Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Making the switch to an Xray, need some advice... >

Making the switch to an Xray, need some advice...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Making the switch to an Xray, need some advice...

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Great choice going with X-Ray! You'll love it! Get with the fast guys at your track running XRay and just buy the springs and roll bars they are running, saves money, helps you to not buy something you don't need.
As for the shocks, the plastic work great, but if you want the aluminum they are nice, but not needed. Many national championships have been won with those plastic shocks!
As for recommended equipment goes:
Use your Ballistic Motor, it will be fine.
I personally prefer the Tekin RS for the ESC, footprint is nice and it's never old! You just upload new software and the ESC is virtually new.
Servo, I really like the KO series, I run the low profile in most of my cars.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Well I did it...2011 T3! I got a bottom protector to prevent bad scratching. It looks like a fun build.

Chensley, which Ko Propo servo did you go with? That seems to be a popular choice at my track. I only have $200 left so I'm thinking of getting a servo or the Tekin esc, or a Speed Passion or Hobbywing.

Thanks for all the advice, you've all been more than helpful!
Old 05-25-2011, 12:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

PDA-2413ics
Old 08-13-2011, 08:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RC.Jon22
Craig, thanks for the help! I did look at the Tamiya 417, even 416, but the reason I'd like to switch to an Xray is because the local shops/tracks stock tons of Xray stuff and almost no Tamiya. Do you think it's a better idea to wait for the T3 2012 or just go with the 2011?

Companies tend to scout their competition, price even.They would not let their latest model with all the advertisements just to be kicked around by their rival companies I would suggest that you get what most hobby shops around you carry the most. Making it more reliable when it comes to breakdown/part replacement.

If Xray is more popular in your area so be it.If you are itching to buy something sleep it over wait for the latest. You might be having a spur of the moment itch/compulsive buyer attack.

Thinking about it is what I do to make me sleep, way better than counting sheeps!

Good choice dude

Last edited by zildjanlang; 08-13-2011 at 08:12 PM. Reason: added
Old 08-13-2011, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC.Jon22
Thanks Craig, you've been a great help. I think after work tomorrow I will be picking up that 2011 T3! I'm really interested in that Speed Passion Cirtix 17.5 combo...only $90 for ESC and motor, with pretty good reviews, any experience with this model? Is it worth a try or better to hold off?
please spare yourself the disappointment and skip the cirtix combo. it has a really intriguing price but you take a chance on its quality. the motors feel slow, the esc offers really weak brakes. if you can try not to be too tempted by this combo.