Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc) >

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

6061-T6. The only thing we see a benefit in using a harder material is rotating parts, like spool cups and driveshafts. On the rest of the chassis 6061 is more than enough to jandle the stress of racing.

We never use 6063. It strips too easily.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Is there a compatible axle or drive shaft set that will allow the use of standard sized hexes and pins, like those used on the Reflex DCJs?
Old 08-18-2013, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Christian last night I raced and I spent most of the night helping new racers. I was setting up a Sakazero he had full length spring in it and I couldn't get the ride height bellow 9 so I to a set of your progresssive springs for a T4 xray and those springs fit great in that car. The guy was really impressed an turned some of his best laps he has ever turned. So maybe you should list those sping as fitting a Sakazero too.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
The Pre-orders for the RX4 Chassis are now on the site. The chassis should be available in 2-3 weeks.

The RX4 chassis has been developed by us to provide a few key things:

1.Narrower in design:
The RX4 is 85mm vs the 94mm for the original T4 chassis. This allows the car to roll deeper in the corners providing more traction. The narrower construction also helps the car in large outdoor asphalt tracks, where cars tend to roll more. Wider chassis cars tend to lose traction in high speed sweepers due to increased chassis rub on the surface of the track.

2.Shorty Pack Option:
Our RX4 Chassis is cut to be shorty pack compatible. In many unlimited weight racing circuits, shorty packs have become quite popular in spec racing. The lighter weight of the shorty pack can allow for much higher power to weight ratios which, when set up right can translate into quicker lap times and reduced tire wear.

3.Captured Pivot Ball and Adjustable Plastic Insert Suspension Mounts (or standard mount compatibility):
Much like the Kyosho TF-6, the RX4 allows for the use of captured pivot ball suspension mounts with different inserts to change the toe angle and track width. The pivot ball suspension, when used with interchangeable plastic inserts is superior to the standard suspension mounts in every way. It still retains the adjustability of the standard mounts, but is lighter, stronger and when used with pivot balls, has less friction as well. The captured ball system does not allow the suspension arm to get loose when clipping curbs or dots, which over a race will allow the car to stay more consistent from beginning to end of the run.

4.Backwards compatible:
If the user still prefers the old style suspension mounting system, the RX4 allows for the use of the original XRAY Parts as well.

The RX4 is made from 2.25mm carbon fiber.

This product listing is for the complete kit which inlcudes:
1.RX4 Chassis
2.RX4 Aluminum Suspension Mounts
3.RX4 Full Plastic insert Set
4.RX4 Front and Rear Stainless Steel Hinge Pins
5.RX4 Hardened Steel Pivot Balls
I got to watch the prototype in action this weekend, his car looked like a slot car. If u need an edge this is it!!!
idbdoug
Old 08-23-2013, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by idbdoug
I got to watch the prototype in action this weekend, his car looked like a slot car. If u need an edge this is it!!!
idbdoug
Cant wait to get it Reflex is got the best stuff out there
Old 08-28-2013, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Should the Reflex 'High Speed Bearing Kit' for the T4 have 5x10x4 bearings for the axles, or contain 5x10x3?

The packs I have only have 5x10x3's in them, only just noticed as I've been using up other bearings I had around.

Skiddins
Old 08-28-2013, 02:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Should the Reflex 'High Speed Bearing Kit' for the T4 have 5x10x4 bearings for the axles, or contain 5x10x3?

The packs I have only have 5x10x3's in them, only just noticed as I've been using up other bearings I had around.

Skiddins
The x3's are for the narrow DCJs, that's how they knock a mm off the length.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Warren Weaver
Cant wait to get it Reflex is got the best stuff out there
Oh, yeah. Looking forward to running this at Horsham this upcoming carpet season.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by erchn
The x3's are for the narrow DCJs, that's how they knock a mm off the length.
I know, I use the DCJ's with those same bearings, but it doesn't mention on the bearing set's page that ALL the wheel bearings are those 3mm thick variants.
Bare in mind that as a complete set it also has beaings for the diffs etc as well which are correct.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I know, I use the DCJ's with those same bearings, but it doesn't mention on the bearing set's page that ALL the wheel bearings are those 3mm thick variants.
Bare in mind that as a complete set it also has beaings for the diffs etc as well which are correct.
Sorry, I misunderstood your question. I'm not sure why they are all 3mm.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Are shims/washers required when using the DCJ's?

When you remove the OEM CVD's there is a shim between the pin and the outer bearing. I dont have one on with my DCJ's and I think if one was used it would need to be really thin. I have the narrow TC6.1 versions.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey peeps,

What is the difference between RSD narrow and wide ESC shaft?

(I can not post links but if you go on reflexracing.net you can see both)

Which one would you recommend for the T4 front?
Old 08-30-2013, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Wide will be just like a standard 52 mm Xray axle. Narrow will fit like a 51 mm axle and will require the narrow bearings. I run the narrows because there are some combinations of spools, outdrives, and gear diffs that bind with a 52 mm axle.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Damian, you got a bad set. I will send you some 4mm in the mail.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RussF
Are shims/washers required when using the DCJ's?

When you remove the OEM CVD's there is a shim between the pin and the outer bearing. I dont have one on with my DCJ's and I think if one was used it would need to be really thin. I have the narrow TC6.1 versions.
No washers. Just Dcj and the new hex hub.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.