Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc) >

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 11:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JustWill75
Is it better to make the car wider from the wheel hex or from the bulkhead on carpet?
I tend to run hex shims on carpet, and not on asphalt. Last season I basically ran the same bulkhead shimming on asphalt and carpet, and added 0.5-1mm of hex shims on carpet, depending on tires.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I guess the longer upper link *can make the front roll center marginally lower. However a longer link will typically take away more grip from the front. If you want to exacerbate this effect, just go back to the long TC6 link and see if the car gains or looses steering. So I still don't agree that widening the spacing at the front end increases steering.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
I guess the longer upper link *can make the front roll center marginally lower. However a longer link will typically take away more grip from the front. If you want to exacerbate this effect, just go back to the long TC6 link and see if the car gains or looses steering. So I still don't agree that widening the spacing at the front end increases steering.
I ran the long front link for the first half of the carpet season. The car had a ton of steering. It was awesome through sweepers and medium radius type corners, but the long link made it lazy in 180s and chicanes, and also made the car roll so much youd get buildup on the outside edge of the front tires from the tires picking up. So spacing out the arms gets a medium length link for more steering, and the predictability of the wider front end
Old 04-17-2012, 11:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Any chance Reflex will make a dual bellcrank steering conversion for the 6.1?
Old 04-17-2012, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Have you not ready the previous 3 or 4 pages ? We have pre-orders up for it. It's called the RSD6. It should arrive at the end of the month.

If the question is if we are going to retro-fit dual bell cranks on the std chassis, then no. In order to execute the project correctly, a new chassis is needed, so we improved on the AE design. The result was the RSD6.

On another note, the Hard Anodized Spool cups just arrived. We will put them up for sale tonight. Stay tuned!

Last edited by CristianTabush; 04-17-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

On another note, the Hard Anodized Spool cups just arrived. We will put them up for sale tonight. Stay tuned!
Nice! Can I add them to my current order (for the RSD6) ? ;-)

Will check out the site tomorrow, cant wait
Old 04-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
To me, making the car wider by shimming the arm will add traction to that end. So even though the front is wider, you still have steering, but the car is a little more predictable. I ran that same shimming on asphalt most of last year, but I do want to play with making the car narrower for asphalt again
Mike, even though it might seem like it to you, let's not write incorrect statements. A wider car decreases lateral weight transfer, which takes away traction at whichever end you do this to. This is why cars are run wider on carpet, like you said, to make the car easier to drive.

There is no question, If I narrow my front end my car will get more steering, but it won't be as stable. The new chassis has more steering than the TC6 and this is probably why the front end is working well being wide.
Originally Posted by geeunit1014
What you said is true if you are only changing the track width. Spacing out the arms also changes the roll center to make the car roll more (you are making the upper link longer spacing the arms out).
Very good debate, depending on which setup mentality your using both answers are correct, remember a stiffer front end will "turn" more on rubber tires and by that same token a wider front lower pivot may make a car "turn" more. It has a lot to do with how much your setup puts weight on the front end, and more importantly how your contact patch changes thoughout the cars movement around the corner. Ofter in rubber tire carpet racing just keeping the tire patch as large as possible the car will make the most traction, our setups run such soft springs and low roll centers that we frequently reduce grip by letting the chassis roll more then it should.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Default RSD027 RSD AE TC6.1 Spool Hard Anodized 7075-T6 Aluminum Spool Cup (1 pc)

Only 1 spool cup per pack. We figured it is easier this way that way you don't have to purchase an extra 2 to have a spare. They are very durable and are hard anodized, so they should last you a while.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

On another note, we are down to about 10 RSD6 chassis kits from the first production batch.

This first batch has a lower price and comes with a free spring set. The second batch will probably go up in price as the dual bellcranks supply has dried up, so we will have to go with our own proprietary cranks. Even at our cost, which will be what we sell them at with the chassis, they are more expensive than the ones we were sourcing previously at retail.

So if you are holding out on the chassis, hurry up!
Old 04-18-2012, 02:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Only 1 spool cup per pack. We figured it is easier this way that way you don't have to purchase an extra 2 to have a spare. They are very durable and are hard anodized, so they should last you a while.
Looks very nice..
Old 04-18-2012, 08:28 AM
Tech Adept

Ordered a set. Since the AE stock spool cups have not been available for quite some time now, this is definately the best option. I have had to run with a bandaged cracked spool cup because I could not get a replacement.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just ordered a rsd6 at my lhs cant wait to get it and try out the new springs!!! Also I never used rsd springs what are there advantage over others?
Old 04-18-2012, 06:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

On another note, we are down to about 10 RSD6 chassis kits from the first production batch.

This first batch has a lower price and comes with a free spring set. The second batch will probably go up in price as the dual bellcranks supply has dried up, so we will have to go with our own proprietary cranks. Even at our cost, which will be what we sell them at with the chassis, they are more expensive than the ones we were sourcing previously at retail.

So if you are holding out on the chassis, hurry up!
Hey Cristian What is the difference between the cranks you were sourcing and your own proprietary setup?
Old 04-18-2012, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

The steering bridge will be slightly different and they will be black. However, geometry wise, they are identical, so performance wise they should not be any different whatsoever.

The chassis are selling really well. Probably better than expected.

We will definitely sell the chassis decks by themselves and we will sell the bell cranks by themselves for those that may want to switch over to the black ones on the second production run.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:44 PM
Tech Regular

Blue is better

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.