather! Where in NJ are you, I can point you in the right direction to where a track is.

John
Old 11-13-2004, 12:40 AM
Tech Elite

Another thing. Be careful when you run a competition car like that in an unprepared parking lot. Watch for small pebbles that can get caught in the belt. You can do some expensive damage real quick. Good luck.
Old 11-13-2004, 07:57 AM
Tech Adept

I'm located in Essex County of New Jersey. I can pretty much go just about anyplace in Northern New Jersey.