Search
Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2003, 10:04 PM
fai
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by fReShJiVe
regarding protecting the drivetrain from stones or anything that would enter the diff gear...what do u guys do as i see that for the front it's pretty well protected but not the rear.There are gaps between the plastic diff cover and the arms.
fReShJiVe: I found having the cover will 'keep' the stones inside instead of 'prevent' them from going in!! I have a bumper in front and it nearly blocks all stones coming in... For the rear, no cover at all!
Old 01-19-2003, 10:08 PM
fai
Regional Moderator

Default Re: hiyas

Originally posted by dynoman007
looking for shock pistons for alex shocks ,,,, anyone have them we are trieing to run some carpet and with standard fluids cant seem to get the car stiff enough ...........tried to glue up one hole and even pin one hole it isnt working very well ....................
Oh... I saw Japanese enlarge the holes of pistons as they claim too hard damping... Maybe you can just go up to 80/70wt oil instead of sealing pistion holes...
Old 01-19-2003, 10:10 PM
fai
Regional Moderator

Default Re: springs

what springs are most running i have been using yokomo springs . anyone have any other options with a nice selection ?
I also see lots of people running yokomo springs: mainly pink and yellow. For me, I choose Atlas and Speedmind (HK)!! Fit very well!
Old 01-19-2003, 10:11 PM
Tech Addict

Default wow

we are running foam tires enlarging the pistons would make my chassis drag horribly in the corners lol
Old 01-19-2003, 10:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by fai
I think the purpose of the two addition slots is to counter-balance the flex on the servo size... As you can see in R1, without the slots, the servo side will be more rigid than the battery side when the whole chasis 'twists'. I hope this improves car's performance a little bit... (I did add two slots last friday to my R1!!! Hope it workes!)

i suppose the flex on the twist will only happen if not using any battery holder...but i'm using the Aluminium Battery brace so i guess the flex should be rather equal on both side

Originally posted by fai
fReShJiVe: I found having the cover will 'keep' the stones inside instead of 'prevent' them from going in!! I have a bumper in front and it nearly blocks all stones coming in... For the rear, no cover at all!
that's what i notice also....had some leaves stuck in the rear diff area with nowhere to go out....unless i had the rear portion of the diff cover cut out...i will run with no diff cover now

Originally posted by fai
I also see lots of people running yokomo springs: mainly pink and yellow. For me, I choose Atlas and Speedmind (HK)!! Fit very well!
i'm using Kawada spring....they have like 10 different spring rates to choose from...i prefer them over the Yokomo ones coz car seems to be like a rainbow with pink/yellow/red/gren springs....kawada one look nicer as they are mainly silver/black/light gold

Just placed an order about an hour for the C hub/servo saver arms/rear upright....should get it soon as i took EMS as shipping option....and they already billed my credit card for it hopefully to get it by Tuesday.....
Received mine today ....will take pics of it on the car and loose

By the way any suggestion on getting more ackerman angle on this car
Old 01-19-2003, 11:23 PM
Tech Addict

Default springs

how much for full set of kawada springs ??
Old 01-20-2003, 06:29 PM
Tech Addict

Default pistons

anyone have blank shock pistons ??? or options ???
Old 01-21-2003, 02:13 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: springs

how much for full set of kawada springs ??
not sure though...maybe around $5 per pair

By the way the "Jet" products that i received has some problems so no pics yet.
1)C-Hub doesnt fit there's about 2.7mm needs to be shim anyone with "Square" c hub care to comment as the seem to be a copy of "Square"
2)servo saver arms had 2 of the right arm no left arm

Only thing that are really nice fit are the rear upright.Already called and email them and waiting for their answer
Old 01-21-2003, 05:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: springs

not sure though...maybe around $5 per pair

By the way the "Jet" products that i received has some problems so no pics yet.
1)C-Hub doesnt fit there's about 2.7mm needs to be shim anyone with "Square" c hub care to comment as the seem to be a copy of "Square"
2)servo saver arms had 2 of the right arm no left arm

Only thing that are really nice fit are the rear upright.Already called and email them and waiting for their answer
I use the Square C-hubs on my cuda`s and the fit is great ..no shimming has to be done ..
and as for the servo saver arms have 2 right ones???? Bad Ju'Ju'

But Jet should get back to you ASAP... they are prety good about that
-Dave
Old 01-21-2003, 06:06 AM
Tech Regular

JDM - i called them up yesterday regarding my problem and even send pics via email to them ....were told they would get back to me today...by 7pm no return mail again so i called overseas again ......so they told me they would be sending a new set of servo saver arms and spacers that they forgot to include with the c-hub.....optional c-hub need spacers....hopefully they will send it EMS as that's what i paid for...??? not sure if this is a case of wrong measurement or what but if stock doesnt need any shim why would an optional ones need...they could have just mold it like the stock ones so no shims needed.....i also need to send back the arms to them(extra cost on me but they told me to send the slowest and cheapest method so i suppose it wont be much)....i suppose this is what when guys say "u get what u pay for" ... i should have bought the Square ones instead.....i guess next time i will let others to buy new products first before trying them out but overall they are still okay to deal with as they did admit their mistake in packaging.....for the rear upright they are SWEET!!!
Old 01-21-2003, 06:08 AM
Tech Regular

attached is the picture of the c-hub with Square knuckles
Attached Thumbnails Barracuda from Alex racing-chub.jpg  
Old 01-21-2003, 03:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Wow

attached is the picture of the c-hub with Square knuckles
Wow thats one big gap????!!!!! I would get the Square ones next time..... but then again the Jet price can't be beat ..
For me it comes down to quality I guess .....Also that space might be a good thing because if you ever get the Speedway PAL short arm conversion the extra space that the Jet hub provides would be good because with the kit you need to file a tad bit off the front of the A-arm were the knuckle hits at the bottom of the shock stroke...about 2mm but thats it no big deal
-Dave
Old 01-21-2003, 05:16 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Wow

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Wow thats one big gap????!!!!! I would get the Square ones next time..... but then again the Jet price can't be beat ..
For me it comes down to quality I guess .....Also that space might be a good thing because if you ever get the Speedway PAL short arm conversion the extra space that the Jet hub provides would be good because with the kit you need to file a tad bit off the front of the A-arm were the knuckle hits at the bottom of the shock stroke...about 2mm but thats it no big deal
-Dave
that upgrade is next on the list u got any used ones for sale maybe the square ones
Old 01-21-2003, 05:24 PM
fai
Regional Moderator

JDM - i called them up yesterday regarding my problem and even send pics via email to them ....were told they would get back to me today...by 7pm no return mail again so i called overseas again ......so they told me they would be sending a new set of servo saver arms and spacers that they forgot to include with the c-hub.....optional c-hub need spacers....hopefully they will send it EMS as that's what i paid for...??? not sure if this is a case of wrong measurement or what but if stock doesnt need any shim why would an optional ones need...they could have just mold it like the stock ones so no shims needed.....i also need to send back the arms to them(extra cost on me but they told me to send the slowest and cheapest method so i suppose it wont be much)....i suppose this is what when guys say "u get what u pay for" ... i should have bought the Square ones instead.....i guess next time i will let others to buy new products first before trying them out but overall they are still okay to deal with as they did admit their mistake in packaging.....for the rear upright they are SWEET!!!
I also tried to put on those JET rear hub last night but they don't fit??!! I think I've to file the A-arms a little bit in order to sit those hubs in... However I think I still need to test the plastic 2 degree hub at this stage so I do nothing finally... BTW, my A-arms are hard type...
fReShJiVe: How about yours??

Old 01-21-2003, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

fai- "JET" rear hubs fit nicely in mine...i'm also using the hardened arms

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.