Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY XII Link vs. BMI Copperhead 12

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 03:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up XRAY XII Link vs. BMI Copperhead 12

Hi Guys,
Advise that it is better to buy a XRAY XII Link or BMI Copperhead 12, which is going better on the carpet?
Thanks for the replies.
Andrey
Old 04-25-2011, 06:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Andrey - no matter what the internet says I think you should pay attention to two things:

#1 What car is fast at your local track
#2 which cars have been winning nearly every major race this past indoor season (the answer here is CEFX, CRC and SpeedMerchant)
Old 04-25-2011, 06:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Thanks Mike,

Sorry, what is CEFX?
))
Old 04-25-2011, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ooxus
Thanks Mike,

Sorry, what is CEFX?
))
Josh Cyrul's company. They make conversion kits for a few cars

http://cefxspeedshop.com/CEFX_c2.htm
Old 04-25-2011, 07:27 AM
Tech Rookie

ok thanks, I'll think
Old 04-25-2011, 07:58 AM
Tech Adept

Default Top Rebel

Hi

Think about also the Top Rebel. I can tell you about our little track in Brondby in denmark. We have 3 different cars. The xray,teh BMI CH and the top. The Xray is very easy to be twisted , the driver with that car have used 2 cars over the winter. The BMI CH is a super car , only small problem with that is the front flex bars , but if you read the tread for that car , you will see the idea to deal with that problem. Last is the Top rebel. a new car on the market , I have changed from BMI to rebel over the winter , and only 2 small problems , if you have to have a rideheight of 3mm , you can only drive front tyres down to 41-40,5mm , until Top make the new lower arms or you by some tune steering from Tarmel. I have also broken 3 of the side arms , but then I boiled the parts in 3 min , and havn't broken one since. But again , read the tread about the car.

Michael
Denmark
Old 04-25-2011, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default which car

I know that you didn't ask about it specifically, but the CRC GenXL is also worth considering. The GenX and now the GenXL have won plenty of major races all around the world, the support from CRC is excellent, and it sure doesn't hurt that their car is substantially less expensive than any of the the other current 1/12th scale offerings. By contrast, the Xray, the CEFX and the BMI are all among the most expensive. They are good cars for sure, but they are pricey. So.....you may also want to consider the CRC GenXL.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default BMI background...

Is BMI the company used to make competition level 1/8 nitro on-road 4wd pan car w/ 3 speed? Or that was BMP...
Old 04-25-2011, 03:03 PM
Tech Champion

That was BMT I believe.

Honestly any of the current 1/12th cars today will work very well. It is just a matter of tuning it well and driving it well. The question(s) you should ask yourself is does your local hobby shops support any 1/12th cars and do you plan to buy local or internet? If you LHS carries parts for any car that makes it much easier to get back on the track if you break on race day. But if that is not a factor then consider what other drivers are driving as they can more easily help you with setup if you run the same car. But if neither of those are a factor then you might want to base your decision on which design you like the best. As I drive a BMI I am very partial to that car. I really like not having to mess with side springs on the rear and shims on the front king pins. And BMI's support of their product is top notch. CRC cars are proven race winners and their support is great as well. TOP are the new kids on the block in 1/12th but they have an interesting design and the car seems to be doing well.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by superspeed
Is BMI the company used to make competition level 1/8 nitro on-road 4wd pan car w/ 3 speed? Or that was BMP...
BMT = Blitz Model Technica if I remember correctly. They were from Italy. BMI is based in Florida.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Thank you guys for the advice.
We have the carpet Xray wins the competition, but CRC is very much broken on the track. CEFX and SpeedMerchant are not suitable due to lack of spare parts. Therefore, I think that to buy a Xray or BMI.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

you cannot beat the quality of the BMI copperhead series of cars. they are great and you wont be dissappointed. plus its made in the usa! but yes all the cars of today are great. but personally i find the BMI car very user friendly and easiest to adjust. I do run for BMI but this is my honest opinion. what ever choice you make will be a good one .
Old 04-27-2011, 09:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Thank you! I hope very much