Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Top touring car as of right now.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 02:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would have to include the Awesomatix A700 to that list, if the Russian genius can figure out how and when to release it !!! It is currently racing in the Ets series in Europe, and does well enough to be in the Amain most of the time...
Old 07-02-2011, 02:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by wtcc
In Germany the X-Ray T3'11 is the most popular car, directly followed by Tamiya 417 and HB TCX. In our most popular series the LRP-HPI-Challenge these three cars always make the top five. The X-Ray seems to be the one with the widest setup range making the german drivers happy. The HB TCX seems to be very easy to setup also. With the Tamiya 417/416 I see many drivers search for a setup very long or the car has to be forced around the track. The Yokomo drivers are rare but can be found everywhere in the lists after the race.
I for myself own and drive a TC6 and love the car. I haven't won a race with it, but was always in the top six since I have it. Its setup window is also very wide.

In conclusion the german list in my eyes would look like that:
1. X-Ray
2. HB
3. Tamiya
4. Yokomo
5. 3racing
6. TOP
7. Kyosho
8. Team Associated
9. Schumacher
Thank you for contributing! The X ray seems to get so much love all around the world
Old 07-02-2011, 02:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by chief1476
TOP PHOTON!!!! I like the top photon, easy build, easy to work on, and easy to drive. Parts support is great from top usa, i live in VA, top usa is in CA. I order and 2 days later i got my parts. Cost 5 dollars for shipping(thanks OD). i only order from top usa if my lhs don't have the parts. Plus they don't come out with a new car every year, they just upgrade on what they got. Parts are cheap also.
How long have you been driving it?
Old 07-02-2011, 03:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jordanjester
How long have you been driving it?
Year and a half, had no problems and is very competitive. i just recently went to the narrow chassis, and loving it even more. the other cars i have had tc4(what i started with) ran the corally phi, and the corally 09(hated them), what got me to the photon was local driver was running one and beating everyone. got one and haven't looked back yet. i don't see myself driving anything else for a while.

almost forgot, i converted one of my photons to cefx evo, and quickly traded it for a photon. didn't like the evo.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'm asking because i want to know, it IS a valid question because i believe at some point you will see 1 car dominate. Maybe not for too long, but i'm sure it will happen/already has. And honestly I just wanted to talk about the top kits ATM. I'm not buying anything, I run a T1 sir ;].
He Said ATM! Awesome
Old 07-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (75%+)

Thank you for contributing! The X ray seems to get so much love all around the world
xray seems popular everywhere but they have new model every year. that means they will have new model in 2-3 months. its also pretty expensive imo. the good side of xray is they are sold and very durable. race ready right out of the box. btw i drive tcx
Old 07-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG
He Said ATM! Awesome
what?
Old 07-02-2011, 06:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by chief1476
Year and a half, had no problems and is very competitive. i just recently went to the narrow chassis, and loving it even more. the other cars i have had tc4(what i started with) ran the corally phi, and the corally 09(hated them), what got me to the photon was local driver was running one and beating everyone. got one and haven't looked back yet. i don't see myself driving anything else for a while.

almost forgot, i converted one of my photons to cefx evo, and quickly traded it for a photon. didn't like the evo.
It's seem the photon can do no wrong! to tell the truth i haven't even looked at the evo It doesn't interest me much.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

I drive a TCX in mod and I realy love it, going from the T3'11 to the TCX was a very god move for me.
Btw the best xray is the t2'08/09
Old 07-02-2011, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Some thoughts ...

The best TC is the one that has the best setup and the best driver wheeling it around the track at any given race. All the TC's basically share the same design. Give the resident fast guy or a pro a new chassis and he'll still be fast, the chassis may change but the setup knowledge and driving ability do not.

One TC to rule them all ...

Have you ever seen the pro's go at it? They are all seperated by fractions of a second. At that level, if one of them gets off the groove by a couple inches then that results in a second place finish. What if one of them traction rolls, do you blame the car or the setup or the driver? All you see is that the XYZ car won the race, but you don't see that second place was 1 tenth behind after getting into some trouble off the start. It is like that at most major races.

Don't be fooled by the pro's cars either. Do you think that you can buy the exact car that the pro's use? Think again. These guys have one-off and prototype parts especially made for them by the factory. Special chassis, top decks, motor mounts, CVD materials, to name a few. You don't think if Hara asked Hot Boddies for a special chassis, he would not have it overnight by FedEx to the track he is at? The manufacturers will do anything for these guys cause whatever car wins on Sunday, sells on Monday and inspires rctech topics on Tuesday.

Besides, the best TC at my track is the one that finishes first, and that changes all the time.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ByteStream
Some thoughts ...

Don't be fooled by the pro's cars either. Do you think that you can buy the exact car that the pro's use? Think again. These guys have one-off and prototype parts especially made for them by the factory. Special chassis, top decks, motor mounts, CVD materials, to name a few.

Agreed, with all but this part. Most of the time, the one-off protoype stuff is more of a problem than an advantage. Alot of work goes into the testing/ trial and error of these parts before they are intergrated into the mainstream. In reality, most of the top tear drivers could get a shoebox around the track fast. Their skill and talent, is what makes them the usefull racer to test these parts. In fact, ave joe racer can do all that above on his own if he or she wishes.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:54 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Some thoughts ...

The best TC is the one that has the best setup and the best driver wheeling it around the track at any given race. All the TC's basically share the same design. Give the resident fast guy or a pro a new chassis and he'll still be fast, the chassis may change but the setup knowledge and driving ability do not.
This +1

For me, the best car currently is the LRP S10 Blasct TC 2.4 RTR, i run it in stock for novices and beat guys with Xrays's, TC6's and Shumachers. All i have changed on it i tires, pinion and lipo batteries.

As ByteStream was saying, the best is all about perspective, and the best pro car was the one that won the world titles, but seeing that many of us are not pro and do not care to be pro and will most likely only ever drive club at one or maybe even two tracks, the best car for us is most likley to be something other than what is the best pro car.

For us sportsman type racers, the best car is the one that is going to bring you the most enjoyment out of your sport, for some it might be having the most expensive car, or cheapest car, or one that never breaks or has cheep parts, for some its the meta racing of having a bazillion hopups and other bling to make the car look good rather than perform its best.

For me, well, its just having fun and hanging out with the guys, don't care if i win, run mid pack or come last as long as it was fun. My days of racing for sheep stations is well and truly over, i raced speedway, long track and short circuit bikes for more than 20 years and now its time just to have fun. At least when i crash my RC i am not going to break a leg or smash up a shoulder. HEH
Old 07-02-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Different perspective to your question. Xray has been a dominant force for several years. Very well built with good materials and always fast out of the box. Downside is the price of parts. Otherwise, great car.
The Photon has definitely climbed into the mainstream and has done extremely well on the National level. Good quality, easy to drive and outstanding customer service from TOP USA.
The current hot item seems to be the TC6. I haven't seen any of the local owners complain about the car and all have done well with it. I thought the TC5 was a POS so it's nice to see Associated with a competitive car on the market.
We have 1 TCX in the area and he's not happy with it. Local Tamiya owner dropped it like a bad habit and bought the new Serpent. (waiting on parts support, but a nice looking car)

Short answer to your question. Locally the order of dominance with regards to number of cars at the track.

1. Photon (by a long shot)
2. TC6 (latest trend)
3. Xray (old faithful)
Old 07-02-2011, 07:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by stiltskin
Different perspective to your question. Xray has been a dominant force for several years. Very well built with good materials and always fast out of the box. Downside is the price of parts. Otherwise, great car.
The Photon has definitely climbed into the mainstream and has done extremely well on the National level. Good quality, easy to drive and outstanding customer service from TOP USA.
The current hot item seems to be the TC6. I haven't seen any of the local owners complain about the car and all have done well with it. I thought the TC5 was a POS so it's nice to see Associated with a competitive car on the market.
We have 1 TCX in the area and he's not happy with it. Local Tamiya owner dropped it like a bad habit and bought the new Serpent. (waiting on parts support, but a nice looking car)

Short answer to your question. Locally the order of dominance with regards to number of cars at the track.

1. Photon (by a long shot)
2. TC6 (latest trend)
3. Xray (old faithful)
your feedback is exactly what I'm looking for!
and not to bother but are you driving a photon as well?
X-ray put's out great kits, but man it's nice to see people choose the photon over the t3.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Some thoughts ...

Besides, the best TC at my track is the one that finishes first, and that changes all the time.
This.

That's what I'm looking, for the cars either getting used or winning the most.
What's working for us, club racers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.