Wiki Posts
Search

Boost is Dead

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 06:55 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
The stock classes were very interesting this year at Birds. There were a few folks in 1/12 and TC that were significantly faster than others. It wasn't just car setup and good driving. Could of been motor or batteries. I'm going to try and find out... but it is really hard to test these things without data.
Ive still got my motor from the birds in my car (has been in there since right after vegas). You wanna buy it? Ive got more that are just as good in reserve! Its the same one I ran at carpet nats too! Its got yellow and orange paint on it now!

EA
Old 04-20-2011, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Do you honestly think that? That anybody gives a rats ass if Tekin sells 1 millions escs tomorrow? If they did, congratulations and more power to them. If you think anybody cares about what the "best" speed control is, that's nuts..
I certainly dont. My last esc purchase, spec no boost, was around 50 bux. Not bashing Tekin though, I have some Tekin stuff that is 15+ years old that works, for bashing.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Dammit Syndrome thanks for starting another thread about the same topic that's been argued about for months. lol
Old 04-20-2011, 07:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Ive still got my motor from the birds in my car (has been in there since right after vegas). You wanna buy it? Ive got more that are just as good in reserve! Its the same one I ran at carpet nats too! Its got yellow and orange paint on it now!

EA
u weren't the only one.... i think you could probably get some $$ for it... you were super fast...
Old 04-20-2011, 07:19 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

u weren't the only one.... i think you could probably get some $$ for it... you were super fast...
I heard more than one person bitching at the birds about it and even my speedo. I offered both to them for sale at hobbyshop prices and both turned it down. Guess they didnt think as much of them as they thought once they were put on the spot.

EA
Old 04-20-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports

EA
I raced EA a week ago, and we were the same speed. we run diffrent speedo's, diffrent batteries, and motors, hell we were geared diffrent as well. Come on people, when will it end. if it passes tech, and it's approved by the rules...it's time to shut up and race. You got beat by a better driver, with a better car.
(as did I last week)....

Last edited by chubbspeterson; 04-20-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:21 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

::catches up in thread::
Old 04-20-2011, 08:22 PM
Tech Addict

The stock classes were very interesting this year at Birds. There were a few folks in 1/12 and TC that were significantly faster than others. It wasn't just car setup and good driving. Could of been motor or batteries. I'm going to try and find out... but it is really hard to test these things without data.
Pssst....It was better chassis, and better driving.....it's ok, it happens to everyone....
Old 04-20-2011, 08:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tekin Prez

It makes sense to learn to handle the mod speeds before you try to tackle full mod acceleration. Boosted classes are the best training ground for mod, and as mentioned some are finding they can go as fast and be more consistent with a lot less motor that is boosted.

Tekin Prez
This might be the best comment on the tread. I think we are all missing the point that most "racers" don't want to work at it, Boosted and how you can use it in a driving style has changed the way the game is played. It will open the doors for people to move upto mod, because now we can tweak better than before where all that power comes in, and how we want it to. blinky classes are fine. Boost will alow more drivers to find ways to be competive in the mod classes.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
Dammit Syndrome thanks for starting another thread about the same topic that's been argued about for months. lol
Apparently it's the only thing I'm good at. ;-)
Old 04-20-2011, 08:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ok i a have to voice my opinion on this, i stay off these forums due to the drama caused but here goes, and i cant believe you posted another thread on this adam.

no timing turns this back into who has the best motor and battery, yet again. its not as bad in touring classes but in 12th its the worst.

when we run at my track in 17.5 no timing we are really close but the winner is determined by the person with the newest battery every time. i get a new one and i win. if i dont have a fresh pac, the next guy wins.

timing is a great equalizer on who spends the most time with their car. its much the same as it was with brushed. who ever was on top with their setup and motor building was the winner.

with no timing we have just reverted to battery wars.

even with this, the fast guys will still be fast and the slow guys will be slow
Old 04-20-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxzhonkey
i cant believe you posted another thread on this adam
I had a lot of time to think about things while my car slid from one corner to another, and smashed into things randomly.

I actually like boosted classes. I don't think they're the best thing for racers, but it would have made a lot more sense to end this before it started, not wait until everybody geared up for new classes and then change things.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:37 PM
Tech Addict

when we run at my track in 17.5 no timing we are really close but the winner is determined by the person with the newest battery every time. i get a new one and i win. if i dont have a fresh pac, the next guy wins.
Come on...this is insane, you mean to tell me not once nobody blows out of runs? Nobody puts down an ill handeling car? No mental errors?

This track must have the greatest racers of all time! I would hate to buy 100.00 lipo's every week to race there!

If in 17.5 "blinky" you guys are exhausting your packs, you must be racing for 10+ min. qualifers. I don't care if it's 1/12th ot 1/10th, equipment is only part of the package.

Ever been to a track where a "driver" kicks your butt with your own car? How did he do that? He used your equipment? Your motors, and your batteries?

How was he a 1/10th faster a lap? It can't be? How could someone be better than me!
Old 04-20-2011, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

BWAHHHHAHAHAHA
Old 04-20-2011, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
BWAHHHHAHAHAHA
I know right? Your car wasn't exactly fast down the straight last weekend, but somehow managed to lap the field

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.