Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TRF415 or Mi2?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 07:45 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have owned and raced them both and I have NEVER been faster than I am right now with my 415.

If I was buying a new car, I would buy either a 415 or an xray.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by neveo
Chazz - How would u make the Mi2 better then ?
I would make it (or try and make it) as stiff as the 415 and better shocks (think they are coming out with some new ones though) and make a full factory team car like the r12 nitro

Chazz
Old 10-20-2004, 05:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Chazz
I would make it (or try and make it) as stiff as the 415 and better shocks (think they are coming out with some new ones though) and make a full factory team car like the r12 nitro

Chazz
I have only seen the 415 in pics so i wouldnt know. But the Teemu chassis & the aftermarket chassis from BMI will offer stiffer set-ups & thers the bushing kit for the top deck aswell.

But stiffer is not always better ...
Old 10-20-2004, 07:43 PM
Tech Adept

Whoa .....to think that peeps would actually spend even more on an already good car to improve the handling or whatever .....
Just practice, practice, practice!!

Last edited by dasupacat; 10-20-2004 at 07:49 PM.
Old 10-31-2004, 09:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Default cars choose

i would say choose what is right for you i own a trf 415 but have a problem getting parts for the car
I know people with the mi2 there is not alot between the two cars the tamiya shocks are better
are you looking for a belt drive car for any reason what about a shaft drive such as the tb evo 4 or the barracuda r3
Old 10-31-2004, 09:57 AM
Tech Adept

Barracuda R3 has open gear case.... Will get real gritty with track debris.
Tamiya is new world champ. The TRF415MS will be out soon.
Old 10-31-2004, 10:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

both cars are great cars it just depends on how much money you want to spend. To be honest its up to you asking a question like that on this site will only get people like XXXKAT who is a complete dumb a$$ in the first place, saying this car sucks and this car is great. Every car has its pluses and minuses. Yes the MI2 does have it hang ups but it also has all of good things. I have been running the stock shocks that come with the car and they have been just fine. They are pain to put together but once they are put together they are just fine. I really cant give you a good review on the tamiya car because I have never run one from what I can see at the track running against them they are a very good car also and I am sure they have there hang ups also I would recommend asking a team driver `
+
----
Old 10-31-2004, 10:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Both cars are great cars it just depends on how much money you want to spend. To be honest its up to you, asking a question like that on this site will only get people like XXXKAT who is a complete dumb a$$ in the first place, saying this car sucks and this car is great. Every car has its pluses and minuses. Yes the MI2 does have its hang ups but it also has all of good things. I have been running the stock shocks that come with the car and they have been just fine. They are pain to put together but once they are put together they are just fine. I really cant give you a good review on the tamiya car because I have never run one but from what I can see at the track running against them they are a very good car also and I am sure they have there hang ups also I would recommend asking a team driver or someone at your track that has the car. Just do your home work before making a big investment.

And yes xxxkat I called you a dumb a$$ you come on these threads and make such stupid comments and you wonder why no one wants to help you out with setups or anything else. Do use all a favor and sell all your r/c stuff and take up another hobby like fishing or something so you can get on there web sites and be a pain in there a$$ for a while. I am sorry I have better manners than that. PLEASEEEEEE!!!!
Old 10-31-2004, 11:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Default car

you dont get anymore grit in the gear train of the barracuda then a belt drive chassis i have run a barracuda outside four the last three months with no problem it depends on how you carry out yuor maintenance
Old 10-31-2004, 11:58 AM
Tech Rookie

what is the most popular car at your local club and what class do you intend racing in
Old 10-31-2004, 04:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Dont bring other cars in2 the equation !!! lol & i thought the baracuda came with plastic diff covers ??