Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 08:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Thumbs up Good

Originally posted by SpeedTech
As for parts, I apologize for the delay guys. What I'm frantically working on is a complete in depth articles on how to build the Barracuda R2 (actually, building cars in general) I'm trying to get this up tonight on www.alexracingusa.com so I can concentrate on the parts on Sunday and Monday (I have a huge box of parts sitting in my office at the moment)

So I apologize guys, please be patient

Steve Wang
Old 03-23-2003, 09:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by pkranger63
Did Dave ever post some carpet set-ups for the R2? I keep looking back through the posts and just can't seem to find it. Lots of info Only reason I ask is because I just placed my order for the R2 through speedtech and am gonna order some springs and such and was looking for a starting point.

Thanks
Matt

Hi Matt

I'll see if I can Post a Starter Carpet set up with rubber Tires for you guys later tonight ..or if you have any other Question I'll be glad to answer them
-Dave
Old 03-23-2003, 09:33 AM
Tech Adept

I really appriciate it, thank you. Also quick question. you said HPI springs are a direct replacement on the R2, are the springs I am looking for the SEDAN PRO LINEAR SHOCK SPRINGS 13x25mm or the 13x27mm or a set of each?

Thanks,
Matt
Old 03-23-2003, 09:43 AM
Tech Champion

I really appriciate it, thank you. Also quick question. you said HPI springs are a direct replacement on the R2, are the springs I am looking for the SEDAN PRO LINEAR SHOCK SPRINGS 13x25mm or the 13x27mm or a set of each?

Thanks,
Matt

Use the 13x27mm ones I use nothing else..... but if you want the best overall Alex Racing Spring...then I would go for the 1.5/5.25

-Dave
Old 03-23-2003, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

I found what my problem was with the shocks, I was using the wrong o-rings in the wrong places DOH!
The manual shows the largest ones on the top end of the shock when they should go inside the adjustable collar, the first shock I built I also got the wrong o-ring on the bottom bit, I used the medium one which easily squidged out
Would be a good thing to add to your extra instructions Steve
Old 03-23-2003, 11:43 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Herminator
I found what my problem was with the shocks, I was using the wrong o-rings in the wrong places DOH!
The manual shows the largest ones on the top end of the shock when they should go inside the adjustable collar, the first shock I built I also got the wrong o-ring on the bottom bit, I used the medium one which easily squidged out
Would be a good thing to add to your extra instructions Steve
Good Idea....if you all find anything else out that you think should be added to the supliment....please post it so that we can all help future Barracuda R2 Buyers out
-Dave
Old 03-23-2003, 11:47 AM
Tech Adept

Default Nut drivers

Getting a order together for stuff for the R2...quick question..what size nut drivers are used to assembly??

Thanks again
Matt
Old 03-23-2003, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

I'm having more fun with the shocks, this time the usual problem of getting the plastic links on the bottom of the shaft Wish someone would start making them so that they were held on by a grub screw or something, coz trying to hold a shock shaft without it turning yet also without scratching it is next to impossible. I've found I had to pre thread the plastic ends with a suitale screw first but it's still difficult.
How far do they need to go on? ie. how much thread should be left showing on the shaft? if any
Old 03-23-2003, 01:10 PM
Tech Champion

Lightbulb .

Getting a order together for stuff for the R2...quick question..what size nut drivers are used to assembly??

Thanks again
Matt
M3 and M4 size which is 5mm and 7mm I belive

-Dave
Old 03-23-2003, 01:24 PM
Tech Adept

I have located a 4.5 and 5.5mm nut driver but no 5mm. Hmm isn't there a page with conversions for these sorts of things

Matt
Old 03-23-2003, 01:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm having more fun with the shocks, this time the usual problem of getting the plastic links on the bottom of the shaft Wish someone would start making them so that they were held on by a grub screw or something, coz trying to hold a shock shaft without it turning yet also without scratching it is next to impossible. I've found I had to pre thread the plastic ends with a suitale screw first but it's still difficult.
How far do they need to go on? ie. how much thread should be left showing on the shaft? if any
I usually use a pair of wire cutters/dykes and grab the top part of the thread. Then I just screw on the end. It's very easy. If I need to grab higher than the threads I use a pair of needle nose pliers with a piece of rubber on the ends to hold the shock shaft.
Old 03-23-2003, 01:49 PM
Tech Champion

Hermi'

Set the Front lenght to 60~61mm & the Rear to 63~64mm...

If you have needle nose plyers put some tape on them and grab the lowest portion of the shock shaft and then start to thread the plastic end on by a couple of threads then stick a thin metal bar like a screw driver or allen wrench though the plastic end to make it turn easy

-Dave
Old 03-23-2003, 02:09 PM
Tech Champion

I have located a 4.5 and 5.5mm nut driver but no 5mm. Hmm isn't there a page with conversions for these sorts of things

Matt
?? ?? Don't know...
-Dave
Old 03-23-2003, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Hermi'

Set the Front lenght to 60~61mm & the Rear to 63~64mm...

If you have needle nose plyers put some tape on them and grab the lowest portion of the shock shaft and then start to thread the plastic end on by a couple of threads then stick a thin metal bar like a screw driver or allen wrench though the plastic end to make it turn easy

-Dave
Yeah I use a small screw driver to turn the the plastic end, just the pliers keep slipping, think I'll try the cutters. Didn't help that I put the wrong size ends on two shocks got mixed up by the ball link bits that sit in the top of the shocks but don't actually click in, thought I had to use the smaller balls in the lower plastic bit so i put smaller plastic bits on

Those shock lengths are different from the kit settings it says 59.5 and 60.5mm
Old 03-23-2003, 04:03 PM
Tech Champion

Those shock lengths are different from the kit settings it says 59.5 and 60.5mm
Yes they are different Hermi' I run mine a bit longer... But 60mm & 61mm would be fine
-Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.