Surikarn Goes Hotbodies/hpi

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Surikarn Goes Hotbodies/hpi

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

Well I have heard that it is NOT for MONEY OR that the new suspesion or car is no good . It's for a different reason all together

Rick I got your PM but at the moment I'm not sure if I'm wnting to do Eurocup if they are running nitros as well but if I do i'll email you

Alan
Old 11-10-2004, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

hara and surikarn together... that's a very good tandem...

I'm still wondering how come Surikarn drove a shaft car in the worlds when he got good results using the 415 at Reedy's. Also he's been known to favor belt drives over shafts... he was quoted saying he preferred the 414 over the Evo3 last year...

Old 11-10-2004, 10:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The driver that did a lot of Tamiya's testing at FTR felt the Evo 4 was faster. Surikarn took that testing info and decided to run the Evo. Marc thought the 415 was faster, that's why he decided to run that
Old 11-10-2004, 10:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Surikarn + Hara = deadly combo. HPI is really gearing up to conquer the racing world. Congrats Karn.
Old 11-10-2004, 10:38 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Rick Draper
Guess it was time for a change, wonder how long they will keep hold of marc for now?. Rick
I think Marc feels good with Tamiya. Also he and and his father are longtime Tamiya fans. As long as he will have the car he wants using there will be no reason leaving Tamiya.
Old 11-10-2004, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

Last edited by MIKA; 11-10-2004 at 11:24 AM.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by Rookie Solara
I am sure it is not money.....this is RC racing, not NASCAR or F1 racing.....
Beside, I don't think you can compare HPI to Tamiya....Tamiya is way bigger in any aspect over HPI, so, paying the driver more then any other MFR is not Tamiya's problem.
Are you serious? Money may not have been the deciding factor in this situation but it has been in many other situations where drivers go from one team to another.
Old 11-10-2004, 12:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Evo_Uk
do you know how much Surikarn got with tamiya? a hell of a bloody lot!!!
Actually, I would like to know...any ball park figure? 100G a year? If that is the case..........all my college education, Master, professionally licensing and such are total WASTE.........I should play RC everyday since I was 6 and try to be like HARA....

Again, I just want to know their salary, a ball park figure.
Old 11-10-2004, 12:41 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Rookie Solara
I am sure it is not money.....this is RC racing, not NASCAR or F1 racing.....
Beside, I don't think you can compare HPI to Tamiya....Tamiya is way bigger in any aspect over HPI, so, paying the driver more then any other MFR is not Tamiya's problem.
In my opinion, HPI-Orion is way bigger than Tamiya in competition RC business. Anyone knows is he also driving the Hot Bodies buggy car? Maybe he's looking for another alternative since he still aren't get sponsored by Mugen yet... How about 1/10th?
Old 11-10-2004, 12:47 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by rough512
I'm still wondering how come Surikarn drove a shaft car in the worlds when he got good results using the 415 at Reedy's. Also he's been known to favor belt drives over shafts... he was quoted saying he preferred the 414 over the Evo3 last year...

Hmmm, marketing strategy?
Old 11-10-2004, 12:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Talking hmmm

I wonder what type of paint design he will run now that he`s not running for Tamiya
-Dave
Old 11-10-2004, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Cool if it is true
Old 11-10-2004, 12:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by jkerr0043
Are you serious? Money may not have been the deciding factor in this situation but it has been in many other situations where drivers go from one team to another.
Of course, I would not say I disagree.........but look at this, Atsushi and Sarikarn (for example) were offered 100G a year each plus bonus plus benifit (shared profit) by someone said....Duratrax....to develope more RTR buggy, on-road and monster truck, but no need to develpe something to RACE or need to fly around the world to RACE.

What is the chance that they will join that company.......again, 100G a year.......(I know I would cause 100G is way more important then racing for me cause I am not good at all).
Old 11-10-2004, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Rookie Solara - Only a select few get paid on a yearly basis(as far as I know). It's generally for winning or A-mains at big races. Alot of drivers just get free equipment and travel.
Old 11-10-2004, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was at the Worlds this year and after talking to a few people I understand that r/c companies mainly pay their drivers their expenses for participating to an event, for example spare parts and equipment. If they are lucky the sponsored drivers also have their hotels and travelling expenses paid for them.

Only drivers that are also employees of a company have an actually sallary, or get paid for their achievements. I could get more specific but I think I should not, because I might create misunderstandings...

There might be some exceptions, but I doubt it.

For someone like Surikarn to change teams I think it is a matter of chances to win. And I am sure that if Surikarn was using a TRF 415 MS he would have better chances. Don't get me wrong, both TAMIYA cars are great, it is just for that particular event the TRF 415 was a better car.
For some reason Surikarn could not change to that car. I was sitting right next to him and still I don't know the reason he could not race with a TRF 415. But I can tell you he was not happy.

I think that the factor that attracted Surikarn to HPI, was the team work they have. They seemed to be so well organized. I mean they had 3 cars in the final with drivers from 3 different continents, HARA for U.S., DAISUKE from JAPAN, MOORE from U.K.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.