Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 04:54 PM
Tech Adept

The shorter arms have been discussed in length previously but I will summorise....

Short Arms = Quick changes in suspension travel = more responsive handling

Short Arms also means the car will lose handling easier if it hits any bumpy ground.
Old 10-13-2004, 05:01 PM
Tech Addict

ok ive race a tc3 for 2 years now, sold it bought a reflex 12 and i now i see this car and i want to get back into sedan racing, ive never been really smart about settin up a car, is this car gonna be to difficult for someone like me to setup, i have raced 3 yrs now, 3 yrs offroad buggy, 1 1/2 year oval, 2 yrs sedan
Old 10-13-2004, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by wcoyote
$350 is list price. So we all know it will be less than that. I noticed it's using the 24mm rims vs the 26mm on the G+. Yokomo wheels anyone? Knowing how well the bottom screws on the G+ worked for me, I'm not worried about the battery door at all.
It's going to be interesting to see how well this car does at the club level, in the hands of the average/below average racer.
It looks like professional's car no doubt. I'll wait also.
Sorry to say this but if you do a search on the JRXS at www.horizonhobby.com it shows the list price as like $500.00 or somthing. I think the $360.00 is gonna be the selling price.

Brant
Old 10-13-2004, 05:13 PM
Tech Addict

omg i may not want one now thats alot of $$$
Old 10-13-2004, 05:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I am assuming that with the recent release of the XXX-S RTR II, Losi has no plans of trying to offer the JRX-S as a Ready to Run.

So that leads me to wonder what there going to do with the XXX-S G+? Are they going to discontinue it or keep it as their mid-level race sedan?
Old 10-13-2004, 05:30 PM
Tech Adept

Guys i think that price is a lilttle high but I'm sure it will come down. Just think it will come with everything cept tires/inserts! Compared to the other high end sedans out there that don't include a body and titanium turnbuckles. It looks like it will come with everything needed. Most peeps won't need a oneway..right away. The shocks look trick. Then again this car is so new I could be wrong. LOL
If you have to go out and get a high end car..how much more are you gonna spend?
TC4-titanium turnbuckles, hard anodized shocks, & graphite
XRAY-solid out the box, but now they got a stiffer chassis/top plate.
TAMIYA-new $uspension kit & belt$
CORALLY-too new new yet.
SHUMACHER-don't know too much about. Heard there is a new cha$sis/tower$.
I'm sure I left alot other makes/cars out.

Last edited by dasupacat; 10-13-2004 at 05:40 PM.
Old 10-13-2004, 05:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by dasupacat
Guys i think that price is a lilttle high but I'm sure it will come down. Just think it will come with everything cept tires/inserts! Compared to the other high end sedans out there that don't include a body and titanium turnbuckles. It looks like it will come with everything needed. Most peeps won't need a oneway..right away. The shocks look trick. Then again this car is so new I could be wrong. LOL
If you have to go out and get a high end car..how much more are you gonna spend?
CORALLY-too new new yet.

I couldnt said it it better myself!!
Old 10-13-2004, 05:54 PM
Tech Champion

The new Losi looks like a FSR Bullet.... who remembers the Fizzers?
Old 10-13-2004, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

I'm wondering if those of us that race on foam tires will be able to use anything other than 26mm widths ? from the pictures it looks like it's been designed with 24mm rubbers only in mind....
Old 10-13-2004, 06:44 PM
Tech Adept

I'm sure Losi took foam tires into consideration......I mean why wouldn't they?
Old 10-13-2004, 06:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by SteveG
I'm wondering if those of us that race on foam tires will be able to use anything other than 26mm widths ? from the pictures it looks like it's been designed with 24mm rubbers only in mind....
I saw the car this weekend and it had 28mm foams on it and it didn't look like they were hard to fit. So foams should fit with out any issues from what I can tell.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default Mind you the first pictures of the car was a car only run on foam

You guys are funny. All the people that are doubting this car. Has Losi or AE ever put out a car that was not among the best in the world period. Both the AE and Losi car will be as good as the best if not the best cars out.
There are alot of other manufacturers that just through out garbage and alot of people still buy it. Even some of you buy this stuff as seen by reading your signatures.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Andrew Gray finished 2nd in mod TC at the Classic with his new Losi car. Very good, considering that was the first time he ever had the new car running on carpet with foam tires. Took him until the 3rd qualifier to make the main tho, as he broke in the first 2 rounds.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dasupacat
CORALLY-too new new yet.
hummm high price you say ??? well the price should not be a issue if the person is a hardcore racer. I have seen this car up close and personel and watched it run at last weekends regionals (losi had a strong presence there) and all I can say is outstanding. 350.00 is not bad for this high end kit look at the X-ray FK another awsome car ( I have one ) But dont worry little buckaroo the XXXs will still be around fer ya and your budget.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:33 PM
Tech Adept

Well maybe I should of said a little high compared to the XXX-SG+...LOL. I'll be getting one over all those other sedans....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.