Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 06:27 PM
JRM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Intelligentsia
What are some of the option parts currently available that you guys recommend?

I can't find any part numbers for anything. I am really interested in additional spring rates. If you have any part numbers for things, please let us know.

Thanks
KT hobbies has a complete list of parts & has all of the springs in stock right now.

Link

Not much out right now in the way of option parts but this car is pretty sweet right out of the box. I ran mine for the first time today w/ the kit setup and already like it more than the G+ I've been running for quite some time.

I'm sure we will see a flood of option parts for this car in the near future.

Good luck!
Old 05-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Spool On Carpet

YAHOO!!!- I would not reccomend a spool on carpet, they tend to make the car harder to drive. It will understeer going into the turn and pulls out of the turn super hard, to the point it's hard to tell where the car is going. This is based on running with a 7 or 8 turn, it could be ok in stock or 19t. However I would just run a diff, set it tighter than the rear, alot of us use the losi brown grease in the front diff, it's super thick. It's slows down the diff action and will smooth out the car on a high bite track. As for the 41t pulley, it will make the car cut into the turn harder. I have found it depends on the track layout, but 99% of the time I just stick to the 42t pulley. As with anything alot of it is personal preference, so you need to try it yourself and see how it works for you.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Trips, before doing any customized suspension work I would get the car on a hudy set up type board, with guages to check the measurements. You'd be amazed at how much the "eye" can fool you.
Not that it isn't a blast to watch racers tweak thier camber links EVERY time they look at their cars!............The set up system doesn't lie.....if it's used correctly.

My car measures out Perfectly!..............Jim
Old 05-06-2005, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)
Default Re: Spool On Carpet

Originally posted by Andrew Gray
YAHOO!!!- I would not reccomend a spool on carpet, they tend to make the car harder to drive. It will understeer going into the turn and pulls out of the turn super hard, to the point it's hard to tell where the car is going. This is based on running with a 7 or 8 turn, it could be ok in stock or 19t. However I would just run a diff, set it tighter than the rear, alot of us use the losi brown grease in the front diff, it's super thick. It's slows down the diff action and will smooth out the car on a high bite track. As for the 41t pulley, it will make the car cut into the turn harder. I have found it depends on the track layout, but 99% of the time I just stick to the 42t pulley. As with anything alot of it is personal preference, so you need to try it yourself and see how it works for you.

Andrew,
Got your e-mail. Thanks bro. Do you suggest changing anything for club level "traction"? The layout is pretty fast and flowing like the Birds, but obviously less traction and it's not a ROVAL

L8R brutha!
Old 05-06-2005, 10:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default club level traction

Rob- I would say, stand the front shocks up 1, go to a 50lb front spring, and mabey a 20lb rear spring. Lemme know how it works.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by W.E.D.Jim
Trips, before doing any customized suspension work I would get the car on a hudy set up type board, with guages to check the measurements. You'd be amazed at how much the "eye" can fool you.
Not that I want to start a debate, but a few years ago I had one of the older Hudy set up systems, the one that was made of clear plexiglass or plastic... Anyway, to make a long story short, when I had the car showing equal rear toe on that old Hudy set up system it looked wrong to me and drove worng as well. I made a fixture to check the setup station and it turned out the slot in the top plate used to measure the toe was machined slightly off and the result was that the setup station read wrong by about a half degree on one side.

Moral of that story is I believe my eye is pretty accurate. Double checked tonight with an RPM camber gauge (with the car standing vertically on the rear of th chassis) and I had 2.5 degrees toe in on the left rear and one and a quarter degree in on the right. After about a half hour of careful reaming of the rear hubs I'm now at 2 degrees in per side.

While I had the hubs off the car I checked the sweep of the rear arms and found that to be equal on both sides, that was a bit of a concern until I measured it.

I'm guessing I just got a bad set of hubs in my kit. No biggie, it's bound to happen on occasion, and my luck is such that if there a a hundred of any item in the store, I'll walk right to the one defective one and buy it.

Other than that one issue, the build was very pleasant, and I'm VERY impressed with many aspects of the car. I'm really looking forward to getting it on a track soon.
Old 05-07-2005, 02:12 AM

Hi Im very interesting in getting a JRXS, but I've heard it doesn't get on very well on the bumpier lower grip asphalt tracks we have over here in the UK? Anyone got some input on this?

Thanks,
Ben
Old 05-07-2005, 03:13 AM
Tech Addict

Hi Geoff,

I will sort that set up out for you after the weekend. I ran cs22s on carpet last week for the first time and it was very good.

Andy T is running my other car till he has finished building is car.

Ben

I really dont think you will have any problems with the car on any of the tracks we have here in the uk, from my experience on the all the tracks and surfaces that I have run the car on it produces tons of grip.

Anything further I can help people out with over here in the Uk just ask.

Nathan Parker
Team Losi Uk
Helger Racing
Old 05-07-2005, 05:39 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks Nathan
looking forward to what you come up with
Geoff
Old 05-07-2005, 06:32 AM
Tech Master

With all the CRAPPY rumors i keep hearing about the jrXs, it seams that alot of people are intemidated by this car.....
Old 05-07-2005, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I can see why...the way they have dominated the bigger races... lol j/k guys..
Old 05-07-2005, 07:09 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Gearhead3
With all the CRAPPY rumors i keep hearing about the jrXs, it seams that alot of people are intemidated by this car.....
What kind of rumors have you been hearing?
Old 05-07-2005, 07:11 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Mdoc
I can see why...the way they have dominated the bigger races... lol j/k guys..
Thats cold man....real cold!
Old 05-07-2005, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

lol..ya he just left that to open....I couldnt help myself ....
Old 05-07-2005, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Trips, no debate from me, if you can make a fixture to double check the machining of a part made on a 6 figure CNC machine and find out it is incorrect, i'll trust you know if your toe is off.

But, i'd still trust the fixture you made, rather then your eye. Even though i've done wheel alignments on full size cars and have been able to tell about how much and in which direction they'll be off by, I still get fooled by my R/C cars....sometimes.........It's all good, Jim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.