Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are you ready for this????

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 03:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Are you ready for this????

I have received a ton of emails asking me to do a 190 body I'm still doing the Corrodo but the first two attempts failed bad in the wind tunnel so I took a break from it for a while. The D/H-1 has been doing fantastic on the 1/10 gas cars so I decided to retrofit it to a 190mm D/H-2. It's first tunnel test look very promising but I still have to shape the front fenders and rear quarters and if it's as good as the gas version wellll let's just say using it will definitely give you a edge over the other bodys. Sorry about this picture but it gives you a idea of how it will look It will be ready to go in two weeks
Attached Thumbnails Are you ready for this????-imga4594-copy190.jpg  
Old 10-06-2004, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Umm...OK
Old 10-06-2004, 01:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

so im guessing you make your own shells? thats pretty cool, would you be able to make custom bodies?
Old 10-06-2004, 01:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm ready for this, that will be cool, nice for show, but do you race yours and how is the downforce, and also, since you can make bodies, maybe you could make a body to solve all the common problems in 190
Old 10-06-2004, 02:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Here!

Go to the nitro thread (Should I make this) last few pages and that will answer your down force questions. And this car looks like a show car but It's designed and built for racing it really flys on the track. With the wind tunnel I can get just the right down force and it has very little drag. I can say all I want to about it but I would rather you hear it from the guys that are using it! Also could you tell me what kind of common problems that you have been having with your cars ? Could you be a little more specific and maybe I can help. I'm doing a lot of different cars,buggies and trucks, but the D/H-1 200mm is the only one I have in production at this time and the D/H-2 190mm will be ready real soon
Attached Thumbnails Are you ready for this????-imga4481.psd.jpg  
Old 10-08-2004, 03:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Wow

I way expected a much bigger responce on this with all the e- mails I recieved hounding me to do a 190mm body. I can't help you if you don't give me any imput. I have a lot of other bodies that I am working on so if this idea dosen't really interst you that's ok but I'm going to shelve it and go back to my other bodies Also it's 4:30 in the morn and I just got done working so please excuse any mispelling
Old 10-08-2004, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Very interesting

I would be very interested in try one of your 190 bodies I have tried many and have only found one or two that realy work well. The problems that seem to come up are the body rattles abit at high speed and rubs tires and cause a little bit of indenting in the front windshield area and has caused many of use to put the 5th body mount in our cars. Let me know when you have them ready for shipping I would like to order one. Please get back to me.
Stephen
Old 10-08-2004, 11:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Very interesting

[QUOTE]Originally posted by shooky
I would be very interested in try one of your 190 bodies I have tried many and have only found one or two that realy work well. The problems that seem to come up are the body rattles abit at high speed and rubs tires and cause a little bit of indenting in the front windshield area and has caused many of use to put the 5th body mount in our cars. Let me know when you have them ready for shipping I would like to order one. Please get back to me.
Stephen
[/QUOT Very good that's what I'm looking for ! Normally what causes this to happen is:#1 the type of Lexan or plastic that the body is made out of #2 The over sized and pitch of the windshield area Which helps the center downforce #3 The way you cut cooling holes in the windshield can also contribute and 4 body is too loose on the body posts. Gas cars fight this too because of there high speeds. My D/H-1 does not have this problem The scoops on the hood aid in cooling the engine but the neat thing about them is it works as a bridge that supports that area of the windshield. The type of Lexan I use is getting very expencive and hard to find I think some body manufactures have stoped using it.............. continued
Old 10-08-2004, 11:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default continued

I have been testing different kinds of lexan to try and find one as good as what I use. If you really like the body you are using now if you can post some pictures of it (on the car) front and side view maybe I can come up with something that can help you! Hellions tip: Did you know you can change the down force of a body by stretching it when you mount it to the car? This puts less pitch in the windshield but it also strengthens it which can also help with it flexing . I am going to open a commercial Da Hellion body forum in this site soon and I will show you how this is done. I recieved more e mails on the 190 so I am going to make it again I'm guessing 2 weeks and Here is a better picture of the D/H-1
Attached Thumbnails Are you ready for this????-pp124_2.jpg  
Old 10-08-2004, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

i like the red ghost flames they look sweet
Old 10-08-2004, 11:53 AM
Tech Addict

the shell looks awesome but i doubt the brca will make it legal, you could jsut rename it a random car name that no1s heard of but does exist. That way it will probably be legal , because by the looks of some of the bodys out there it hink thats what some of the companys have done
Old 10-08-2004, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Those shells look nice. do you have any plans on trying to make legal?
Old 10-08-2004, 12:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default yes!

I have just been so busy that I haven't had much time but I fully intend to get them approved! I don't want to alter the D/H-1 because it took me over 1800 hours to get this body to do what it does. If it's minor changes then well see and I really think it will pass It's based on a Dodge Stratis even thowe I hate putting 4 doors on a race car but for some reason they don't pass it then I will build some to pass there rules. And I don't have a problem with that but the D/H-1 is a blast to drive and I want to keep it that way. If you want to see more pitchers<<<< (I spell like a 5 year old LOL) pictures you can go to my web site: Da Hellion RC
Attached Thumbnails Are you ready for this????-pp124_2.psd.jpg  
Old 10-08-2004, 05:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
count me in !

Shells are awesome man, as soon as you get it finalized, e-mail me. I want one of these- legal or not.
MAD PROPS!

- jaYBee
Old 10-08-2004, 07:51 PM

i would like to buy one of your 190mm bodies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.