Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have a LCG I'm looking to trade for a FK05 or preferably a RDX. The car was only ran on carpet for a few packs and is in excellent condition. Included are a fare amount of spares and hop ups. It also comes with everything to convert it to a cmg or sd ssg. If any one is interested please PM or Email me. I have pics. Later, Rob
Old 08-31-2005, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I drove a JRX-S for the first time this past weekend and I am going to get one soon. Already sold the XRAY. Are there any building or set-up tips that you guys/girls could let me in on. Maybe a trick or two that you would be willing to share.

I would say I like how the car handles and how easy it is to drive and go on and on, but most of yall already know that. This really is an awesome car and I cannot wait to get one.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Floss_LUC
So your saying you can cut out two bits of cardboard the same size as the pads in the diff already, then take out the balls and pads put in the cardboard pads, reassemble and that a spool??
I cut the header card out in the same shape as the diff rings and used that, and its locked up tighter than a snare drum. I didnn't install any diff balls either.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Bk Brackets

Just curious on how to get a hold of some of the Bk brackets.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ChrisR40 - If you're looking for build tips, a great place to start is Todd Hodge's Pit Report on Team Losi's website. I believe there is a section there called "Trick Tips" the has some good advice, complete with pictures. I would say the most important is the battery slot in the rear of the chassis. Make sure you bevel it correctly (cell sits flush with chassis bottom. This is very important for battery fitment. The other critical area of chassis prep is the diff clearance slots on the main chassis plate. These need to be beveled so that the belts do not rub on the chassis when the diffs are in the low position. Both of these issues are covered in Todd's Pit Report. Other than that all you should need are a set of BK brackets, the aluminum battery tray (if you run 3700's or 3800's), and the usual tuning stuff (pistions, springs, hubs, etc.). Good luck with the new car!

kmw1234 - Losi will be coming out with arms that have the BK bracket mounting position included in about a month (I think). Until then, PM Pookyt here. He makes and sells BK brackets of his own. I believe alot of the guys on this thread use his. Of course you could alway make your own if you want.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kmw1234
Just curious on how to get a hold of some of the Bk brackets.
Joo Got Mail!

Brant
Old 08-31-2005, 09:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hey Brant,

Did you get rained on a bit this past week? Any flooding?

Bill
Old 08-31-2005, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Hey Brant,

Did you get rained on a bit this past week? Any flooding?

Bill
Naaaa......We were lucky in that mst of the bad weather from the hurricane stayed on the east side of the Mississippi. Memphis and north Mississippi got rain and some wind damage but nothing like the Gulf. All of us up here in Arkansas and Memphis and really the surrounding areas are just chomping at the bit to go down there and help but they have already turned away hundreds of volunteers. The best we can do is make donations through our church's and the Red Cross. The best we can determine is there are very few ways in or out of the storm zone and in the flooded areas its like a giant comode with chemicals and fuel mixed in it. The hotels and shelters all up and down I-55 are full or near full and many of the refugees didn't have much to start with and now for sure do not have anything or anyplace to go. Its really one of the saddest things I have ever seen. And I live in Tornado alley!!! You guys out there remember to keep all of the storm victims in your prayers. Later Bill and All

P.S. On a lighter note.......Bill......If you don't go to Vegas and your that close to it some of the local guys here are wondering if you really have a PAIR! LMAO!!! J/K

Brant
Old 08-31-2005, 11:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT
P.S. On a lighter note.......Bill......If you don't go to Vegas and your that close to it some of the local guys here are wondering if you really have a PAIR! LMAO!!! J/K

Brant
Already committed to the Region 12 races at Speedworld this weekend...Somebody has to show up with a Losi... Starts tomorrow.

Back to the darker note again...Thinking about the disaster down there, I just decided to contribute a PAIR of big bills to the Red Cross. Would have blown that on tips at LV...
Old 09-01-2005, 12:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Already committed to the Region 12 races at Speedworld this weekend...Somebody has to show up with a Losi... Starts tomorrow.

Back to the darker note again...Thinking about the disaster down there, I just decided to contribute a PAIR of big bills to the Red Cross. Would have blown that on tips at LV...
You Da Man !!!!

P.S. Go show those boys in region 12 how to follow that JRXS Boyeeeeee!!!!

Brant
Old 09-01-2005, 06:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up It would be cool!!

The organizers in Vegas should ask all of the coming racers to bring the stuff in their closets that is collecting dust for donations. It could be a liquidation e-bay account to get a donation together for our Louisiana and Miss brothers.

Knowing them, I should have posted this on the oval forum.

Who could we trust with a large e-bay account?
The Red Cross needs it badly!

Good Luck and our thoughts are with you guys.
TEX
Old 09-01-2005, 10:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hello from Utah

I have never ran on carpet before, Their is only asphalt racing around here. I am picking up a new JRXS for the Vegas race and I have a few questions. I have the carpet setups from teamlosi.com, BK's nats & Paul Lemiuex indoor champs. Is one of these better to start out with than the other? Or is their a setup that is better now? I will be running stock foam. Also what compounds of Jaco tires should I pick up?

This will be my second JRXS. Hopefully it will be as dialed on carpet as my other one is on asphalt

Thanks!
QB
Old 09-01-2005, 10:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCJer
Hello from Utah

I have never ran on carpet before, Their is only asphalt racing around here. I am picking up a new JRXS for the Vegas race and I have a few questions. I have the carpet setups from teamlosi.com, BK's nats & Paul Lemiuex indoor champs. Is one of these better to start out with than the other? Or is their a setup that is better now? I will be running stock foam. Also what compounds of Jaco tires should I pick up?

This will be my second JRXS. Hopefully it will be as dialed on carpet as my other one is on asphalt

Thanks!
QB
Try Paul Ciccarellos (hes aTeam Losi driver). Heres the link toPauls stock foam set-up.

I am running it and its got a lot of steering and is easy to drive. It also still allows a lot of room for your personal preferences with simple changes (roll center shims, rear spring, shock angles) and it still works just as well.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Pooky, when did you send out the brackets? I still haven't recieved them yet.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Paul Lemiuex's setup is my preference, but you can't go wrong with Chicky's setup either. All the team drivers seem like nice guys too, and I'm sure they'll help you if you ask in Vegas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.