Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRXS_chris
Has anyone tried trimming the excess carbon fibre off that is around the electronics?
Yes. I cut the chassis down as narrow as the electronics would allow. My main reason for doing this was due to a bumpy asphalt track. The best setup I could find caused the sides of the chassis to bottom, even with 5mm ride up front and 5.5mm ride out back. Once I cut the chassis down, the bottoming stopped and mid-corner consistency was greatly improved.

However ..... the stock chassis is too soft IMO and cutting it down certainly doesn't help. If you're racing on carpet, I'd strongly consider other setup changes before resorting to this.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

Congrats to Todd Hodge on an EXCELLENT finish at the GP World Cup! Top 10 finish!! Barry, Matt and I had a blast watching the live updates while we were trackside at Stockton...
Old 12-19-2005, 10:31 PM
Tech Master

First weekend on carpet with the JRXS...and I started with Craig Xavier's Cleveland set up, which is posted a few pages back on this thread. This is an excellent set up for foams; I ran stock and 19T and changed very little over the course of 3 days. Thanks for all the info, Craig!
Old 12-19-2005, 10:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
Yes. I cut the chassis down as narrow as the electronics would allow. My main reason for doing this was due to a bumpy asphalt track. The best setup I could find caused the sides of the chassis to bottom, even with 5mm ride up front and 5.5mm ride out back. Once I cut the chassis down, the bottoming stopped and mid-corner consistency was greatly improved.

However ..... the stock chassis is too soft IMO and cutting it down certainly doesn't help. If you're racing on carpet, I'd strongly consider other setup changes before resorting to this.
Just get a belt sander and you can chamfer the edges of the chassis up, this way the chassis stays as wide as stock but wont rub as much on the sides.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:05 AM
alb
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Man saw some picks of Todd's pimped out green anodized JRXS.........Damn that thing is trick. Makes me want another JRXS but in green like that.
Where did you see the pics? I can't find them!
Old 12-20-2005, 07:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Check out the pics from this Website: http://worldcup.rcworld.ch/live_friday.asp?id=3

Enjoy!.........His car looks real cool!
Old 12-20-2005, 07:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Hey Matt C, ( Chewy Graphics ).............. Heard you got a Losi JRX-S. Congrats Bro!!........ Your going to love it. Missed ya this weekend at the Rumble............ Hope to see you soon!
Old 12-20-2005, 07:56 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kwikvdub
Check out the pics from this Website: http://worldcup.rcworld.ch/live_friday.asp?id=3

Enjoy!.........His car looks real cool!
That car was awesome. It made me want another Losi and then have it anodized like that.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I was more interested in Teemu's car
Old 12-20-2005, 08:18 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
I was more interested in Teemu's car
Yeah it was cool to. Alot of those guys had cool cars thats for sure.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:32 AM
Tech Regular

That is a cool green there Todd. Makes me wish I could do some in a fluorescent green or a deep metalflake blue. It would go great with the see through candy blue I have.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kwikvdub
Hey Matt C, ( Chewy Graphics ).............. Heard you got a Losi JRX-S. Congrats Bro!!........ Your going to love it. Missed ya this weekend at the Rumble............ Hope to see you soon!
Alex, sorry I couldn't make it this weekend. But I'm already planning ahead for the next trophy race you guys are going to have. As far as the JRXS, so far so good. This car handles and respones to adjustments much better than the ae.Shoot, Qualified right behind Mark S. this past weekend and picked up almost a lap in qual too.

Matt C.-Chewy Graphixs
Old 12-20-2005, 11:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I was wondering if all the pro's run the rear motor setup? if they do then there set-up sheets woulden't work for the front motor position, would they?
I was just curious after seeing the pics of Todd's car because every piece on it is different than mine.

Are there any tips on how to get more on-power steering? My car goes into the corners fine but is slow coming out. I've tried quite a few different pro set-up's and It never make a difference. Is this somthing that a better battery would solve, or maybe a different motor? I 've been running a monster stock and SMC & Orion 3300, around 1.12 volts.

Thanks,
Old 12-20-2005, 11:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DRKWNG
I was wondering if all the pro's run the rear motor setup? if they do then there set-up sheets woulden't work for the front motor position, would they?
I was just curious after seeing the pics of Todd's car because every piece on it is different than mine.

Are there any tips on how to get more on-power steering? My car goes into the corners fine but is slow coming out. I've tried quite a few different pro set-up's and It never make a difference. Is this somthing that a better battery would solve, or maybe a different motor? I 've been running a monster stock and SMC & Orion 3300, around 1.12 volts.

Thanks,

try more caster and a low front roll center (Blocks low). I am wondering-do you not have enough on-power steering or not enough rip?
Old 12-20-2005, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i went to the brown grease to give me more on power

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.