Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc) >

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (99%+)

i got to try out my RSD6 lastnight for the first time and man that thing is amazing!!!! if you havent put yours on your car yet go do it now!!! i left my setup on there from the AE chassis but i think my car was just a tad to stiff but my car was still awesome!
great job on this chassis CT
Old 06-01-2012, 11:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

To those that I sent my set up to, I forgot to mention I was running the new AE vertical ball stud mounts. My bad.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Got the RSD6 built over the last couple of days, run for the first time today on carpet here in UK. After slight setup changes, chassis was much smoother though flowing corners and dialed. Quick and still super easy to drive compared to standard TC6.1

Top work on the chassis

Has anyone else run RSD6 on carpet yet?
Old 06-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Aaron, you might be the first to run the car on carpet I am glad it's working out for you.

I am building a set-up database on the website. If you want to share once you have it done, please submit it to the store.

I have a new set-up that generates much better steering traction as well. I also have Canyon's set-up to post up.

What's funny is the difference between the proto and the production version. The Proto had less cuts in the rear and suited a "less aggressive" set-up. The production car is set-up far more aggressively now. I am now running higher roll centers and stiffer springs. The car is getting much better, but is still lacking a tid bit of off power steering in the tight, tight sections with the Solaris tires (which in my experience loose a lot of steering after the 3rd run or so).

Gear diff oil is major in mod. MAJOR. The Yokomo diff that I am running was unloading so bad before and I had not noticed. Now I am running 1200 wt oil and the car rotates better on power and accelerates much, much harder.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

A set up database would be awesome! I ran mine in mod on asphalt today and it was pretty good. Went to long links, more up travel, and a gear diff in the front. Was extremely stable and had tons of steering. Could have used a little more mid corner rotation in the really tight 180's, and I think if I put the DCJ's back in I will achieve that. I couldn't believe how well it carved and generated traction.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Default RSD6 Information Page

http://www.reflexracing.net/RSD6-Inf...age_ep_55.html
Old 06-03-2012, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Default RSD6 Information Page

Double Post. RCTech is wigging out on me.

Last edited by CristianTabush; 06-03-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Nice! I sent you an email with my mod set up.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

anything setup wise for 13.5 boosted.
cheers.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by malcnz
anything setup wise for 13.5 boosted.
cheers.
I just sent Christian my mod set up from this weekend. I was initially running a 13.5 boosted motor and doing lap times on par with the guys running mod motors. I got bored with the 13.5 so I put a 3.5 in with the same set up. Hopefully he'll have it up on the site soon.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by supertech
I just sent Christian my mod set up from this weekend. I was initially running a 13.5 boosted motor and doing lap times on par with the guys running mod motors. I got bored with the 13.5 so I put a 3.5 in with the same set up. Hopefully he'll have it up on the site soon.
awesome cheers..will be a good start..yeah over here times arent that different either but at our club 13.5 boosted is as far as we go due to numbers.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Canyon's new set-up has been added. I also added a little info on Roll Center Blocks and Springs.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Looking forward to running outdoors in a couple of weeks at BRCA national What changes were made to generate more steering traction?

I did lack a bit steering off power in hairpin corners
Old 06-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Aaron, thanks for the set-up, I will post it up tonight.

From the looks of it, I would do a couple of things:
-Run a shorter link in the front, the car will gain more direct steering feel.
-Try running a higher roll center in the rear, like 0B. However, after you do this, then try running 0B in the front. Tell me if you gain front steering. If this is the case, then raise your rear roll center to the 1B and see if the car is rotating how you want.
-You can also increase your ackerman shims. I am at 5.5mm now from the 3mm stock setting.
-Go to 40wt all around. This chassis likes same oil F/R.
-Go to same Spring all around. The car is very balanced with same springs F/R as well.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Aaron, thanks for the set-up, I will post it up tonight.

From the looks of it, I would do a couple of things:
-Run a shorter link in the front, the car will gain more direct steering feel.
-Try running a higher roll center in the rear, like 0B. However, after you do this, then try running 0B in the front. Tell me if you gain front steering. If this is the case, then raise your rear roll center to the 1B and see if the car is rotating how you want.
-You can also increase your ackerman shims. I am at 5.5mm now from the 3mm stock setting.
-Go to 40wt all around. This chassis likes same oil F/R.
-Go to same Spring all around. The car is very balanced with same springs F/R as well.
A problem i have had before with the shorter link is too much bite in direction change. The roll centre change makes sense, mostly used to run 0B before the RSD6. Will also try more ackerman shims, i did look and think it could be more angled forwards. I ran the shock oil and springs to make the car stable initially but will try the change to free the car up a bit more. Thanks for the tips

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.