R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-11-2004, 10:16 AM   #1
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to gspot69d
Default mavric

does anyone race a mavric oval car if so can u tell me the pros/cons of it i have never seen one in person but i seen them online and they look quite adjustable and very customizable
gspot69d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 11:18 AM   #2
Tech Adept

I run for Swift, and can tell you anything that you would need to know. There are the two cars out right now, the OPC, and the Maverick slider car. I am personally more of a fan of the OPC car, it just has less stuff going on, is a little easier to get going on tracks that you have not run on before.

The Maverick does have a lot going on, I run just about every possible setup on the car, in just about every configuration it has to offer. I generally for most tracks just go back to the standered non-offset front end and a 10.200 wheelbase. Its just plain works, so thats why I like runnnig the OPC, its lighter, and has a little different flex characeristcs in it. Its a little more forgiving.

The pod is an important part of the car too, what we have done with the geometry of it has made a big difference in the way the car works in the corner.

Its your call, what car you like better, but the OPC is the chassis that I like the best. There a bunch of setups on the website for both cars, so its kinda just up to you what you like the best, they both can be made to go fast.

If you not sure when your going to get one, we have a new car on the way about feb/march, we are currently testing for that car, and are blown away by what we have been finding. If your in the market for a car now, then you can allways upgrade to the 05 car when it comes out.

If you have any more questions you can either post here or send me an e-mail to.
JPHRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 02:33 PM   #3
Tech Initiate

thank you for the info especialy about the new car coming out i had sent a message to the e-mail listed on the sight but that was 4 weeks ago and i still have had no reply most likly i am going to go with the '05 version i have an adx right now and that is starting to fall apart so i was planning on running it untill it ends up in more peices it came in and that will be about the time you said the '05 is coming out if i treat her right

another thing i had put in the email was about the team itself what kind of benifits are there to being a part of jpc?
what do i have to join?
and anything else special about it you can think of
Old 10-11-2004, 04:23 PM   #4
Tech Adept

Not a problem, send the e-mail back to jake, somtimes he does not get them, but he normally responds on the same day he gets it.

As far as being a sponsered driver, the question you need to be awnsering is what can you bring to the team? Do you have any big race wins? Are you a fast guy in your local area? Do you go to big races?

Just like being a sponsered driver with any team, there are differenet levels, 50% off, and full ride. What you bring to the table dictates what you recive. I'm not sure what other Swift team guys recieve, as its none of my busness, but there are about 6 of us team guys around the US.

You shouldnt be so much worried with what you get, because somthing is better then nothing.

Jake is the guy to talk to, he makes all the calls on that stuff. His e-mail is [email protected]
JPHRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 06:20 PM   #5
Tech Initiate

realy i am not worried at all at what i get i would be happy with just the title and the fact that i am a part of a team but thanks again for the info