R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-06-2006, 11:18 AM   #11326
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRXS_chris
Brilliant stuff, I think I'll give it a go too, doesnt seem a difficult conversion to make.

Takes about 20 mins the hole thing, also remember that the Ben Rayments set-up uses the rear to front shock tower mod too
Cheers Malc THE CAN MAN
2nd in 2008/9/10 Win Ansman GP 2010 Schumacher GP. 17.5 blinky Winner of STCC 2009/10 13.5 WLRC 2010 Summer series. Winner of EWS Winter. 17.5 Blinky Winner of 2012/13/14 Rug Racers. 17.5 Blinky 2013 WLRC summer series. Newbury RCC GP 2014 17.5 Blinky 2015 3rd in 17.5 Rug Racers
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 04:58 PM   #11327
Tech Initiate

losi has posted the new products for the jrxs on ther website http://www.teamlosi.com/newprod/index.htm I got to get some of the new spool pads
Niall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 05:13 PM   #11328
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niall
losi has posted the new products for the jrxs on ther website http://www.teamlosi.com/newprod/index.htm I got to get some of the new spool pads

Geez... those spools do look the goods.... I've been using these as spool pads with great success:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXC590&P=7
Just drilled a 5mm hole for the bearing....

But I'm gona have to get a set of them .
Old 04-06-2006, 07:14 PM   #11329
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-Bad
Geez... those spools do look the goods.... I've been using these as spool pads with great success:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXC590&P=7
Just drilled a 5mm hole for the bearing....

But I'm gona have to get a set of them .

Dremel parts!!!!!! Nice touch my Brutha!!!!!

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 08:40 PM   #11330
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKYT
Dremel parts!!!!!! Nice touch my Brutha!!!!!

Brant
Gezz., how lame of me… never thought about asking permission… sorry “Dremel Master" ….. won’t happen again… honest

J/k
Old 04-07-2006, 03:14 AM   #11331
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default What's all this inside joke stuff about a dremel?

Do you have to dremel on the JRX-S of yours POOKTY? You know what I say to that....
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 04:55 AM   #11332
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I dont know why so many people make fun of dremeling this car... i have had to dremel every car I have owned at one time or another.

TC3= center brace- to move cells closer to center
FK= rear arms, to accomodate foams- chassis slots
XXXS= had to make the shock bodies shorter in the V1 kits..
RDX=.. chassis slots, and rear shock tower added support for camber links

Old 04-07-2006, 05:41 AM   #11333
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight
Do you have to dremel on the JRX-S of yours POOKTY? You know what I say to that....

LOL
The wholel Dremel thing is from all of those BK/PK brackets I made. Every set I made was by hand and with my Dremel. When it started I never thought I would end up making as many sets as I did. So, the Dremel has many hours of bracket time on her now. Thats how it started.

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 06:29 AM   #11334
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to bummy

hey there, iam currently running the tc4 and was thinking about the jrx-s
would this be a wise choice? just try sumthing differnt, what are there strenght, and parts back up like in aussie if anyone know's i run brushless mod class. cheers
bummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 07:00 AM   #11335
Tech Elite

Default I agree Keith, but that's why I like the T2 so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
I dont know why so many people make fun of dremeling this car... i have had to dremel every car I have owned at one time or another.

TC3= center brace- to move cells closer to center
FK= rear arms, to accomodate foams- chassis slots
XXXS= had to make the shock bodies shorter in the V1 kits..
RDX=.. chassis slots, and rear shock tower added support for camber links

It's the first car ever that I didn't have to dremel or hand fit something. It's great! It so easy to work on and tune. Just my two cents though. Now on the other hand, think how easy a cf version of the XXX-S would be to work on and tune..he..he..he. It had the lightest and most simple drivetrain of any TC made. Sorry...just had to say it.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:51 AM   #11336
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Bigger Brother

OK now we've had the new arms, JR link, rear shock tower mod, a number of front shock tower mods etc, what's everyone's current Carpert with Foams setup?

I'm back from Uni for a month or so and probably going to be going some racing, carpet tracks with foams (normally no additives) but I'd say medium-traction.

Many thanks

Oli
Old 04-07-2006, 10:25 AM   #11337
Tech Regular

Over to Keith...
JRXS_chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 12:18 PM   #11338
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the 48 pitch gearz they offer for the jrx-s. I onlyask because i mainly race off road and was hoping to only carry one style of pinions. if so any recommended sizes for stock , 19t and a 10x2 mod. I assume its similar iin gearing to my xxx-4 but a little different due to tire size. i race on asphalt with stock tires right now. Yokomo yellow precision discs on the way. I read a lot of postings and have seen nothing on switching to the 48 pitch gears. Is it a bad idea? I will run the 64 if that is what is most effeicient and easiest to tune. any help would be greatly appreciated for a dirt convert. thanks in advance
JROCK4224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 01:09 PM   #11339
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigger Brother
OK now we've had the new arms, JR link, rear shock tower mod, a number of front shock tower mods etc, what's everyone's current Carpert with Foams setup?

I'm back from Uni for a month or so and probably going to be going some racing, carpet tracks with foams (normally no additives) but I'd say medium-traction.

Many thanks

Oli
Im pretty content with my setup.. I havnt seen the need to get away from it aside from going to a 25LB spring.. and the JR link. You can view my setup on PG 351.

RCknight.. there is a carbon fiber version of the XXXS.. its called a 415 or T2. JOKE... but really, i think the JRXS is superior to the XXXS. For a long time I was on the fence and felt the same way... but now that I got to know this car, i am going much faster that i did with the XXXS.

Keith
Old 04-07-2006, 03:45 PM   #11340
Tech Elite

Default Yea...but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
Im pretty content with my setup.. I havnt seen the need to get away from it aside from going to a 25LB spring.. and the JR link. You can view my setup on PG 351.

RCknight.. there is a carbon fiber version of the XXXS.. its called a 415 or T2. JOKE... but really, i think the JRXS is superior to the XXXS. For a long time I was on the fence and felt the same way... but now that I got to know this car, i am going much faster that i did with the XXXS.

Keith
does having all the weight down the center really make up for a more complictated design? With the new lipos, Losi will have to release a rear motor chassis. That means a three deck chassis. Why make something with 10 screws when you can do it with 2 concept. Sure the drivetrains free, but is the design complexity worth it? The car weight won't roll as much with everything down the center, but then it's very sensitive. The XXX-S suffered from a lack of feel in adjustments, but I'm told the the JRX-S is to the other extreme. It's too sensitive to wheel size and etc. Much harder to get it dialed. Just talkin here not bashing.