Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 06:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by Darkseid
I admit that those red anodized XXXS parts did look good on peoples cars, but I was kinda hoping to go with blue hop ups. Did anybody even make blue parts for the XXXS?

As for the car stand, I've been using my trusty Schumacher "Pitdude" stand for year. It'll hold shocks, batteries, and even a motor for you if your not currently using it as a car stand.
now all you need in a MI2 to go on the stand.....
Old 03-18-2005, 06:54 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by STLNLST
now all you need in a MI2 to go on the stand.....
Well that actually was what I was going to get before I first saw pics of the JRX-S.

That stand of mine hasn't been "Schumacher only" for quite some time though, so I'm sure it will welcome the JRX-S.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Yeah...Trinity also sold a lot of stuff under Kinwalds name that was blue...think thats the way I'm going too. I got tired of the red.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

STLNLST, What's going on? and when are you going to make the trip down to the So. Cal. Desert?
Old 03-18-2005, 07:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Darkseid
Well that actually was what I was going to get before I first saw pics of the JRX-S.

That stand of mine hasn't been "Schumacher only" for quite some time though, so I'm sure it will welcome the JRX-S.
I hear that Trinity is offering fill ins for the XXXS foam car stand....LOL The car looks good but I'm curious to see it in the hands of regular people.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Scott Welte
STLNLST, What's going on? and when are you going to make the trip down to the So. Cal. Desert?
What's up? No one wants to make a trip down there because of the last bad experience a few racers had down there. Who knows......I may get a wild hair and just head down alone.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:23 PM
Tech Champion

You didn't mean Socal did you??? If you mean 4funhobbies.......shooooooot I'll go there for a club race!!!!!!!
Old 03-18-2005, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Good, that's what I was after. I'll let you know our schedule.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by JRX-S Bill
And be just like Matt Francis' car...
Lotsa people wanna be like Matt. I just wish those red parts came with his skill, but for now, I'll be using blue
Old 03-18-2005, 08:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Let me know when you go down to 4 fun Cliff, I'll meet ya there.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

How many of you would like to run in a JRXS Only class?
Old 03-18-2005, 08:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by Gearhead3
How many of you would like to run in a JRXS Only class?
And have nobody to rag on??? No way!
Old 03-18-2005, 08:17 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I'll fill you guys in on some more first impressions with the car, being a non-team guy I feel more like an average racer dealing with it for the first time.

The car is definitely a technological marvel, but it is also the most complicated TC I have ever built. Not saying that is a bad thing, but this is definitely not a beginner's car. I really had to study some of the steps to make sure I did things right, compared to my usual flying right through and barely glancing at the manual.

Getting the electronics situated is a monumental feat (relatively speaking). Plenty of room for the ESC and receiver, but the battery is a whole different story. I think the only barrier to this car is that you have to re-do your packs, and it took me awhile to get things just right. Soldering them in is a circus act, although one I'm sure I'll get better at as time goes on. The actual installation of the pack (pre-soldering) is a snap, though...and the car just looks super dialed with everything down the center line.

I discovered that first generation GP3300s do not fit in the car (unless I am missing something, but I can say that with 99% confidence). The newer ones lock right in. Everything sits incredibly low in the chassis, I've never seen anything quite like it. The front belt is level with the bottom of the chassis!

The adjustments are easy to make and the car feels really solid once it's all together. Being able to limit the suspension travel on the rocker arms is a cool feature as well, although I have no idea what to do with it!

Anyway, I can't wait to run it. I built the FK05 as well and these are quite a pair of cars. Derek is testing the 415MS as well, the next issue should be one to remember.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

futureal,

Here, give it to me...I'll do something with it...He, he...
Old 03-18-2005, 09:40 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Futureal: thanks for the open and honest first assesment of the car. Sounds pretty much like what most of us expected. When you say the first generation GP3300 cells, I'll assume you mean those that were pre-orange/yellow version. There are so many colors for these things based on what country they came from, but I understand the orange/yellow cells are those that are in fact 2nd generation.

I'm looking forward to testing the 'laydown Euro-plug' set up that many of us plan to use with our packs. You might want to think about giving it a try since it will work just as well in the FK05 and may save you some 'circus' training trying to solder those things in!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.