Search

Mi2 v.s TRF415 v.s RDX

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 04:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by racenut123
Take it from a touring car whore!
yup.. he's definitely a car whore! juss kidding racenut! but he has owned every car out there! well maybe not the TL-01?
Old 10-07-2004, 07:03 AM
Tech Adept

vi3tishduy:

You can parts direct at www.racing-cars.com/usa. or visit the various sponsors on this board (SpeedtechRc, KTHobbies)

I run the Mi2 stock outdoors except for the following items:
- Gear Adaptor so you can handle standard gears
- Pdubracing bumper to replace the standard one so that you will save your arms.
- if you race stock and 19T, the stock plastic bones work fine, to run modified you will need the steel fronts and Ti rears

To run indoors, I have all of the above with the addition of:
- Short front and Rear shock towers
- alloy rear hubs ( for better adjustment)
- I have not tried the stiff chassis but I don't believe that I need it for stock and 19T

The current shocks are a pain to build compared to the Tamiya, but you should not need frequent rebuilds and like all things, you can get the hang of them after a few times and its a non-issue.

You have the option of diff, one-way and spool for the Mi2. The diff is standard and all that I use.

The only other item I intent to purchase are the spaces for the rear for

Thats about it.

If you plan to run at the club/local/metro area then there is little that you need.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I think the support you will recieve from Schumacher USA is superior to the support you will recieve from any of the other manufacturers listed.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:07 PM
Tech Addict

ah, no one has answerd my question yet, some one said something about schumacher coming up with a new version of the Mi2 with new shocks or something? is that true? and when?
Old 10-07-2004, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Since the Mi2 is still fairly new, I doubt they will be coming out with a new version soon. Maybe new chasis versions, but a new car is doubtful. My speculation. They've just come out with spool, etc., so the Mi2 is new.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

no they are not comming out with a new version. My understanding from my contacts within are that there is a plan for revised shocks. Not for reasons of performance thus for ease of assembly and easy maintanence!
Old 10-10-2004, 03:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

A properly set up 415 is a beautiful car to drive, borrowed a friends for a couple of races and was straight on the pace after a lap!

It is so easy to control at 110% and very quick in a straight line

Xrays I find are a bit taily flat strap and have never driven a Schummacher so can't comment on that
Old 10-10-2004, 03:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

i beleve the xray cars are the best out there ......................just my oppinion but my friend has a fully dun up shumi mission and his shocks are the worst desighn to work on ive ever seen but they are smooth onece you get it right
Old 10-10-2004, 04:47 PM
Tech Addict

I've come to a decision.... Either the Mi2 or the TRF415.... Mi2 I can get a good deal for it from a friend but, I dont know if the quality of the car matches the TRF so I still dont know, any more comments on these cars?
Old 10-10-2004, 07:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I ran a 415 last winter and bought a Mi2 to run this winter. As far as quality, both are great. The Mi2 is alot easier to build because Schumacher packages the parts in seperate bags by assembly steps. With the 415 you pretty much have to open all the bags and search for the correct part/screw. I won't have a chance to run the Mi2 until this weekend - so I can't comment on performace, but the support from the guys at Schumacher (Adrian and Paul) could not be better. If you have any setup questions just give them a call or post it on the Schumacher thread and you will have your answer very quickly. I am already sold on the car without having run it yet. Don't know if this was much help for you, but I just thought I would share my opinion.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

i've just recently ..... purchased the 415 ........
an out of the box........ was performing really well .....an the thing was my car was completly tweaked ...(that due to me building the shocks ...alittle wrong..not the car)..... so i can say the 415 is really good ......... stable an feels smooth with very good acceleration .....
i'd say both are as good as the driver is ............ since any top driver can make any car go fast ........
so i believe it come down to wat u like to see ....
Old 10-10-2004, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

XRAY
Old 10-14-2004, 04:30 PM

Default RDX

i race with a tem corally driver every week he has had the RDX for 2 or 3 months now and it is much better than the assassin trust me it will be a superior car
Old 10-14-2004, 05:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by vi3tishduy
I've come to a decision.... Either the Mi2 or the TRF415.... Mi2 I can get a good deal for it from a friend but, I dont know if the quality of the car matches the TRF so I still dont know, any more comments on these cars?
The quality of the Mi2 is superb ! The standard Schuie shocks arent as bad as most have made out... I didnt have any troubles building mine & my brothers shocks (dad did tho' )

As the other Mi2 guys have said theres new shocks available sometime soon. There isnt anything that NEEDS to be changed on the Mi2 straight away. If u r an experianced racer then u may not be totally happy with the standard shocks & may require the tamiya shocks or the new schuie's.

And anyway.... purple looks better than blue
Old 10-15-2004, 07:38 PM
Tech Adept

Hey all...Tamiya is going to release "another" sedan...the $415MS. Is that 3 cars already this year? Pics on www.rczone.net...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.